đŸ”” [Oct 14, 2020] Trials of Mysticism – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 19th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete đŸ”” Trials of Mysticism Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time
I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions
5 Likes

With Ninja Tower imminent, I forgot this was scheduled. :joy:

Thanks for continuing to post these @Guvnor!

2 Likes

Small reminder for anyone who is interested in participating:

4 Likes

I will go with:

Team Power: 3762
Sartana +2 / Proteus +18 / cKashhrek / LotL (3/70) / Proteus

On the bench I have:

Sabina +16
Jean Francois +6
Kiril +9
Skittleskull (+costume) +3
Fura

2 Likes

All 4*,no battle items used.

9 Likes

My team:

No items used.

The new emblems will go to Isarnia and Norns.

5 Likes

Did this with:

Team Power: 3762
Sartana +2 / Proteus +18 / cKashhrek / LotL (3/70) / Proteus

The ironic thing is, my +18 Proteus died, despite being protected by cKashhrek lol.

3 Likes

No reset emblem on this one

1 Like

4* challenge, lets go!
Team last time
Screenshot_20200909-220245_Empires
Team this time

Slow start, went well for a while

Then um, yeah nah :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As you can see, revive and bombs away
Saving all loot

9 Likes

Swapped Kashhrek for Skittles Skulls
As a result, the team improved significantly in attacks, and the attack debuff helped considerably to keep my team alive from boss slashes.

Board started awfully, but got better with cascades of the right tiles, Can’t remember the last time I did this trial without items,phew! This time, it went smoothly without the use of items.

Trainer saved, sorcerers to Skittles, wizards to Hel.

8 Likes

4☆ challange acepted. Benched Ursena for this.

I have used /C.Melendor/Proteus/Proteus/Almur/C.Melendor

No items needed.

Sorcer emblems for Ursena
Wizard emblems for Kiril.

Trainer to Clarissa

9 Likes

4* challenge.

Team:
Sabina - C. Melendor - Almur - Skittleskull - Proteus

Emblems banked. Trainer to Fura. No reset.

7 Likes

4* challenge. Items used 2 small mana 1 medium mana for Kiril kept attacking him :frowning:

Emblems to guin and almur onced finished trainer gafar

9 Likes

Completed quite easily using same team as last Trials of Mysticism 

Costume Kiril, Proteus, Onatel, Jean-Francois and Sartana
Used a purple flag on last level

3 Likes

Thanks as always to @Guvnor for setting these up and also everyone participating in the 4* challenge! If you’re doing the vanilla challenge good luck to you too :crossed_fingers:. Having done both I think the vanilla challenge is easier for this particular trial than the 4*, but that’ll vary dramatically based on your roster :man_shrugging:.

The team for stages 1 & 2:

So this team worked really well all things considered. I was getting purple diamonds before setting off Ameonna, etc. It was in the back of my mind that the bosses on stage 3 hit hard 
 really hard, so this was my team for stage 3:

Here is my bench:

Truthfully the bench isn’t much.

My thought with stage 3 was Sabina has pretty good A value still, more survivable than Ameonna, and the third heal should allow me to win in a slow grind of a fight. Kiril boosts A and D, Melendor gives me a HoT plus boosted D, maybe it’ll work :thinking: I obviously don’t have much hitting power :crazy_face:. It worked for a while and then it didn’t :laughing:.

Made it to the bosses using no items. The 3 healers doing great, “hitters” doing their thing, and my tile damage is pretty good-ish. Made it to the bosses. Tile damage was king, but I am largely weak and neutral against them. They took Skittles right away.

SIDE NOTE: I should not have dropped antidotes thinking having 2 D boosters would make up for it. If you haven’t done it yet make sure you have antidotes or a more reliable way to cleanse Ulmer’s D drop than I did! :laughing:

The other 4 hung in for a while, but then Fura died. There go my “hitters”. My core 3 stayed at it for a while longer yet. I did start using some healing pots and mana pots though.

Ulmer finally goes down. I am thinking I am in good shape because the dumb D drop thing is fine, Quintus is maybe half health, and Balthazar under half. I was wrong :-1:. C-Melendor goes down next followed not too long after by Sabina :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:! :laughing:

Quintus is at 25% and Balthazar is almost dead. Having only Kiril left and knowing how much time was committed I was not going to replay. I usually bring only dragons, but am glad I added :bomb:.

