📯 Norns – Season 3 Hero – 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Releasing: Norns!

:bar_chart: Stats

Norns

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Sorcerer
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Vanaheim
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Twist of Fate
  • Deals 280% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies become weak against the element they are strong against for 5 turns. They stay weak against the element they are normally weak against.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Norns from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2020

October 2020

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Norns?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Norns.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Norns and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Norns worth summoning for?

• Would you use Norns on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Norns?

• What heroes would you take when facing Norns as an opponent?

• Would you give Norns Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Norns’s special?

• What do you think of Norns’s character design?

• If you Summoned Norns and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Norns, and whether/how you plan to make use of her/them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Norns when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Norns, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Norns (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Norns), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Norns.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Norns by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Norns by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Norns

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Norns by the 2073rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Norns

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

9 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: Sorry I stuffed the poll

Sorry everyone I muffed the poll up
 Forgot to edit the “what do you think she’s best used as” question.

Feedback Poll - Norns (post release)

Is Norns worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Norns would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Norns’ Primary Purpose is?

• Damage dealer
  • Offence Geared Support Hero
  • Defensively Geared Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Norns compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Norns’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her/their Base Stats?

Note this means her/their Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Norns worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Norns is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Norns is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

still don’t have 5* yellow
 so Norns worth for me. Joon always avoid me
 hahaha

1 Like

Seems to me like the most useless hero since Margaret.

Against titans : useless, except for yellow tile damage. Who’s gonna go mono yellow against a yellow titan and pray for yellow tiles while her 4 turns effect is on?

DĂ©fense : useless, less damage then Frida for average speed and slash damage isn’t element related

Mono raid : useless 90% of the time. By the time your special is ready you’re out of yellow tiles, and then you got to pray you line up yellow tiles right against that yellow flank. Will happen once every full moon.

3-2 raid : probably her best potential, but still very board luck tied.

She would have to make the ennemies weak against both tiles AND special skills to start to be interesting, or her special effect would have to last 6 turns.

15 Likes

She’s interesting

The niche presumably would be to break defences with dark tanks and two holy flanks - wipe the tank with tiles, fire, now you can unleash on the flanks.
Something like the horrible defence @Ender_BattleSchool had with BW tank and 3-2 layout (which I rerolled many times, no thanks!!)

In practice, she’s probably only useful if only a small number of players have her maxed - if/when there’s a lot of her, that kind of defence would surely become less common.

I certainly have no intention of pulling hard for her.

5 Likes

My second Valhalla 5* in six summons so I am over the moon and willing to find out how to use her :slightly_smiling_face:

And sorcerers are rare so I have plenty of emblems

I’m thinking that a possible use will be event bosses with contrasting colours
 I’ll have to see if there are good examples

21 Likes

265% to three is “okay”.

Drake does 270%
White Rabbit does 280%

Their secondary effects are more universal
 But also more readily available.

2 Likes

Thing is, to unleash against flanks you will need yellow tiles, (since her special doesn’t affect special skill damage) even after charging her average speed special. If you still have yellow tiles on the boards ready after charging her, it means you have such and awesome board you would have won anyhow with just about any yellow hero combo :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Unless you go 3-2 yellow-purple against @Ender_BattleSchool style defense, and hope to charge her before the tank, and then all ennemies become weak against both yellow and purple tiles.

4 Likes

This would also be a tactic against that kind of defence

Maybe Ender’s defence is so nasty the dev’s created a hero to counter him personally? :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Even then. If at least she dispelled like Frida. She really is missing something, damage below average compared to other hero that hit 3 needs something way better as a side effect than this tile damage inversion thats super circumstantial and luck tied.

1 Like

Hey, that is not fair to Maregret. Geez, did I really say that?

Remember that the weak/strong color relationship only applies to normal damage (i.e. tile damage). I have a feeling she is meant for some weird purple/yellow titan team where you want to have a yellow / purple titan take maximum tile damage from both yellow and purple attackers. The weak/strong relationship does not carry over to SS damage.

What team could possibly make that worthwhile? Maybe a Gazelle based team going up against a yellow titan.

Outside of this niche use I can’t think of any practical way to exploit Norns ability. i put her into my rainbow auto-farming healer team to see if the weak/strong relationship could be exploited in auto-farming but I saw no significant improvement.

3 Likes

It’s only 5% less than Drake and we all agree he’s excellent and don’t generally complain that damage is too low

Her attack stat at +0 is getting on for 50 higher, too, so that shrinks things.

Then again, he’s fast and blind is useful everywhere.
And actually deep down I do agree something isn’t quite there
 Or at least, not for me to be desperately trying to pull and then prioritize!

I think season three is primarily to keep endgame players interested in pulling without ruining existing hero’s.

What I mean by this is that we see hero’s coming out that are different and in some cases pretty niche
 And they rule when used to their full potential (which may not be easy to extract) but may not always be overly special otherwise.
For example - Freya is amazing in a minion team (especially if you have PiBs to pop them all out at fast too!), but unless you already have that she’s pretty unspectacular

In other words, hero’s that you’d ascend to fill their niches when you already have a deep and strong bench already
 But not necessarily before earlier hero’s if you don’t yet have the ability to max a luxury/niche hero.

(The same goes for Grimble for example - he’s great at minion eating, but it’s definitely a niche and you wouldn’t ascend him first - and unless the meta changes maybe not even 4th or 5th dark!).

2 Likes

Her (their?) design is imho incredibly creepy. Otherwise I don’t know what to think of her. She might be useful in wars when you don’t have enough colors to stack against opponents, but otherwise it’s easier to do just that.

2 Likes

I was just thinking that
 There’s potential in single colour tank wars, but it’s debatable how much so at average mana - if she was vfast with 100% damage maybe we’d see more interest?

Is she good for anything or jusr keep in roster

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: In Game Translations for Foreign Languages - Please add your suggestions

She should work fine against yurple centers and could be a decent yellow tank. Luckily not that op, so we probably won’t get several rant threads about her. :wink:

4 Likes