🏅 [Nov 10, 2019] 30th Raid Tournament! — 5* Bloody Battle, No Fire/Red

Alt #1 went 4-1 and main went 5-0 iirc I have to double check. But yeah this one is going surprisingly smoother then again. Bloody Battle is my favorite modifier. As my main has no healers that are 4 stars and five stars. The healers that I kept running into were mainly the dispellers and Rigard.

EDIT: The numbers for the profiles need to be reversed. Main went 4-1 and alt #1 went 5-0 actually.

2 Likes

I give up trying to figure out which of these tournaments will be hardest for me. I thought I would do okay last week, not great. But I did terrible, getting an E on defense and squeaking into the top 5% by buying a continue. I thought this week would be terrible, given that of my few 5 stars, 2 are red. But instead my defense is undefeated (only attacked 3 times, though) and my offense is 5-0. I realize it won’t last as I start getting matched with tougher teams, but for now I will celebrate my first ever perfect opening day :tada::confetti_ball:

7 Likes

@zephyr1- what did you decide? The 2nd Def setup looked better to me.

I ended up going with that second one. :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, might as well do my daily post now…

Day 1

Offense

I won 4, and very narrowly lost 1, when I accidentally cascaded and charged Lianna, who was almost dead and finished off my Jackal.

Since I seem to already be facing teams about 200tp stronger than my strongest possible team, I assume I’ll be facing the usual Diamond Arena sorts of teams in the next day or two.

I’ve been ending up using this attack team consistently:

Defense

I’m at 4-0 so far, for an A Defense Grade at the moment.

It’ll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Ranking

I’m currently in the Top 5%, so there must be plenty of people who won all 5 today.

5 Likes

Day 1:

Offense: 4/1 W/L. Loss was largely due to a bad board. Only reason it wasn’t 3/2 was due to one-woman army holding the line:

Defense: 2/1 W/L, 3 attacks in total at time of reporting. Last hit was a DD Joon with skull pin.

Doing pretty okay so far.

7 Likes

@MD-DC Seshat is taking Captain Kirrahe’s advice to heart. :metal::sunglasses::wink:

2 Likes

MY ALTERNATE ACCOUNT’S VERY 1ST OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RAID TOURNAMENTS!!!

OFFENSE 5W 0L

DEFENSE 1W 1L

OVERALL STANDING

:rofl::rofl::rofl: To me, this is really comical. I mean, un- maxed 3s and a virgin dup Balthazar on defense ( and on Offense, as the only other 2 heroes my alt had are gormek and Nashgar) !!! I thought I’d be out by my 4th attack. In fact, I wasn’t even going to join this one because of that thought. Now, I realize there are others out there just like me with 2s and 3s!!! So glad I joined it and decided to play it!!! It’s still free loot afterall

5 Likes

DAY 1 REGULAR ACCT.
LET’S JUST SAY I GOT JAAACKED UPPP LOL!!!

OFFENSE
3W 2L

DEFENSIVE
2W 2L

OVERALL STANDING

Ran into 2 buzzsaws on attack today! Let’s call a spade a shovel- this is a terrible start and my 75 gems are already in the machine!
FOR THE REST OF YOU GREAT PEOPLE- AS ALWAYS **GOOD LUCK ERRRRYBODY!!! **

2 Likes

Anybody that went 5W 0L day 1in the top 100? I wanted to know if and what the “wall” is in this tournament? Just curious… :thinking:

Day 1 Update!!!
Not the best day for me :frowning: Went well on offence running a 3-2 attack using Morgan Le Fay (+11), Drake (+6), Yunan (+9), Onatel (+11), Lianna (+9). Only changed for A4 where I swapped in Khiona (+5) & 2x 3/70 Seshat for the greens.
Offence

# Result Enemy TP Setup
A1 Win 3969 Elk, Lianna (+7), Tarlak, Eve, Skittles (+8)
A2 Win 4281 Greg (+9), Kage (+8), Magni (+10), Kadi (+9), Thorne (+8)
A3 Win 3974 Lianna (+8), Buddy, Zeline, Eve, Lianna
A4 Win 4237 Eve, Seshat (+12), Guin (+10), Sartana, Kingston
A5 Win 4481 Greg (+12), Kage (+14), Aegir (+12), Hel (+15), Drake (+11)
Defence
War Day Total Wins Losses
— — — —
#1 5 1 4
3 Likes

On defense started strong but finished the day not so much for a 1-3 record.

