'No item use' event

I was thinking of adding an event that is exactly the same as the regular events we have but than you are not allowed to use any items at all.
So no items at all to be used during any stages.
Should of course be twobseperate events and I am not sure if they should be run simultaneously.
For the continue for 75 gems I have not made up my mind if that should stay or not. If it stays in, it should have a very very big points penalty.

The advantage is that you will need to show you can plan the team and make use of it. Sure there will be bad boards that make you wanna cry but that’s where the retry is for.
This way we can see better who has the most lucky boards or can work the boards best instead of persons with the most items.

TBH is probably my favorite idea on this forum, simple but awesome,

It still will be more P2P but you don’t have to use hundreds of items and didn’t get what you want

IMO it would be good if both versions of events will run at the same time but at the start you have to choose which one you want participate, also No Items could have little less awards to keep P2P in main event

2 Likes

Perfect additions there!
Thnx for thinking a long

i see the intent

but i believe the results would still be the same

as you still need good boards to make most use of the items

those who replay the most and have the best sense of a good board vs meh board would still come out on top i believe and ranks would remain exactly how they are especially since battle items are easier to come by than world energy flasks and p2p would still be able to buy as much world energy as they wanted

just my take on it

4 Likes

It would be a real challange that way! Reading ideas like that make me think that sg doesnt want to put a real challange but instead they prefer to make profit with items.

Another addition could be war roster rule. I mean like tavern of legends

1 Like

@Rigs it’s not solely to make a bit more fun competition for c20p and & f2p players but also about having more of a challenge.
I know whales can buy WE flasks as they like and can try to find the best board to score big. But without the use of any items, bosses will not be nuked for all levels and you need to show some more skill to complete the levels (and some luck but that’s the same everywhere).

@Lexxtarc yeah I fear this will never see the light of day as the money made by sg will be less then the current form.

1 Like

if it’s not to level out the competition and change the ranks

then cant the non rank chasers already choose not to use battle items?

ninja tower is probly as close as you’ll get to this idea i believe

2 Likes

Yes off course they can. But there is no way to see how you are performing against people that are not using any items at all.
So no competition element just grab the tokens, make your summons and be done with it. Takes out the fun of an event imo

depends i guess.

i really feel like we’re just putting lipstick on a pig with this change

sure looks different but still a pig

as you can see in comparisons in the posts in that thread between @ThePirateKing @DoctorStrange and @Screech

it takes more than just battle items for a decent score in the current challenge event setups

some other examples:

2 Likes