[SOLVED -- V37 Update] Alfrike + Blind (e.g. Wu-Kong or Drake) or Dodge (e.g. C-Kadilen, Ninjas etc...) or Fighter Revive: All remaining cubes fail

Thank you for bring my attention back to this thread - this issue should have been fixed with V 30, please make sure your games are updated. Please let us know if you are experiencing this even after updating the game.

Hi.

I have version 30.0.2 and this still happens.

Please have it checked.

2 Likes

This happened to me today as well. Alfrike in dense fog, Season 2, Province 20, Level 5 - fires only one cube, and it misses. I tried it multiple times.

• If it is just visual, then why is there no damage. Multiple times.

• My game is updated to latest version. Everything else is working fine.

1 Like

This is not possibly solved. Probably should change the topic to Alfrike - Cube Fail, as it is not just with Wu but across multiple instances.

1 Like

Does anybody know how it is intended to work correctly? Just for understanding, if her special is meant to be one action, like she throws 5 cubes in the air that hits random enemies, so in this case I could understand if there is an all or nothing rule.

If it is meant to be 5 different actions, each cube should be handled as a chance to hit.

The exact wording of the special is:

“Casts 5 Dark Cubes to random enemies”

Even if all the cubes miss … she should still at least CAST all 5.

2 Likes

Iam with you, but in this case it could be possible that it is just something visual and has no effect to the game play.

I’m using version 30.0.2 Build 1296 and against a titan with Wu Kong, twice fired against the titan and both times only one cube was shot. Both times a miss and no other cubes at all. Please remove the possibly solved from the topic… I’d say this is far from solved.

When something is supposed to fire 5 times, but fires only once …and there is no damage done - which is the primary purpose of the game aka fire heroes to kill monsters … and this happens across multiple instances … and multiple people report it … I don’t think calling it a ‘visual error which does not affect the game’ is any kind of a solution.

I put in time, money, mats and feeders into this hero. I expect her to work.

X2.

I spent money to pull alfrike, I spent money to upgrade her, I spent weeks upgrading her… alfrike takes around 20 tiles to fully charge, one would think that the enemy would be doomed when she charges, right? Just to get one miserable missed cube. I don’t think it is fair.

Put it this way: It would be like activating Azlar’s fire attack, then only one enemy shows as being burned and on top of that a MISS.

Nope, your wrong.

Just like I said, if the special is supposed to be one action, like the chain reaction specials, then it is the usual way that, if the first cube fails, they are all failing because the whole special fails.

When the special is a chain action - the card says so (see Sir Roostley’s card). When the special is a If-Then action - the card says so (see Finley, Capt Diamonds).

When it says it throws 5 cubes it should throw 5 cubes. Otherwise you could also argue every hero that has a special that says ‘damage to all enemies’ would also stop any damage on the first miss.

So either the special is coded wrong or it is worded wrong, the latter being very attractive to developers as it is an easy fix yet completely out of sync with the general understanding of how the hero works.

Also - referring to the dev response earlier in this thread, they said it was a visual bug. Which means that the hero is supposed to throw 5 cubes, but visually she wasn’t. However, as the very next post points out - if it is just a visual bug, where is the damage?

2 Likes

Seems like there is possibly another issue, we are currently investigating!

6 Likes

Thanks for the information @Petri but maybe you could light up the dark a little bit.

How is Alfrikes special used to work in combination with blinding?

Has every cube a separate chance to miss, is there one chance for whole the special to miss ( so if the first missed, all other misses too) or is it supposed to work as a chain reaction and if one hit missed, the following will miss too?

But there is nothing in the description indicating that. Following the description of Finleys special, it makes sense that his special stops as soon as he misses as target. In this case it doesn’t. Nothing on the card indicates that the casting of a cube is connected to the outcome of the previous cube. If its all or nothing with Alfrike then why not with Li Xiu or any AoE? For them it would even make more sense if it was all or nothing than for Alfrike.

Actually, this bug is not solved in V30 and in my opinion also not just visual.

Just found another situation in costume event, where it happened:
Alfrike in combination with Kadilens dodge is also not working properly

Alfrike fires only three cubes whereof the first was dodged?! :crazy_face:

Please check carefully what is going wrong with Alfrikes special and solve this issue. @KiraSG Maybe the thread title might be changed to [Master] or [Known issue] instead of the misleading [possible solved], @Guvnor ? :thinking:

Master is used when there are a number of threads popping up on the same topic.

Known issue is only done by staff when they replicate and acknowledge it as a bug.

I only update the titles based on release notes.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clarifying. :+1:

1 Like

Im unsure if this has been mentioned but for some reason when Alfrike has accuracy (blind) down and you set her move off, if the move misses then the whole attack stops, for example, you have all 5 cubes going off and lets say 2 hit a target and then the 3rd misses, the 4th and 5th cube is non existent, is that supposed to be like that or no, would have thought it would go as follow 1. Hit 2. Hit 3. Miss 4. Hit 5. Miss, obviously i know its random but all 5 hits should count even if its 1.Miss 2.Miss 3.Miss 4.Hit 5.Miss. anyone else experiencing the same issue or are my eyes deceiving me :laughing:

There was a similar bug which was reported some time back. I though it was taken care of with version 30 update. Guess not. :slight_smile:

[SOLVED -- V37 Update] Alfrike + Blind (e.g. Wu-Kong or Drake) or Dodge (e.g. C-Kadilen, Ninjas etc...) or Fighter Revive: All remaining cubes fail