šŸ“Æ Norns ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I found Norns on defense

1 Like

Any new updates on how you are fairing with Norns?

Youā€™re replying to one of my earlier born postsā€¦ just checking - have you read the latest stuff above? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Also interested in her. My only season 3 hero. From what i read she is a no on the defensive side

Norns special is damage only on defence, which generally makes her unattractive.

That being said she has a very good statline and hits three, so sheā€™s done pretty much as well as justice on Def for me.

You wouldnā€™t see benefit from Norns affecting the offense team tiles with her on defense? Essentially making stacking a problem depending on boards of course. That is to say does Norns only affect a heroes defense or does the drop in elemental strength apply to an attack (tile damage of offensive opponent, not def slash attck) as well?

1 Like

She flips the targetted heroes inhetent elemental resistance.

The only place this inherent resistance applies is when being hit by tiles. Slash attacks donā€™t have any elemental strength or weakness. They just are.

So Norns makes no sense on defence as all she does is a mediocre amount of DoA3

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers. Another quick one: one darts away from having 6.
At 3.70 i have norns, sir rostley and leonidas. Who.should i ascend?

1 Like

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks @Guvnor

2 Likes

I compare norns and leo here

Leo is fine, I use him reasonably often and his mana cut is decent. If he was released now, everyone would expect him to be fast, I think.

Justice is tank only, imho, and onatel is a scarier tank.

Compare Leo and Norns and Norns has a decent damage and hp advantage and the same Def. Total damage to the enemy is also higher. Leoā€™s special is the more useful more often, though.

I donā€™t have Roosterly but I think heā€™s well regarded on offense

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read quite a bit of the thread, but never really caught any actual insightful comments from anyone who has them (her) leveled.

1 Like

She fires. My dark attackers become weak against holy. I throw dark tiles at the enemies to charge my attackers, but the dark tiles are now weak against holy. Thatā€™s how I understand it.

Still confused about her special, but her artwork is awesome, so she will be leveled before male chicken.

2 Likes

I have her nearly maxed (4/66). The damage from her special is decent enough, but she shines with the elemental weakness addition. As we know, mana control is always important, so being able to sink 2/5 of the tiles into an enemy at ā€˜maxā€™ damage, the other 3/5 at normal damage, and zero chance of a ā€˜weakā€™ hit - quite enjoyable.

That being said, has it changed lots of games around to the level a Mother North or Telluria has? For me, no. But does it certainly add a new twist to the mix, and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve won an extra game or two I otherwise would not have.

1 Like

Any dark hero is always weak against holy. When Norns hits dark heroes, those dark heroes now become weak against dark as well. So any holy or dark tile or elemental attack used against a dark hero under the special hits with the stronger hit.

1 Like

What?
The confusion continues.
Why do I stack dark against holy?
Rethink my strategy?

1 Like

Lol, yeah, I messed that up all kinds of Sunday! (see what I did there)

Hypothetically, you could stack Norns and 4 darks against 5x darks, and wreck house after Norns goes off.

1 Like

Also, Norns has been useful against the Telluria/Vela combo a fair bit. I stack 4x blues and 1x Norns. Cast Nornsā€™ special on Telly, Telly becomes weak against blue, pound the blue tiles into Telly. Then Vela canā€™t wreck house like she does on reds.

2 Likes

Dan7 was correct, but incomplete. Okay, hereā€™s the context: dark and holy have a mirror relationship. Attackers of one are strong against defenders of the other. And they resist themselves. So for example, Kailaniā€™s tiles are strong against Tiburtus, but weak against Chao. Defenders donā€™t have tiles, so when youā€™re attacking, the defendersā€™ slash attacks have no element. Their special attacks are usually (but not always) element-neutral as well.

The Nornsā€™ special when defending is ONLY PURE ATTACK. It has no other effect on the attacker, because it affects tile interaction and defenders donā€™t have tiles. This is why people in previous posts are saying sheā€™s not much use on defense.

But when ATTACKING, her special affects the defendersā€™ resistance. Now they are temporarily WEAK to the tiles they previously resisted. So they will not resist any tiles, and now they have two weaknesses.
Example: Elkanen will now be weak to both red tiles AND blue tiles.
Example: Sonya will now be weak to both green tiles AND red tiles.
Example: Quintus will now be weak to both yellow tiles AND purple tiles.

7 Likes

Very well put and said!

1 Like

Thanks, youā€™re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like