It was tough, I did it, and I thought it was super fun trying it this way.

Seems to be Proteus makes life easier if you have him. I have mentioned my thoughts on that previously :laughing:. If I had Kashhrek’s costume it would be different, overheal could help. Otherwise the biggest thing for me, aside from lack of 4* hitter options, was no D dropper. Almur would be big if you also have Skittleskull and c-Melendor. Probably get some good tile damage from green, especially on Ulmer. Almur vs Ulmer? 
 I am easily amused.

I think the no hitters thing is a class issue in general. I am sure there will be ones with only hitters and no healers. Let the fun begin! :rofl:

Trainer went to Justice on her way to 80. Sorcerer saved for Quintus’s next node. Wizard to bank for lack of options. I have enough to get Fura to +20. I also have literally no other wizard options on the horizon/roster so I might do it. Node 20 would be fine, it’s just node 19 (healing boost or mana boost) is kind of a waste with her IMO. Thoughts on Fura to +20/node 19 welcome.

Good luck out there and those still trialing!

:beers:

11 Likes

4* challange, let’s go

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Switch back using one of them Kiril-CB, last time I forget to change it.
And let’s try Fura for this 4* challange.
Other options:
2020-10-14_19-09-36

Battle

Good board setup on boss stage with blue and purple diamond, and all mana charged.

Fura damage is soo little although it is already +att buff by Kiril and the opponent -def by Kiril-C
 duhh :sweat_smile: maybe next time I would use Skittleskull instead, she is good color VS Ulmer at least.

OK, finished without items
 no problem :muscle: :wink:

Reward

Emblem sorcerer keep in stock, need some little emblem for last Ursena node +20. Wizard keep in stock for now. Trainer also in stock.
Secret Info: No Reset Emblem Token :man_facepalming:

No joke :worried:

12 Likes

Almost all my trials are 4* only (I have 2 (almost 3) maxed 5*, and about 40 maxed 4*), so I can say this is easily doable, especially with S3/costume and when highly emblemed.

today managed with:
c-kiril(+10) / proteus(+18) / merlin(+10) / c-melendor (+18) and almur (+18). used one bomb in the last mob-stage to preserve a good board, and 2 manapotions for proteus when purples ran out.

trainer to mok-arr for his last levels. emblems in stock

7 Likes

4* only challenge done.
Had to use seven mana potions on original Kiril to keep team alive.

My Team

8 Likes

4* challenge for the win yeah!

@Muchacho you’ve started a movement :wink:

Linking to my plan

Went with my back up plan:

Proteus 2 +6/ Kiril / Kashhrek costume / Proteus 2 +19 / Skittleskull normal

• +19 Proty supported with Lvl17 mana troop to charge in 9 tiles
  • Kash protects +19 Proty and Kiril, so I have my mana block, healing and a direct counter to boss Ulmer
  • Skittles’ attack debuff makes a good backup just in case
  • costumed Melendor is a bit redundant vs. Kiril, so I went for Kiril as the attack buff would help - this team relies on tile damage and stalling. Decided a 2nd Proty would make more sense.

Benched 5*: Sartana, Isarnia
Benched 4*: Melendor costume (as reasoned above), Sabina (nothing to dispel, weak color to 2 bosses)

Made it to boss stage with all specials charged, and my core 3 had double HP. Wow, costume Kash is a beast - I’m glad I maxed him. Alas, ran out of purple tiles after a few turns and Ulmer and Quintus got to fire. poor backup Proty and Skittles died
 but the middle 3 stood strong. Ulmer died first to a cascade of Green tiles. Balthy fired again, but got killed by tiles soon after
 and finally, Quintus.

My middle 3 were never in danger of dying, thanks to good old Kash! Never imagined I would ever type that

Wizard emblems bring Sartana to +6, and targetting to get her to +7; I usually use her on offense with Proteus, Tibs and Seshat and prefer her in costume (as that extra up-front OOMPH is often the difference between murdering a dangerous opponent before they can fire).

Sorcerer emblems in the bank. Might bring my Sabina 2 up to +20 as well
 Skittles is the only other option, and Sabina 2 still gets more use in my mono Purple 2nd war team, while Skittles sees use mostly in Class Quests and world map.

Purple Trainer to dupe Sartana’s costume.

8 Likes