[Not a Bug] Goblin balloon disappeared -- Didn't get "Mystery Chest Item"

Poor @Guvnor - he’s going to need a vacation today after all this explaining on how it works!

6 Likes

I checked my goblin balloon and it literally states there “collect 4 more Goblin Crates to add an extra item from this mystery crate”. Hence, the wording is clear.

Screenshot_20200831-215533_Empires

By way of example, if I clicked on purchase, I would ONLY receive the x5 cleric emblems from the Goblin Balloon. Because (1) I do not have x4 more Goblin Crates (2) Because of (1) I do not have mystery crate. Thus in my case, I will only receive the x5 cleric emblems.

7 Likes

Btw. No offence Guvnor you are well respected for your presence and work. But still I feel cheated by SG here.

Thanks, I get where you’re coming from… As I said, it took me 2-3 crates in PC before I got the concept…

And it’s only natural to feel cheated when you thought you should be getting {x} but only got {y}… Just a shame that {x} was a misunderstanding :frowning:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/early-information-on-the-goblin-balloon-part-of-the-beta-beat-v31/199994/176

Perhaps any of the link should be made available, pín or unpin for everyone.

What happens if f you are F2P does the balloon just float away when it’s full or do you get the contents for free?

This is absolutely shameful from SG and day by day I grow closer from uninstalling this joke of a game.

On the screen it is clearly saying : get this item now with the freaking secret chest on top of it. It is absolutely misleading.

It’s just plain wrong.

I paid for nothing, I did the exact same thing as op. Just terrible design.

Shame on you.

2 Likes

From explanations so far the only way to get anything free from the crates, is when the balloon slots are filled with crates and they are recycled.
Otherwise the content must be purchased. Further explanation is in link on my post above.

One thing that I would definitely do when not understanding a clearly written game mechanic, is to attack a moderator of the game forum who literally doesn’t even have anything to do with the design or play of the game.

Seems legit.

4 Likes

The good moderator has taken his time to explain how this Goblin stuff works , perhaps forum members should appreciate his great efforts by taking some time to read and ask questions…isnt this the ground rule of the forum?

1 Like

Thanks Oliz, so as a F2P player, I will nothing from the balloon when it’s full.
I wonder if you can shoot it down like the ducks.

:smile:°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº° :grin:. shooting it down like duck means recycling. It will then go away until another Goblin crate appears in wanted mission chests

@Guvnor there are about 3 threads running concurrently on this Goblin topic…

1 Like

I bought the second goblin chest and the balloon disappeared! Completely confused on what is going on!

@SanzHyena; moved your post. Read up on this new thread for your answers.