No one joining Open alliance (search)

And possibly also the reason why only alliances with 24 member or less show up in the open search. It is as big an issue for “mid-tier” alliances having valid members as it is for smaller younger ones :wink:

@Tsuni, Its about in-activity, not about mid tier or young ones. New players are pooled to alliances with leaders with no activity or alliances with most to all members in-active. I am happy SG will investigate further. Its about giving the best positive scenerio for everyone. With there being so many dead alliances and current situation its worth a look at atleast.

2 Likes

Absolutely @Yorick!
I agree that the system is badly broken, of course being a greedy selfish wench I was thinking of my 3 available slots lying empty and forlorn :wink:
I would have never thought that having active member would actually hinder the process of finding new ones.
Thank you so much for the further clarification .

2 Likes

Amen! My sentiments exactly.

It makes no sense whatsoever that players are directed to dead alliances with 24 or fewer members, while the active alliances with (currently) 27 or 28 members do not even show up in the search.

And yes, I am a completely “selfish wench” too, in that respect :wink:

Any word on this Topic?

Our alliance has been around for 200d now and we never needed to go to Recruiting Chat, cause there were always some random applications and we were fine with this. We now hadn’t any application for 3 weeks and we lost one member and one went inactive since then. We do not have the time do be 24/7 in Recruiting Chat to catch the one person who asks for an alliance per day. This Change, which was not mentioned in any patch note, is slowly but surely killing our alliance.

2 Likes

On a side note, while you are waiting for the official reply from the Devs, have you seen this?

You might put your hat in the ring there and see if you get a response. Couldn’t hurt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Rook. I’m already in there but somehow we Germans are not so active with Line :thinking: I will try the mercenaries from the other group asap.

1 Like

@Rook, that’s not a good solution. Neither is posting on this forum or anything organised. There are 500,000+ occasional players and (I’m guessing) 20,000+ alliances waiting for members.

This needs to be solved in game by showing random alliances.

4 Likes

As Petri said, the Devs are investigating the refresh issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well said indeed!
Recruiting nowadays is like fishing in a bathtub.

In German AR, the people recruiting have started to congratulate the lucky recruiter who managed to “bag” that one person who asked for an alliance and who was kind enough to tell the others that this person is now “off the market”…

About 4 months ago, As a lv 17 I searched for my first alliance, my team was weak but promising. I went to AR and was almost completely ignored, as there were was a wealth of better catches than me (cap Yorick’s Black. Pearl was the exception, they took me in and taught me, and I am still happily there). What a difference from today, when even lv 4 players are pounced upon after just saying hello.
Also, in a lazy day I took a tour of the alliances that showed by default and about 80% of them were dead, with leaders inactive as much as 200 days, having founded that alliance 207 days, and members in decreasing order abndoning the game too. In a couple of places, out of 20 members, there were only 2 actives, as they were not there at the time I could not ask what they were doing there, and just left a message saying they could find active alliances in AR chat. I can imagine totally green players just joining on of those and eventually asking themselves if this was all there is about the game and quitting.
As too recruiting, it is fairly useless nowadays. One can spend days in AR without a single recruit appearing, it is now a showcase for who has the bigger or more colourful ad. And I sense tempers are starting to snap, but that is just my impression

3 Likes

AMEN!

And yes, of course people are getting edgy.
You sit around in AR, wasting your time - which could be spent on a lot of worthwhile pursuits - trying to snag that elusive recruit.

To pass the time, you chat a little with the other recruiters - always the same people usually - and, say, civilly offer a cup of (virtual) morning coffee.

Then in walks one of those nasty, hostile, self-important self-appointed “chat police” jerks and yells “AR is only for recruiting! I have reported all of you!”

No wonder tempers are starting to flare.

Hehehe … well, of course, all people have a reporting button … and gladly return the favor * evil grin *

(And I absolutely flattened the worst offender the other day, on a platform other than AR. To my immense enjoyment. Sitting around in AR is bad enough without having to encounter hostile pompous a*** es)

Note:
in Germany, the chat stops when a recruit appears on the scene.
And actually, for anybody reading, a little chat is not bad. With regard to evaluating the recruiters, and thus the atmosphere in their alliance.

Hey, I was asked for more information on the refresh issue. Could you elaborate on it?

2 Likes

@Revelate
Can you help please?

I see that the subject of recruiting difficulties has been very prevalent on the forum lately. And I - and many others - would be very grateful for a solution.

1 Like

@Petri

Well OK, on a bit of further analysis it does refresh somewhat, but it appears to still be mostly the same list and the same alliances fall on and off the list as I try different things. That held true again in a recent experiment where I was hopping in and out of alliances looking for titans this time on a level 34 account instead of the little test alt. This does still occur even after 20+ minutes of doing this but I’m only documenting a quick few minute experiment to illustrate what I and others are seeing.

Screen shot tour from a few minutes of trying stuff… these were entries at the top of the list, off a level 32 account at 1486 cups if that makes a difference for displaying results (putting that in as when I do the same test with a level 10 account I get a markedly different list where I have a bunch of truly dead alliances… these weren’t dead, just not very active in chat which isn’t a death sentence admittedly).

First Alliance Listing:

First Alliance Profile Page:

First Alliance Join:

Alliance Results After Leaving First Alliance: note Spitfire gone rest of the list pretty much the same

Restarted client, Alliance Join again:

Second Alliance Profile:

I did actually join just missed a screenshot.

Join after Second Alliance left, Spitfire returns, new first alliance:

This will continue for 20+ minutes as I work my way down through the list and the scrolling to past the last checked alliances is a PITA… actually both times I went through looking for additional titans on the two accounts I couldn’t ever figure out how to get a truly new list even after having gone down the entire one: I had to resort to searching for random alliance names to get anything new.

Hope this helps to document the experience I was describing; if you need more please ask.

2 Likes

@Petri Or just press Search (without entering any word) look at the list of alliances, press Search again, look again at the alliances. The list changes a bit between searches, but not much. And it seems many players get to see about the same alliances because if one joins one of those alliances he’ll see (usually) many joins & leaves in the last hours, but other (most?) alliances get no visitors for multiple days.

Months ago I didn’t need to search much for alliances (now I’m sort of a merc), but from what I remember it was more like: Search – you get a list, Search again – you get completely different list.

Edit: I just did a search, and I see Spitfire!, Guto Team and Night Elves of Kalimdor one after the other like in the first screenshot from @Revelate.

2 Likes

Lol, still spittfire on top (join and leave that guild too).

If you can’t (or not want) to do anything about filters, just return how it was before.

As it is, better not having a random research at all cause it’s kinda unfair.

Unfair? I’m confused :slight_smile:

Some alliance get an insane visibility, while others nothing at all.

Since is suppose to be random, i find it kinda unfair in terms of “recruiting” for alliance who struggle having new players.

4 Likes

The alliances that appear in the results might as well add to their description: WE’VE BEEN FEATURED ON THE SEARCH PAGE!

1 Like