šŸ… [Mar 23, 2019] 1st Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Rush Attack, All Elements

I have marked it as a known issue:

5 Likes

Thanks, Petri! Really appreciate that.

1 Like

Thanks Petri. I just brought your announcement here because I think a Staff post should be noticed by most people, and right now we have 2 major threads running at the same time.

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me if you get notification when you have been attacked in raid tournament (similar to normal raid attack notifications)? I entered a team with power 3,439 and I have received no notifications of being attacked yet and itā€™s halfway through the second day.

Why u should get more pojnts if u hit with 3 heros or 1 hero ? Not getting the logic here ā€¦U can hit with whatever u have on your roster thats your army , what kind of tournament would have been that ?

Moderatorā€™s Note

SGG has responded in the Feedback thread about issues with team matches in the Tournament:

1 Like

I would be nice if they had the capability to do Swiss pairings. 0/0 vs. 0/0, 5/0 vs. 5/0, etc. Even with a huge population it would quickly adjust the pairings.

3 Likes

ā€œRaid Tournamentā€ so far is disappointing in my point of viewā€¦ There is chance that I will win all my matcshes and will not be able to make into top 1%. What is the benefit of investing my emblems on 4*heroes for only this first tournament and not getting anywhere near good. I can understand, ā€œchanceā€ is a factor in the game to get something good. However, if we are talking about tournament, chance should not be issue for us players. Better players or players have better heroes should get a good spot on the rankā€¦

1 Like

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Even if youā€™ll not reach the top tier loot in this tournament, you have made competitive heroesā€¦

No reason for regrets or being disappointed. Emblemed epics are bada$$.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind compliments. I was hoping it to be more competitive and exciting :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Although you donā€™t expect answers, Iā€™d like to share my perception.

In the same way you play agains a rare titan or in Challenge event with a color reflection.

Number of participants in a rare Challenge event is twice higher than in an Epic, so I suppose deep roster of 3* heroes is not an issue for a majority of players.

Even if you donā€™t have them it is not a big issue, troops are not critical for a battle, I think.

So, overall tournament rules donā€™t look bad. Letā€™s see how fast the implementation will be polished.

2 Likes

Mono def reqired would be a nice rule and strong color denied for the attackersā€¦

That would lead into strategic thinking about elemental synergies and well working special combinations.

3 Likes

@Kith Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for taking time to share feedback! :slight_smile:

Me too. And Iā€™m hoping that future Tournaments will improve, based on this comment from the devs:

I think there are a lot of the ingredients in the Tournaments for them to be really fun.

This first one feels like a mis-baked cake.

But I think with enough tries theyā€™ll get the recipe right, and this will ultimately be a great addition to the game ā€” despite this first time around turning into a bit of a soggy mess.

2 Likes

I think the possibilities for these tournaments are intriguing. Iā€™d like to see them add class requirements to some of them.

1 Like

Thank you zephyr1. It is okey, they could mess everything, even we may not be able to connect servers, these are all understandable, they are trying to make game more charming for us. Hope they will achieve understandable level of ā€œfair competitionā€ for all of us at the end.

1 Like

I would not object against the complaint if it is formulated without expressions like boring tournament, farmtournament even if it is early to complain. :slight_smile:

Actually finding out how the tournament works ( especially the pairings ) gives me quite some food for thought. :slight_smile:

The tournament is free, if I win all rounds 5-0 this might be boring but should give a nice reward ( crosses fingers ) so all in all the worst that can happen the first tournament is not as interesting as we all hoped for but with giving good feed back to SGG we can hope to speed up improvements. :smile:

1 Like

I am all for open discussion. If possible with helpfull comments to the point and without unnecessary use of words that dont help the topic. :slight_smile:

I think this tiered schedule where we attack the weakest teams on day 1, then slightly stronger on day 2, etc. is probably the ā€œrightā€ system or pretty close to it.

Suppose that the attacks were completely random on day 1, then those getting matched with weaker teams would be way behind those getting matched with stronger ones (assuming they win), and the rankings would be far more random than they are now. Youā€™d also have the problem, given no rerolls, of very weak teams being matched with very strong ones early on and being knocked out earlier than others who just had easier games to start with.

If they follow a power based matchmaking system, then it becomes very difficult to rank teams again. Would a given win-loss ratio in the mid 3000 power level be the same as the same ration in the mid-1000 level? And if you then give bonus points for wins based on power level, then how is it fair for teams that are always matched with less powerful teams?

With the current system, while there is clearly an element of the luck of the draw - there is considerable variation in points amongst those with 10 wins today - this variation is contained somewhat because everyone is attacking teams in the same broad range. Also, it is more likely that these weaker teams are getting knocked out first, and the stronger teams are continuing onwards. Weā€™ll have to see what the eventual point distribution is to judge whether the variability so far is critical, but this is just fine tuning towards the right balance - I think the approach is right.

I donā€™t think you should get a c grade on defence if you werenā€™t attacked though. If you werenā€™t attacked because your team power was too high, then it follows your defence was probably better than those that were attacked and it isnā€™t right to be at a disadvantage to them because your power was higher.

2 Likes

Would it be too simple to just use Swiss pairings, award points based on opponent wins plus 1.

For an undefeated player:

0/0 vs. 0/0 = 1 point
1/0 vs. 1/0 = 2 points
2/0 vs. 2/0 = 3 points
Etc.

The pool of undefeated players would dwindle very quickly since half are eliminated each round. Assuming that there are 600K players less than 10K would be undefeated by the end of day 1. Which would pretty much guarantee they all get paired.

1 Like