No swearing issues

The alliance I’m in Blazzard Calmers!! can not get the language to change to where swearing doesn’t turn into *** no matter what language I set it to. English, Suomi, etc…

Any ideas?

Wash your mouth out with soap and water?

6 Likes

Maybe the devs have caught on to that work around?

A funny OP whatever is going on :sweat_smile::laughing:

Ps…commiserations :upside_down_face:

1 Like

In English, you can replace a letter with a similar special character, eg replace a with @. I don’t use swear words myself (my mother would be displeased if I did) but I think it works for the few alliance members who do swear.

1 Like

The game doesn’t allow swearing. That’s why there’s a filter. If you want to swear, go play a different game where they do allow it.

2 Likes

Question: What does swearing get you, especially when you are typing it to the in-game chat? If it cannot be avoided, I think swearing is best done verbally. At least you and/or people around you are the ones affected, not people that may be on the other part of the world who may have a good time in their life. That way, you limit negativity to yourself. I really don’t get why there is a need to curse and to cuss. I am shocked that this is an issue. Just my thoughts though.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s an issue particularly, other than in the OP opinion, which they are welcome to. My earlier comment was just to point out that there has always been, or was, a work around this ‘problem’, if you really need to cuss and swear.

If SG has closed the loophole, then all power to them.

Adults together can carry on as they like, imo, but seeing as children play Empires, despite it’s age rating and gambling tendencies, then perhaps players should mind their language? Dunno, it’s a fine line to tread.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t agree to swearing in the game chat. That’s because both my daughter and my grandson play E&P and neither use foul language.

I don’t have a problem with bad language, I can swear with the best of them, but there is a place and a time. And in a game it’s just wrong (in my opinion).

6 Likes

I just tested it in my Alliance and we can still curse. I’m not sure what the issue may be but we use “French” I believe.
I was curious to see why this post was flagged. After I read it along with the other responses it all made sense. Don’t curse Puffpuff…or be too rude…or call people out for the snobby remarks that don’t answer your question.

1 Like

I get as much, or even more satisfaction from seeing **** and *******. I’m fine with swearing in ***** :grin:

1 Like

I wonder why this is a dilemma for some people? My alliance doest have any rules on swearing that I’m aware of, we just like to keep it clean I guess. It’s a more relaxed nicer environment.

Seriously, a pile of swearing makes people sound/seem a bit inarticulate.

5 Likes

The censorator can get a bit overzealous at times though, I mean since when was ‘pu$$ykat’ a terrible profanity?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cookie Settings