Noor – 5* Fire/ Red - July 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

This was the path I’ve walked through the GTV deep woods before…a good path: 70%/80%.
Then…came Noor.
I’ve tested her at 3.70 for so many fights.
I’ve maxed her.
‘Cause I’m fool maybe?!
Well…no, I’m not…or maybe I don’t think so!:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I gave the rings to the Sparrows’ Lady, simply 'cause my win ratio against the GTV obscurancy with her on my team has lifted over 80%!
So…I’ve turned left, and I’ve taken my new path…

Yes, guys…GM+20 out for the “worst HOTM ever”!:wink:
For many reasons I’d like people would test themselves.
But 1 in particular: a good red starting board gives to MY TEAM very good chances to win whatever between GM/Noor I bring (yes sure, GM would be going to speed up the all thing); but with bad, to very bad starting boards, I’ve found Noor and her bulky sparrows a really effective and turning-tide safenet! So, so many times Her&the Birds gave me the chance to recover from a dry board, soaking up all that damage coming from the powerful Tellys Friends, giving me the time to work for a better board!:wink:
Just my experience.
Just my team.
Just my opinion.

12 Likes

Friend your post made me very happy. When I commented that I would not replace noor with gm if I pulled him because he would not suit the style of play and synergy of my team I was told I knew nothing about this game and my opinions should be ignored. I’m very pleased to see someone actually try both out in the same team and decide for their style of play noor may actually get better results than gm. Thanks for sharing!

Ps unless this is an elaborate prank :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I would pull out Mariana instead of GM but you do you. Still, I have Noor at +11 and I love her, she’s just fun to play, not everything has to be about stats or speeds. And now I got Bera, time to spam even more flying minions at enemies (but don’t sparrows eat moths irl?)

3 Likes

No jokes here!:wink:
But simply my gaming experience; I like so much fast/v-fast attacking mood and style indeed! My GM+20 is a lot of fun to play with! What I was talking about in my post, wasn’t something about differences between personal gaming styles or “sensibilities”; but something about the objective effectiveness of Noor in MY TEAM set-up, and the better win ratio I’ve experimented with her.
I’ve tested a greater chance to work bad boards with her on board…and in my experience bad boards are usually more than the good ones!:wink:

4 Likes

I need Marjana for better instant (or so) killing when needed…Gefjon is going to do the job better also! Hoping for some luck pulling her!:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Be careful, the last person to say his win rate increased by 10% upon replacing fast hero with Noor in his anti GTV team get antagonized and branded as anti-buff Noor defender.

3 Likes

A buff is always welcome! For every hero (expecially if it is in my roster also…:joy::joy::joy:)! Noor at average would be awesome, and fair I think (Freya and Bera spawn 20%/20% minions at fast). But I don’t feel the pressure to hold some ideological “part” at all: I’ve expressed and shared my experience only! :wink:

6 Likes

noor really deserves it…

1 Like

I use her with Freya and santa claus and she’s fantastic!! Don’t lose battle

2 Likes

The teammates are all 5* with emblems, good speed healing and cleansing. So it has decent chance of Noor firing before any of the other heroes die. Really important to make Noor an acceptable team member.

2 Likes

You’ve really catched the point, my friend: my Noor had taken GM spot becoming so crucial, in MY PARTICULAR TEAM set-up! Nothing more, nothing less. That’s what I’ve underlined in my post! :wink:

2 Likes

Serious question. Do you have Costumed Boldtusk? If you do, please sub him in for Noor and report the results. If your looking for more team survivability, he is better…especially with full emblems. He’s fast at that point and will fire twice in Noor’s once. With Marjana, you have your firepower…though if she dies you’ll be in trouble and your win chances will drop.

