No one joining Open alliance (search)

Hey, I was asked for more information on the refresh issue. Could you elaborate on it?

2 Likes

@Revelate
Can you help please?

I see that the subject of recruiting difficulties has been very prevalent on the forum lately. And I - and many others - would be very grateful for a solution.

1 Like

@Petri

Well OK, on a bit of further analysis it does refresh somewhat, but it appears to still be mostly the same list and the same alliances fall on and off the list as I try different things. That held true again in a recent experiment where I was hopping in and out of alliances looking for titans this time on a level 34 account instead of the little test alt. This does still occur even after 20+ minutes of doing this but Iā€™m only documenting a quick few minute experiment to illustrate what I and others are seeing.

Screen shot tour from a few minutes of trying stuffā€¦ these were entries at the top of the list, off a level 32 account at 1486 cups if that makes a difference for displaying results (putting that in as when I do the same test with a level 10 account I get a markedly different list where I have a bunch of truly dead alliancesā€¦ these werenā€™t dead, just not very active in chat which isnā€™t a death sentence admittedly).

First Alliance Listing:

First Alliance Profile Page:

First Alliance Join:

Alliance Results After Leaving First Alliance: note Spitfire gone rest of the list pretty much the same

Restarted client, Alliance Join again:

Second Alliance Profile:

I did actually join just missed a screenshot.

Join after Second Alliance left, Spitfire returns, new first alliance:

This will continue for 20+ minutes as I work my way down through the list and the scrolling to past the last checked alliances is a PITAā€¦ actually both times I went through looking for additional titans on the two accounts I couldnā€™t ever figure out how to get a truly new list even after having gone down the entire one: I had to resort to searching for random alliance names to get anything new.

Hope this helps to document the experience I was describing; if you need more please ask.

2 Likes

@Petri Or just press Search (without entering any word) look at the list of alliances, press Search again, look again at the alliances. The list changes a bit between searches, but not much. And it seems many players get to see about the same alliances because if one joins one of those alliances heā€™ll see (usually) many joins & leaves in the last hours, but other (most?) alliances get no visitors for multiple days.

Months ago I didnā€™t need to search much for alliances (now Iā€™m sort of a merc), but from what I remember it was more like: Search ā€“ you get a list, Search again ā€“ you get completely different list.

Edit: I just did a search, and I see Spitfire!, Guto Team and Night Elves of Kalimdor one after the other like in the first screenshot from @Revelate.

2 Likes

Lol, still spittfire on top (join and leave that guild too).

If you canā€™t (or not want) to do anything about filters, just return how it was before.

As it is, better not having a random research at all cause itā€™s kinda unfair.

Unfair? Iā€™m confused :slight_smile:

Some alliance get an insane visibility, while others nothing at all.

Since is suppose to be random, i find it kinda unfair in terms of ā€œrecruitingā€ for alliance who struggle having new players.

4 Likes

The alliances that appear in the results might as well add to their description: WEā€™VE BEEN FEATURED ON THE SEARCH PAGE!

1 Like

2 Likes
  1. 26 members but only 9 remain active.

2. Leaders dormant for extreme amounts of time. This sample Leader was 85 days absent.

I also have albums like Rev if needed for more data sampling. While we canā€™t see the entire spectrum it gives a glimpse into the underlying issue of the root cause of complaints.

We are here to assist in any way.

3 Likes

I just cant understand what was wrong with the system that was a month ago and why it cannot be brought back.

7 Likes

Agree. Now we have to drop below 25 members to be visible on a random alliance search :frowning: Please bring back the old system.

2 Likes

I tested it this morning:

• [Search] returned 50 alliances of varying levels
  • Highest Alliance population listed is now 25/30
  • Hitting search 3 times returned somewhat different results.

Also, testing how what you type changes the results, using my own alliance (Misfit Toys):

• Typing ā€œMā€ appears to return alliances with separated M anywhere in their name.
  • Typing ā€œMisfitā€ or ā€œToysā€ shows the Alliance. No need to type the entire name, butā€¦
  • Must type whole words: ā€œMisā€ or ā€œToyā€ doesnā€™t return desired alliance.
2 Likes

Also tested several times. I saw some variation in the alliances when refreshing search results, but not a lot. Same one kept appearing at the top. This indicates to me that only a few alliances would be getting listed in the results.

All under 25 members. I saw 1 exception in a number of searches - it had 26 members.

Something definitely broken here. I used to get several visitors a day when I had an open slot up to a some weeks agoā€¦ and now donā€™t get a thing in several days. Alliance recruitment channel in-game is an absolute joke - any advert is lost to the irrelevant spam in a matter of seconds. It achieves nothing.

What was wrong with the original system? Was working well enough from what I could tell, and certainly better than the current system.

3 Likes

I donā€™t post very often, but I see this as a huge issue, too. Iā€™m left wonderingā€¦ What exactly was the problem that SG was attempting to fix by making it so healthy alliances with 3 openings canā€™t get any looks via search?

Iā€™ve done some checking on this forum and havenā€™t found a ā€œproblemā€ that previously existed and that has been corrected by this new search model. Soā€¦ what justifies the negative consequences that the new search model has brought, I wonder? Iā€™m puzzledā€“the consequences are real and the benefits areā€¦ ?

For my Alliance we are in the 90k power range and weā€™ve grown by taking ā€œrandom searchersā€ into the group, coaching them, and watching them grow. We are active and work hard to maintain an active roster. Now we are struggling to maintain even a 28 person roster because no one finds us.

The impacts are real. The impacts on my alliance membersā€™ gameplay is huge. And the impact on any healthy, but not-top-50-alliance, is simply devastating.

Please fix this.

7 Likes

Well said @Aliogy
Iā€™m also feeling the effects. I prefer to grow people who ā€˜drop inā€™ and itā€™s a pleasure to see them mature in the game. Now itā€™s just not happening, and formal recruitment is a real PAIN, and not justified by the more casual nature of our alliance.

4 Likes

Weā€™ve been stuck at 29 for well over a week, used to fill in a day or two. We hold onto somewhat dead weight who hit occasionally because itā€™s better than an open slot.

2 Likes

Yup - also holding on to a couple who arenā€™t doing their bit because I canā€™t fill the open spot. Someone hitting every 2nd or 3rd Titan is still better than an empty slot hitting no Titans at all.

Really am finding this rather annoying - used to be absolutely no problem.
:unamused:

2 Likes

My alliance has still the same problem. Cannot understand why LG does not return to old system :cry:

2 Likes

Now from yesterday itā€™s even worse.

Capture%20_2018-02-23-09-56-55

Random is still under 24 members, and key word research is totally without logic.