Deleted 123456789

(Post deleted by author)

21 Likes

Terrible just seen it on net, sad sad day, beautiful building and so much history all! gone.

9 Likes

It’s a sad day for the world. I just saw video of the steeple coming down. I hope they can save at least some of it!

8 Likes

I went to Paris years ago and Notre Damme was an amazing visit.

Today is a very sad day. My best wishes for french people.

I’ll go again next summer.

9 Likes

My heart goes out to all our players there. What a horrible loss of history and community that cannot be replaced. Last I saw, they were trying to save as much of the works of art as was possible. I hope they are successful…

:heart: from the US

14 Likes

So sad! I’ve many happy memories from my staying in Paris.
Hope they can save as much as possible.

7 Likes

I weep for this tremendous loss to civilization. I have had the privilege of being in one of the rare US choirs permitted to sing the main Sunday mass in this beautiful, iconic church, and I am filled with the memories of its magical sound and sights. I am sure that the magnificent pipe organ will be lost, as well as so much else of irreplaceable value.

The BBC has excellent real-time coverage: Notre-Dame cathedral engulfed by fire - BBC News

18 Likes

Thank you so much for your comments toward us , the French players.

7 Likes

Yes, the organ pipes are probably lost, they are made in tin and lead…lead like the arrow that was destroyed. Some stained glass are destroyed too.
But firemen do their very best. Proud of them.

10 Likes

Heartbroken. My thoughts go out to the people of France and everyone else in the world who held the Cathedral dear to their hearts.

-e

7 Likes

Sadly, the news just confirmed your fear :disappointed_relieved: You are fortunate to have experienced the beauty of it… I’m sure it was inspiring to hear.

3 Likes

such sad news! definitely sending positive zaps…

7 Likes

I couldn’t believe it when I heard this. Just sat slack-jawed staring at tv. Such a monumental loss. I hope that enough survived that it can be restored.

5 Likes

Prayers and condolences to our French members and all those who have loved this beautiful, peaceful place.
Blessings, Azure

9 Likes

I’m hearing mixed reports of damage on the cathedral’s primary pipe organ. There were three, so I still hold out hope that this titan survived intact enough to be restored.

5 Likes

It is very sad new… no word can express what I feel… :cry:

2 Likes

I still don’t understand how it could happen.

A church is just a building. As long as there are not people involved it’s ok and can be reconstruct.

But man if it is a shame.

4 Likes

If it’s humor, that is not funny

Notre dame was built between 1163-1345. It isn’t a monument of colonialism period. The French colonialism period ran during xviii-xx century.

3 Likes

There is undoubtedly right a time and a place to share negative and critical views of Notre Dame and its cultural significance. But right now, in this thread, is the wrong time and place.

This thread is about solidarity with our fellow players from France who are suffering through the loss of a piece of iconic cultural heritage. It’s not a referendum on politics or religion.

To anyone not feeling that sense of solidarity, or who for whatever reason feels unable to reach out with some comfort and support: please just ignore this thread, rather than opening a debate.

19 Likes

Much aloha to our fellow players during this tragedy.:heart:

6 Likes