1 Like

At the end of the day, the most accurate portrayal ANYONE can give of ANY hero is their own objective effectiveness of them in their team. And I think what you are saying aligns exactly with those that have spoken positively for Noor in the past. I do think that the team setup where she does well is not quite as niche as everyone thinks, but not really a fight I am fighting any more. I am happy to use her effectively, and will continue to do so until (if) a better red hero knocks on my door, even if she never ends up getting buffed

1 Like

I don’t have his team setup but before running Noor I was using C Boldtusk +20 (at fast) and did not find him as effective. Even though he is fast the non-stackable heal is more limiting, and clearly the self minion and minion killing powers must be doing something but it is just not as trackable.
Note that I would almost never run this particular team against non-Telly tanks unless I think its a straightforward vicotry and I am feeling too lazy to change it around.

1 Like

I really don’t think any (sane) person would ever object to a buff (unless it is a nerf/buff like Vela’s). The difference being some people wouldn’t use a hero they feel NEEDS a buff until (if) that buff ever happens vs those who feel a hero SHOULD or COULD get a buff but are happy to use them until (if) this ever happens

Serious answer: I have c-BT+15.
No, he doesn’t fit very well in my set-up:
1 - I don’t need more healing, 'cause Ariel is going to do the job amazingly (Zim elemental link contributes too) + mana boost for all + cleansing
2 - BT has this nice attack buff, but it’s going to conflict with the one from Zim…and I want Zim in for her fast cleansing also.

So…Noor does a better work for the survivability of my team. :wink:

4 Likes

I have your exact team (literally) with +20 costumed Boldtusk in place of your Noor. I win 90% of my raids against 4600+tp Telly tanked teams. I have a Noor (admittedly at 3/70) and she is terrible in place of Boldtusk. She just doesn’t work because she’s too slow. I’m not sure how this works for you when I have the EXACT same team and can’t make her work at all really. Maybe the extra bulk at 4/80 pushes her over the top? She’s just too slow and passive for me. But hey, if you can get her to work (like Homer and yelnats apparently have) all the power to you. I want her to work because then I’d have another good red to actually ascend, but it’s just not there for me at slow speed. I wish you good luck.

3 Likes

You’ve catched the point: 3.70 instead of 4.80 is gamechanging for a slow hero; expecially for a support hero like Noor.
A maxed Noor has good stats to survive the fully emblemed teams we’re both facing, gaining her chance to fire and at the top of this, the bulkiness and damage they deserve to her sparrows.
At 3.70 you can see how a Hero works and you can test his mechanics, to see if he would fit your playing style and help your Team.
A Hero like Noor needs to be maxed to show her real potential: soaking the big damage from the Telly allies, gaining time for you to recover from bad boards + solving troubles as Seshat replicating skulls, and those annoying minions that Telly gives to the damn Drakes, Ursenas, Joons, Jabbers, GMs and so on.
As I’ve said, I’ve found BT too much rendundant with Zim and Ariel; but if it works for you…ok, fine!:wink:
You got the healing and an ongoing buff attack, sure.
I prefer to gain time for me to work a bad board during the match, in order to charge my heroes and “nullify” the incoming damage from gamending heroes like Ursena, Killhare, and all the snipers and hard hitting splashers.
So we reach the same target walking different paths! :wink:

3 Likes

@Rduke77 give some perspective, my Noor + 17 with level 11 crit troop has 412hp minions, which at a conservative estimate of 14 minions per match equates to a total minion wall of just under 5800hp

At 3.70 she what is her HP? Somewhere around 1150? Basing it on that, and assuming she survives a whole match, and has the same troop, then that is a shield wall of just over 4220hp. Thats a big difference, and an even bigger differentiator is the fact that at this bulkiness the minions survive specials and slash attacks and them being alive means that they continue to kill off opponent minions and whittle away at opponent heroes, which has a compound effect

4 Likes

My Noor is on her way up to 4/80 as I speak but had to switch to TC11 since researching HA10 took all my food and I got save up so she’ll take a little longer.

I never thought she was complete trash and can’t wait to try her out to see how she synergizes with my Red Team.

1 Like