No matches on starting board, automatically reshuffled

I think it happened to me twice in 9 months playing.

You can clearly see the initial configuration of the board, and a split second after all the tiles are located, the board is reshuffled. It can lead to no matches at all so you start like any regular battle, or it can lead to matches so the battles starts with you sending troops to attack without having touched the board, and then you have your regular turn. It’s insane.

If I were to program the initial board, I would first load the tiles in complete random alone with no heroes. If there are no matches but there are legal moves, fine. If there is no matches and no legal moves, reshuffle. If there are matches, or the reshuffled board gives matches, I would let the cascade go. If bombs and/or gems are generated I would let the AI play in order to clean them all. I would allow this process to continue until I get a no matches but legal moves board.

ONLY AFTER that, I would load the heroes on both sides so they get no damage and no mana from the previous process and present the resulting board to the player to start the battle.

I know this could be time consuming but it would ensure no matches but legal moves boards all the time.

Today for the first time in a raid my starting board had absolutely zero possible matches and it reset itself and a 4 combo cascade occurred. Just about wiped out the tank. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I couldn’t believe it because SG has stated the boards are random but will never start with a match…

Your board didn’t start with a match. It started with no moves, so it reshuffled. That’s how it works

5 Likes

This

(No matches on starting board, automatically reshuffled - #15 by Gryphonknight)

2 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

This has happened to me at least twice since I started playing, coincidentally most recently in the last couple of days.

1 Like

I had this happen this morning. Eve was the tank. The board reshuffled and got a red match right up the middle.

1 Like

Just an interesting thing. I’ve been playing this for almost 2 1/2 years and I have never had a board come up at the open that immediately reshuffled. I thought they programed it specifically so that didn’t happen. Has anybody else had that happen? It was a lower level of the Halloween event, if it matters.

2 Likes

It has happened to me twice before… It’s rare but does happen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Huh. Interesting. Maybe it has happened when I was just mindlessly farming or something and didn’t notice.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it a couple times too, though unfortunately I don’t think it’s ever been when I happened to be recording.

1 Like

Happened to me more than 20 times so far. Last time was at the last event. Good score on that mission. But the nicest one happened at war. Combo 8, all my specials were charged, the enemies very hurt (and one dead) and everything ended in 12 seconds. If I had that one recorded, it would have been the proof for the quickest win ever in this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems like no one cares about this anymore, which is really sad!
The highst combo on my account showes “22”… game was fun back in the days, can’t really remeber the cool sound which appears from a big combo…
nowadays you can be happy if you get a 7-9 combo every 20th board… this is so frustrating!
This game becomes “Gardenscapes 2.0”… only difference are the expensive Heroes in E&P.

i keep having nice combos, mostly when I´m in a challenge, I cleared the wave and tiles keeps flying to nothing.

Yeah my best combos always follow the first move clearing the wave. All it does is charge my mana, not necessarily a bad thing.

On topic, I’ve had a starting board shuffle twice so far. Second time was a cascade that took out the tank and severely weakened the flanks. Pretty short battle after that.