šŸ“Æ Norns ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I have a theory about this.

Hero like her isnā€™t useless, it provides some depth to the game, adds to strategy planning in approaching various defences.

Problem we face is, the game itself is too much relying on rng in practice rather than thinking and strategy planning. The heroes dominating the scene now with the emblems and all make the game strategies all about stacking colors and getting to fire before enemy fires. One-two rounds of specials and 90% of matches are over. It shouldnā€™t be this way for heroes like Norns to have place in this game. We need significant upgrade to meta and changes to the pace of PVP matches. I still hope it will happen one day. Many heroes will crawl out of their holes that day.

16 Likes

Yeah, Norns is specifically nordic version of Sisters of Fate (Clotho, Lahkesis, Atropos) from Greek Mythology. Which is why I consider her unsettling because she is specifically 3 persons as a single hero.

1 Like

Enemies ā€œWEAKā€ against element they strong.

Does the ā€œWEAKā€ only apply to NORMAL damage or also SPECIAL skills?

2 Likes

I recommend you should wait until you see her in practice.
I played with her in a 3-2 Stack (3 vs Tank + Norns+Onatel) in Beta.
She makes a 3-2 Stack strong against 4 of 5 Heroes from a rainbow defence and makes it easy to get board advantage by taking down the weak side (and yes, you need a good board for that, as with every other line up tough).
Not every new hero needs to come out after beta testing as a super fast, game changing, overpowered allrounder.

Fortunately i got herā€¦ but, as some already said, i will also wait to get the superfast, game changing and very powerful Malosie.

Regards from Germany

7 Likes

Kinda reminds me of The attitude towards vela. Sheā€™s going to be a terror on offence.

1 Like

I bought all of the offers like i always do and, very sad:

Stonecleave
Berden
Balthazar
Ei-Dunn
Oberon
Hawkmoon

Stonecleave is a duplicate and not one I will keep as a dupe so I fed everything away to Evelyn, almost got her to 3/70 finally!

No. I took a quick look at the grid and for a Paladin Iā€™m guessing you went:

• Node 2/3: left
  • Node 5/6: right
  • Node 8/9: left
  • Node 11: right
  • Node 13/14: left
  • Node 16/17: left

If maxing a Druidā€™s survivability weā€™d basically do the same thing:

• Node 2/3: pick up attack either path, HP on left and Def on right, so Iā€™m basically indifferent
  • Node 5/6: desired right path anyway
  • Node 8/9: would have preferred to go right, picking up Atk% and Def (left will give healing - which I think is worthless - and HP, but if Def~HP then youā€™re really only missing out on 1 attack node)
  • Node 11: desired right path anyway
  • Node 13/14: desired left path anyway
  • Node 16/17: same as node 2/3 - you pick up Atk either way, with HP to left and Def to right, so Iā€™m okay with whatā€™s already there

If you took node 18 for Paladin you got Def, which is fine, since the Druid picks up HP.

So essentially Iā€™d only want to flip one node and there are two forks where Iā€™m indifferent. I would NOT spend the resources to reset and optimize that. Youā€™ll still use her for the dispel anyway.

3 Likes

Thanks; great info. You are right about using her for dispel. I use the heck out of dispellers in war. One of the reasons I am very pleased with my decision to max Domitia. But yeah, having a fast cleanser will be great, too.

Thanks to the community for indulging me; back to your regularly scheduled discussion of Norns.

2 Likes

hmmm pulled her with coinsā€¦ she may also be useful for tournaments, where one color is excluded, perhaps. my initial thought was, that she is not too bad, now, with reading all this I need to think more about her before I decide which one to level (4 darts at the moment)

Iā€™m wondering whether part of her point/potential is to wander back to rainbows?

Until she fires itā€™s effectively a normal rainbowā€¦ Then you fire her and suddenly you have 3 neutral attacking colours and 2 strong ones.

Oh and that animation (story mode) has to be one of the coolest in the game!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s an awesome thought. It would help shift things from 3-2, Mono or other non-rainbow configurations.

1 Like

Could she have some niche in a 3-2 yellow-purple raid against Ursena tanks flanked by yellows?

Hit Ursena with yellow tiles, and if she fires then hope to trigger Norms and switch to purple tiles.

Very niche, but Ursena is still the top tank.

Then again, to trigger Norms you first have to fire her into Ursenaā€™s reflect. So forget it. Even there sheā€™s not a good choice.

Hmmm, there has to be a good niche for her somewhere.

Especially in maps or challenges where you might meet multiple colour enemiesā€¦
Instead of picking and choosing what to stack, you go rainbow and take the best of all worlds with her.

The icon being a rainbow shield was what first made me think about this.

You know what, she might be a lot better than weā€™re giving her credit forā€¦ Not gonna spend big going for her, but now Iā€™d probably push to 3.70 at very least.
Hmmmmm

1 Like

should I scream she is OP against my defense and needs nerfed? Or do I figure a way to neutralize her?

Edit: Done! Figured out how to neutralize her :man_shrugging: Lol

1 Like

Yes she could be strong in quests, but who ascends 5* based on their ability to perform on quests?

2 Likes

This is trueā€¦

But itā€™s musings at present.

Initially I was thinking sheā€™s very niche, now Iā€™m thinking she might actually be more useful than I was giving her credit for in mixed attacking and perhaps not the late-game luxury I thought.

For example, sheā€™d be really useful early on in 5* ascensions when you might want to use a 5* team but canā€™t yet stack up coloursā€¦ By turbocharging rainbow capabilities, sheā€™d be useful.
Moreso than stacking 4*? Maybe, maybe notā€¦ I think itā€™d depend on the rest of your team.

3 Likes

You might be right, good point. As a ā€œmy first 5*ā€ option for players without a deep bench she is decent enough. Her damage is not that bad.

1 Like

Indeedā€¦ Considering her attack stat is much higher, sheā€™d hit similar to Drake (5% less, but 50 atk higher).

I think she could remain fun as that bench deepens tooā€¦ Bringing together war teams with multiple colours, as well as those niche yurple defences.

Perhaps niche in endgame, but potentially really useful in mid-end game.

Iā€™m curious now, but she probably wonā€™t find her way to me.

In any case, I am glad SG are not out of ideas and are coming up with interesting new hero abilities, regardless of power levels. I will take that over power-creep upgrades of existing heroes any day.

3 Likes

For now. Mine will set at 70. Not more.