No one joining Open alliance (search)

Hmm, the complaints were that only 24/30 and below teams were showing. That part is obviously fixed.

Separate issue would be word recognition, and I previously tested that:

No changes since I last tested; so far as I know, it is working as intended.

Sorry, but Elpis is mixing the topics…

1. random search with no keywords still only shows alliances with 26 or less members
  2. Keyword search still requires exact wording for alliances to be found (like your trial with “mis” and “toy”)
  3. Search by keywords has no order (e.g. alliances listed by relevance of the keyword, listed by amount of members, etc.)

By now the search is still broken :wink:

1 Like
  1. I’ll check. Sorry, missed this.

2. Exact wording is what I would expect, unless one wants a long jumble of unrelated alliances.

3. When I tested “Misfit”, it showed the alliances in score order, from greatest to least. It still does:

Random search returned:

• 50 alliances
  • 24/30 or below
  • mix of open/invite only
  • arranged in score order from 66k down

2nd random

• same
  • 25/30 or below
  • same
  • from 67k down
2 Likes

Wtf, same research different results?
@Rook you have Ios or android?

I have the same results like Elpis with “misfit” / “Misfit”, does it depend on the region or preset language?

Identical results for me to the screenshots posted above by @Elpis for a search on ‘misfit’, using Android and English language.

I have IOS in English. Have not tried different languages/regions. Interesting!

I have android too.
I guess is an android-IOS difference.

Either way, still thoroughly broken.

2 Likes

@Petri: Did anything come of this? You were seeking more info about the refresh issue earlier on in this thread.

Are you able to comment on whether the change in Alliance visibility was deliberately introduced (for some reason) or is more in the nature of a bug? I used to get several visitors a day when I had an open slot. Now I’ve had an open slot for 2 weeks and no-one… and that is with posts in Alliance Recruitment, and these boards and the separate Line chat.

It’s really proving impossible to restore my alliance to full membership and this will become even more important with Alliance wars in the offing. Surely Alliance Wars needs to be accompanied with a decent mechanism for people to be able to find worthwhile alliances that are active with almost full complement of members (which seems all but impossible at the moment)?

4 Likes

I’m interested in feedback on this, too. After posts and in-game recruiting attempts we are now down to 26 in my Alliance. At this rate the new norm for active alliances will be 24-26 members instead of 29-30. This is an unfortunate state for mid-level and up-and-coming alliances… Always being staffed at 80% capacity–ridiculous!

Also, I still haven’t heard what the upside/fix improvement actually was intended to be with the new search. Whatever it was, it was not worth the negative consequences!

6 Likes

I am IOS in English and my search results look like this as well.

Now thats interesting.
Not a IOS-Android issue either.

For some reason my random alliances were mostly turkish, or cietnam and eastern european. About half of them were dead too, with leaders absent for over 100 days! I am brazilian, so it beats me how I ended up having such choices, and when refreshing got the same again.
image|375x500image

1 Like

Thank you guys, we are currently investigating the Alliance search.

5 Likes

Any word on this topic? It is an issue since 4 weeks… :frowning_face:

Just bumping up - my alliance is one that is not showing up.

Also mine. We had the case last week that we were under 24 members and got about 10 requests within minutes. Now we are 25 and no request at all!

4 Likes

And another bump.

Also with regard to AW, it is important that active alliances can be found by players. So that active alliances can get members.

1 Like