Now is the time to end war buffs

Now is the time to eliminate war buffs! When wars started, the buffs provided a balance for people building up six strong war teams. It gave people who didn’t have 30 five star heroes a chance against stronger attackers. With a year’s worth of emblems, and the rollout of costumes, there is no reason to keep these buffs that so many people hate (the people who frequent the forums tend to take a different view than most if not all members of my alliance).

I am concerned that with so many people disillusioned by field aid and the other buffs that they will stop participating in wars or rage-quit because the wars have become such an annoyance. I know all of the arguments for keeping them to make the game more “interesting” but I think it would worthwhile to remove buffs for a period of time to see the response.

I don’t believe this was the reason for the war buffs as the buff affects all players. It’s part of the structure of war - not as a work around for players rosters.

You forget that the game is getting new players every day. Not all players have a years worth of emblems, costumes for their heroes, or have had 2 years to build up a roster that can face any opponent thrown at them.

This sounds like a leadership problem. While Individual players in my alliance have a war type they don’t like (yes, for most it’s field aid), we look at it as a team sport. It’s part of war and we continually look for better ways to overcome the effects of them. We keep that attitude by the leadership having an engaged and positive attitude.

Honestly, if your alliance hates war that much just opt out. That’s one less stressor in your alliance. Focus on titans, raid tournies or the upcoming Path if Valor. Wars aren’t required.

I think you would see a lot of players saying wars are boring. You might as well go raid…

20 Likes

Nope, without war aids it would be no different in skill to doing 6 raids. The aids force you to considder different attack teams based on the aid and potentially different defences. I also find they help neutralise the mono team use as will punish a poor board.

Maybe adding an extra aid or 2 to the rotation would be nice

13 Likes

An easy solution would be to allow alliances to opt-in or out of War Aids. Those that think they add to the game and enjoy them can continue to use them, Those that find them frustrating can chose to participate without them. Seems very simple to me and would be a win-win for a change.

Isnt there an opt out button already?

2 Likes

Sure, but that’s for war itself. I’m talking about opting out of war aids - you’d still participate in war, just without the aids that so many people dislike. Teams that don’t like aid can face other teams that don’t like it. Those that think it adds something can still enjoy it.

There’s raids for that

Just sayin

2 Likes

Even I hate Field Aid, Aids brings more challenge to the table, you can set up your defense team according to a secific Aid and also you can set up your different attack teams… Actually I would like to see more variants besides the three already available… How about the same on weekly tournaments? Rush Attack Bloody Battle? That could be interesting!!

The idea of this game is to be more challenging not easier… I really welcome the changes on Monthly Event… They are now more challenging… Getting rid of AW Aids would make them more boring… it would be as having 6 normal raids…

7 Likes

Raids are individual events, war is a team event, just saying…

I’m not trying to force you to give up war aids, why do you have issue with people that don’t like them? Never understand why people want to force their views on others that have a different POV.

And I’ll add, I hear people talking about strategy the aid brings, I bet that less than 10% of the alliances and players out there actually use a different strategy or teams based upon the aid. A large number of players don’t have 60 4 or 5s maxed enabling them to chose the proper hero/team combination. They are going to use the same teams, because that’s all they have, and the aids just frustrate people.

There is already a player-to-player competition aspect of the game that doesn’t have buffs. It’s called the Raid Arena. The buffs of war are designed to make players rethink their fighting strategy in a raid-like setting rather than using the same heroes you might otherwise have if it were a raid battle and not a war battle. If anything, I’d like to see more buffs worked into the rotation of the Arrow Barrage, Field Aid, and Attack Boost wars.

2 Likes

And again, I ask, “why do you care?” If others think it would be more enjoyable without aid, how are you harmed by allowing that? Why do you want to force your view on this on others, if people want to participate in war with aid I think that’s great, and I probably would still, but I really don’t feel the need to force people that have different team make up or view to participate and get frustrated.

Defensive much? If you’re getting beaten regularly in wars to weaker teams because of the buffs, then why not learn from it and try to be better?

I agree, they should give an option for people to only fight wars the way they like. They should also make it so that all raid tourneys have a set rule. For me it would be only rush mode 5*. I mean why is SG forcing people that have different team make up or view to participate and get frustrated?

Give me the “EASY” button already!!!

2 Likes

My two cents are that I love the war aids. It makes it more of a strategy to plan against rather than just it being a typical raid experience. I wish they had more variety in the war aids that added even more strategy to it.

2 Likes

To program such a thing is pretty inefficient and high cost/benefit… it is like customizing AW to the preference of some players…

What about if some members of an Alliance agree with AW Aids and others dont…? The leader decides if it is an Aid free Alliance?

You have now to consider another issue in War matchmaking…

Personally I think solution it is pretty easy…Some people do not like to raid, so they just do not raid. Players who do not like AW Aids just Opt Out of War… this way they do not get frustrated… but they also lose a way to earn stuff.

AW Aids have helped me a lot to become a better player, now players who do not like them have the rigth to ask for a different approach, that’s why it is a Ideas & Feature request post… But just think it is something pretty inefficient to implement… and at the end players will still playing AW no matter if there are Aids or not,it is a source for AM

1 Like

Because 30 vs 30 raids with the same rewards as wars is bs

Now if they wanna nerf the rewards of 30vs30 wars, then sure np

Along with separate matchmaking and no score in alliance score for leaderboard purposes

Compromise…

1 Like

No one is forced into participating in alliance wars

So can probly throw that word and sentiment out of the vocabulary of this discussion

No one is forcing anything on anyone

You tossed in your 2 cents, I’ve tossed in mine, you and others are not forced to war, raid, farm, kill titans, or even play at all if you really wanna get down to it. Every part in the game and the entire game itself as a whole is completely optional

5 Likes

The war buffs are what make the wars what they are. And I’m not convinced the majority don’t like them the way they are.

2 Likes

Because I’m not, it’s not a problem for me or my alliance, I just know that several people don’t like them, so why force them on those that don’t want them.