No Revenge Raid Because of Shield?

I purchased a 24 hour shield and was revenged raided twice during that period which I thought was okay as, I believed, that was part of the game; however, when I try to revenge raid, I see that I can’t because they have an active shield up.

Players can revenge me when I have shield but I can’t revenge anyone who hits me? That’s crap.

I would have placed my comments in the other shield related bug report but that one has been closed.

I have to bring this up since there are many posts about this bug (?) yet the responses aren’t too clear.

I got raided, but it seems I am unable to revenge because the Raid Shield:

So… Is this a bug? Or intended?
Hope the first option.

Nothing in the description about revenges:

A revenge raid is still a raid.
Working as intended I’d say, though I’ve never run into a raid shield myself.

Didn’t they change shields so that if your over a certain cup number you can be revenged/attacked. I could have swore they did to stop abuse from happening. People getting like top 1000 then hitting a shield for 7 day’s making it lot less likely anyone would revenge attack them.

because few people are ‘dumb enough’ to spend waste on that.

While agreeing about the purchase of a shield being a poor use of gems, there is a ceiling of 2600 or more cups at which you can’t buy them. I’m usually raiding around that range or higher so my targets usually can’t use a raid shield.

1 Like

Prob a bug.

Used a 2 days shield twice, didn’t get raided or revegend during this period

Very logical, but still think this is not well designed.
So this is a game feature that overrides other game feature if gems are payed. Revenges are part of the game, a consequence of raiding and a acquired right for the attacked.
If there is in fact some kind of limit, lets say 2600 cups, what may be the reason? What changes if a player hss 2000, 2400 or 2800 trophies? Absolutely nothing. If I manage to get 2500 cups and buy a shield sure I’m going to stay in Diamond, but if don’t raid no chests can be opened.
In the end, I don’t quite understand the whole point of these shields :man_shrugging:

The point for Small Giant is simple: to make money from the gems people buy to pay for the raid shield.
In terms of actual game mechanics though, to an experienced player, they’re about as useful as a rubber crutch.

@Derf - Did you raid anyone while you had the shield active? If I remember correctly, once you make a raid, your shield expires because you are now actively raiding. While the shield is active, you cannot make raids. It’s one of the consequences you accept when you purchase a shield. Otherwise people would buy a shield and go raiding to gain cups but not have to accept that they can be raid revenged.

I suspect 2600 because that is an easy level to get to the top 100 and even top 10, and they don’t want raid shield to impact the leaderboard. Just a guess…I never really got why people asked for this in the first place…seems silly.