NO Quiting alliance DURING war time

We had 2 new members not set their defense before war, so we were already down by 2. A third never attacked. However, we still reset twice even though we were down and won. Aside from catastrophe, there’s no reason not to participate. Opt out or put in the effort. My 2 cents.

We do need an option for leaders to opt people out of war though. I know this has been brought up in other topics. :wink:

It’s really not good to opt in war and then leave after the prep stage. First of all I don’t understand that behaviour when the opportunity to leave an alliance at a better point is available. That said, I don’t support the idea of preventing someone leaving an alliance even if it is just within a short time frame. If they want to go, just let them go. However, I do think it would be a good idea to provide players with the opportunity to give feedback on the reasons why, prior to terminating alliance membership. And I don’t mean just via CHAT

1 Like

Wife. Found. iTunes. Bills.

2 Likes

Still wish you’d stayed. :wink:

This thread seems like the best merge possibility?

@zephyr1

Alliance War leaving problem!

1 Like

That thread isn’t from #ideas-feature-requests, so despite being a very similar discussion, it’s a little problematic to merge them, unless I also move the other thread. Since it’s from 4 months ago, it felt a little odd to me to move it at this point, which is why I left them separate when this thread was first created.

I did merge into that other thread a few days ago for discussion post, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You were way too good for me with the heroes I have. I was pants in war and against the strong Titans you faced. So I am focusing on levelling as you kindly suggested and waiting to get better :wink:

1 Like

I thought about this as well when it happened to mine… then again, I have seen it happen to the team that we were at war against as well.

The reasoning already given above fits my thoughts: even if they decided to stay, you can’t force them to fight, so either way, you are in the same situation, just with a member still sitting in the room.

And it is not as if they can sabotage you somehow by sticking around if they didn’t want to.

My friend’s spouse found his CC bill.

Immediate deletion of game without notice. :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, I totally understand how frustrating it can be when you can’t ding the Titan and war opponents constantly one-shot you. Heck, when I joined this alliance I couldn’t manage 10pts in war or 3000 Titan points per hit…

But I take exception to the notion that you weren’t good enough for us. We are a training alliance. We don’t care what level you are - we’re more interested in cobbling together a group of good people that all try their best - whatever that best is at the moment - and build together a strong team over the long haul.

Now you’ve gone off and joined another alliance - to grow. But because you’re a good guy you’ll likely grow fond of the folks there and not want to leave.

In my mind we didn’t lose a weak player, we lost a strong person.

That said, wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Let’s keep the discussion focused on the idea proposal please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We had the same thing happen. Left during War and they stayed on our board as ex-members!!! We lost by a landslide!!! Leaders should have the ability to kick in that situation, right?

In my opinion that is pointless… the 6 flags will remain unsed…
So for me in this cases “to be or not to be” is not the problem…
The players attitude is… also keeping one members that doesnt help at war and still receiving loot from war (yes its nothing exciting usually but there’s a small chance of getting something good) or even open a war chest?

I would rather kick a non cooperative member before war ends than “inprision” him :sweat_smile:.

And thats why i am not voting this one!

1 Like

If there defense stays, I guess by the time the decided to leave, it would be pointless. UNLESS that person had nothing better to do and they decided to attack. I’ve played other games that forbid departing during wars. I know it might seem frustrating, but it doesnt really cause the person quiting any problems as there no specific reason to leave at that exact moment. A decision was already made to participate. If it was real life and you had a team mate, like say your goalkeeper decide to walk off the field, you would feel the same. If he stayed, he might block a shot or two. AW already prevents you from opting in or out after matchmaking.

With that said, think members opted in war, shouldnt be kickable until after the war. I know this has happened, and it makes it so a player who wanted to play not receive loot. My additional 2 cents.

If a player quits mid war, allow the alliance leader to use the remaining flags from a clone roster of the player who left. expires/vanishes following the war. Allow this only 1x per war to avoid abuse.

3 Likes

I can attest to @Garanwyn’s statement. Just had one of our higher guy leave without a word. His team is a meat shield of points for the opposition. Love when you spend time answering questions and helping them and they just leave you high and dry like that.
They are like school in the summer

NO CLASS

4 Likes

I’m sorry man. That is super frustrating. I’ve had that happen in a previous alliance and it really really sucks.

1 Like

Yes it is @Garanwyn. They could have just opted out. It’s my Alliance note. Please hit the Titan and if you don’t opt out of AW please use as many flags as you can (new guys with 3 teams or less).

2 Likes

E se invece di bloccare le uscite venissero semplicemente ricalcolati punteggi di guerra con l’ex membro tolto dalla guerra? Alla fine il danno sarebbe più contenuto e comunque la squadra dell’ex membro non darebbe più punti senza poterne fare… Io vorrei in oltre fare una proposta sempre per la guerra ma non so come fare ad aprire una nuova discussione… Qualcuno sa aiutarmi?

Translation by mod, via Google translate:

And if instead of blocking the exits, war scores were simply recalculated with the former member removed from the war? In the end the damage would be more contained and in any case the team of the former member would not give more points without being able to do it … I would also like to make a proposal always for the war but I don’t know how to open a new discussion … Can anyone help me?

Please note that the language of the forum is mostly English. If you post outside of the #foreign-languages section, please translate your post to English

Cookie Settings