Offence lost 1 time to Shesat, king, eve and her twin also named eve and alise. No shame.

1 Like

@zephyr1 you’re actually really close to top 1%. You’re less than 300 pts behind me and I’m ranked 5k+.

But I’m only 67 pts behind top score. My defense is 2-2, so unless I get some luck, I’ll fall further behind.

Screenshot_20191111-190912_Empires

4 Likes

Like I already predicted, not having good greens for this tournament, resulted in E grade, which will probably remain unchanged during the five days. I have to win 25 of 25 for 1%. In fact, I’m not sure it’s even enough. The difference between A and E is more than a win :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Just saying but not having Greens won’t change anything necessarily :stuck_out_tongue:

I have great greens but my defence is still getting hammered… All a luck of the draw

1 Like

My defence this round is Jack O’Hare (+6), Guinevere (+3), Boss Wolf (+1), Joon (3-67) and Master Lepus (+3)

Day Win Loss Defense Points
1 4 1 3 - 2 A 2912

Top 10% for now. I don’t expect to stay alive very long :slight_smile:, since that’s the norm in 5* tournaments.

That one loss today kind of stings, because if Hansel had only stayed alive a little longer, the last defender (Melendor) would have been dead the next turn. Sigh… :cry:

3 Likes

This is a tournament that is a Russian roulette. Either you get a decent board or a bullet :wink:
I’ve set up a def that gives no hope for a decent grade:
Joon (+7) - elk (3/70) - kingston (4/25) - caed (max) - sehsat (+7).
As expected - 2 - 7 gave me E :rofl: btw - 9 attacks is somehow a lot to me

Offence - I use my standard raid setup:
Jackal - joon - seshat - rigard - proteus…
Then I realized it’s a bloody battle so rigard was switched to tibi :slight_smile:
Anyway - 5 - 0, so the top 5 % with 3395 points.

Let’s see how subsequent days will roll
Good luck to you all

2 Likes

Sometimes i feel have no idea about this game :slight_smile:

Defense C - finished first day with 4:5
Offense - a Poseidon at 100 health 1:1 vs my Joon charging faster ( as not a single yellow tile for 4 turns ) guilty for my only loss. Will be an interesting tourney - almost won all 5 with quite bad boards, so hope can go to the last flag ( will need a lot of wins if my defense doesn’t improve to be at top 1% at the end )

1 Like

Day 2 offense went better than expected. 4-1 on both accounts. Defense is E ranking on my main, Alt #1 is sitting on it’s throne at A ranking with 2 attacks. My defense on my main I made a stupid decision by putting 2 3 star greens :woman_facepalming: When I should have put Grimm and Chao. Gah, you live and learn eh? My Alt #1 is ahead of my main by about 600 to 800 points. Last I checked.

3 Likes

I don’t recall playing a tournament so slowly and carefully like I do this time :smile: Like I said in a previous post, I have to win all my attacks. At least 24… perhaps. So I take the same team everywhere; most tanks are green anyway. 2 Drake, Joon, Seshat and Dom. Till now my Dom didn’t dodge a single attack, duh. Well, I saved 2 attacks for the chest tonight and so far is 8-0. I regret I didn’t record my last fight… Was bloody indeed and had an unbelievable ongoing. My Seshat against 3 enemy heroes. But with her HP below 100 :rofl: True, had already the minions. I didn’t count how many times those minions protected her from slash attacks. And I ghosted tiles in the right side, hitting the left side. And Seshat is nearly out of life and the left wing Zeline fires! Amazing, she doesn’t die! :rofl: I fire her, but due to atk debuff couldn’t kill Zeline. But she got her minion! Another 2 repelled slash attacks until I fired again. And the battle is over with Seshat remaining with 8 HP… My sweetest victory ever.

4 Likes

Kingston plus Kadilen is amazing in this tournament (and quite good in regular raids too), reducing incoming damage down to minor amounts. Been running Kingston Kadilen Lianna Joon Leo or Kingston Kadilen Sartana Dom Tiburtus (with node 8 and a mana troop) and am 9-1 on attack with a C defense for top 1% so far

1 Like