Now I'm confused with Aegir

Nice must of gotten some good boards

titana are about tile damage, not special skill damage so that’s why i advise newer players to focus on a 4* arsenal first then 5* pieces later. you can max 2 4* at the cost of 1 5*. that comes from experience @f1ush

1 Like

Just to give you an insight on Aegir’s path to release. He started off as avg mana, spirit link with all allies, and a flat 60% def buff to all. Some people liked this and wanted it to stay. Others felt he was OP.

Then he got nerfed, to a slow mana hero, spirit link with nearby allies only, and no defense buff. Everyone thought this made him too weak.

Then we reached his current state. I highly doubt SG will be buffing him any time soon. I don’t think we should hold our breath for any tank that can seriously challenge Guin.

Like which heroes in particular are you referring to as I use dragon banners vs relying on Boldtusk or krill I use gjackel, gfalcon, Grimm, Gormack as debuffers

I have 19 4* max lvl as well
Highest damage 89k only 11-12* titans
But we r offtopic

Actually I stand by the Ares A+ and GM A. Ares is literally fantastic in ALL aspects of the game. GM is fantastic in wars and raiding.

6 Likes

GM elemental buff + better as tank + better on different def options
I think they both on the same level

But I slightly choose GM

1 Like

Wilbur > Ares Overall

1 Like

Wilbur were designed to raise the power creep gap.
He also get a little ATK buff with the best titan’s ATK buffer (Tarlak) to help peoples realize how to use it.

Titans yes. Elsewhere, it’s debatable

Wilbur has the same counter as ares while also being susceptible to strong color atks on weak hero’s. I literally have never had an issue with Wilbur. Titans sure he keeps people alive on 10*+… but raids/war?

Literally just use one of the many def debuffer (Athena preferred) to overwrite his buff find the weakest def hero on the team and unload and Wilbur now just became a detriment to his team. Use magni to counter his def debuff and strong counter Wilbur with his weak stats as well. You can easily turn Wilbur into a detriment.

3 Likes

The problem is wilbur’s special last longer and covers the entire team while being a 4*.

Just use someone like Athena overwrite Wilbur’s def buff and just unload on him. It doesn’t even matter if he recharges he doesn’t do any damage he just becomes a health siphon for his team and most players put him center or flank. Add magni to the team and Wilbur’s life link becomes your benefit while doing strong damage to Wilbur. Wilbur will always be a 4* hero on a 5* team which is why aegir became such a disappointment.

The main reason I like the new Halloween hero isn’t the health siphon it’s the very fast def buff. It means I’ll always be able to overwrite a def debuff like Wilbur’s.

Titans
Wilbur > Ares
Offens
Wilbur >= Ares
Def
Wilbur < Ares
Events
Wilbur > Ares
Attainable
Wilbur > Ares

Conclusion
Save your rings guys for someone else + you may level few for AW
Wilbur > 75% of all 5* heroes :smiley:

Hi Zero, would be appreciate if you have time to record and post video of using Aegir in offensive team. You can explain to us like you always did with other heroes. Thanks in advance

Which ones? I mean, Wu Kong and who else?

Any titan colour? I do have many 4*s, but never gotten close to that damage, even with Wu in my team.

I think the first configuration is the best, since it’s kind of middle ground between 2nd and third.

It’s also a configuration we are all familiar with (it would just be a 5* Gunnar), and not being undispellable, it gives a chance for the rival to counter it.

Wilbur is not =< Ares on raid offenses imo. He is great, but has his drawbacks. Any hero that requires you to heavily color stack to be effective isn’t a hero I consider great. Ares can stand on his own, and even win a raid as the only hero left on your offense. Wilbur cannot do that. But that’s my play style.

Wilbur is amazing on titans and events. Only instances where I pick him over Ares.

There are exactly 0 instances in raiding where I would use Wilbur over Ares. Using rings on Ares isn’t a “waste” as you put it. But you are entitled to your opinion.

6 Likes

I thank Zero for his presence, for me his opinion has a lot of weight. Can I abuse your kindness? I have, Colen, liana 3,70, kadilen, 3,70, boril, kiril, wilbur, jackal, sabina, wu, gormek, merlin, and now aegir. What defense would you mount?

Kiril, Kadilen, Aegir, Colen, Lianna would be my recommendation.