No free token pull during Ninja Tower event for F2P players

I guess it is all relative. Relative to all other PVE challenges, this is the most enjoyable. I absolutely hate the grind of finishing the season levels, particularly going back again and doing it on hard. I would say I hate PVE in general and only get enjoyment out of raids, tournies, wars (“PVP”). So this is a step up, and has some enjoyment/challenge, and so far doesn’t quite feel like a chore. But certainly not as enjoyable as PVP. For now, the challenge and the emblems are keeping me going. That, and I am in lockdown, and have no life outside of family chores!

3 Likes

If we’re able to clear all 50 floors of the Tower, which I have serious doubts about, we’ll get at least 5 more coins, so the next time this pops up, we will be able to do two pulls, so it averages out to a pull every event (or every month). With a 1% chance at a 5-star, this means the best an FTP can expect is one Ninja 5-star Hero every 100 months - roughly 1 every 8 years.

That’s motivating :wink:

4 Likes

If im not wrong there isnt a completition reward. It depends on your ranking. And without carpet bombing its difficult to reach the first place to claim the 100 emblems

Probably people who take the time to do the lvls end with less then 50 emblems plus the emblems for each lvl 1 to 3 i think per lvl. That could be the only positive thing.

Although , if i have to make a comparision , the challange events are by far more rewarding. Last event was very generous with emblems.

1 Like

It’s even slightly worse than that. It will take 69 pulls to have >50% chance to get a 5* ninja hero, so 138 months…plus the two months you have to wait for the first pull means 11 years 8 months as the expected time for FTP to pull a 5* ninja.

Edit: The above was assuming 100 coins earned per event for ftp, but that is not realistic. If you finish to earn the 98 coins, you will likely place higher than 100k but how high will depend on luck/item usage/skill/roster depth etc. If you don’t finish the event you may earn much less. It’s probably better to say you need 6,900 coins as ftp for >50% chance of a 5* ninja, however long that would take each individual player.

1 Like

Edit: blurred out incorrect information. This event apparently was updated to provide 102 coins for finishing it, not 98.

I agree with this. This isn’t a mistake or oversight. Think about it. Every ninja you will see in the next two months was pulled by someone who either spent gems (bought or saved) or directly bought tower coins for. A better than even chance to pull a 5* ninja will cost over $180 US if gems are bought from the shop at the most economical rate.

And the even more cynical side of me expects for a “we hear you” moment where the event reward structure is revamped, with this revamp having been planned (to happen if not necessarily the details) before this initial release.

2 Likes

The 100+ I am referring to is based on the drop rates in each level. They seem to be scaling up somewhat, from 1-2 and now 2-3. I have projected an average of 2 per level overall, but likely will be higher than that by the end.

So 100 emblems + whatever tier reward you get at the end

1 Like

It´s quite complicated, i´m not against that big spenders may get some exclusive heroes, but the odds of getting ninjas are insulting.

I´m ok with an event that becomes a real challenge, but the rewards are not according with the effort needed (I´m sure they will nerf the difficulty of this, at least the first 20 levels should be doable by players with less than 3k teams without sweating blood.

But we can´t forget that this event doesn´t use WE, it´s just like raid tournaments. So i´ts an extra, we choose how to deal with it. and it won´t hinder other task, unless we are short of time.

1 Like

diabolical

5 Likes

This event is such a bust and pissed off so many players.
I stopped playing after floor 14 (and I am not going to use flags anymore) because:

• my 3700+ teams are already shredded by mobs and bosses barely finishing the level - and the event isn’t even completed in 1/3
  • I refuse to waste my precious items for no real prize - in challenge events I get more emblems, mats, tokens and world flasks
  • no real chance for a free summon in next 4-6 months

After finishing 14 levels I am still in top 500k. It means that 500k-700k people are more angry than me and don’t care about this event.

Dear SGG Staff ‘Borat the Great’ would summarize Ninja Tower in two words - great success.
https://youtu.be/J88-RdWnNT0

5 Likes

how is the hate going?
here you go, get this +0.0005% in legends of ToL pulls, oh wait, we will give you half the pulls monthly and put this ominious tower on your way.
one more aspect punishing ftpers and rewarding p2wers.
honestly i didn’t even read the rest of the thread, thats how pissed i am. did the 10 first levels on tuesday, im not doing more prolly. no curses, 10 emblems, 10 coins and a fullbucket of hate, those are my monthly rewards for october.
unHAPPY gaming!!

1 Like

Did the first 10 levels. Didn’t bother doing any more. I already Autoplay most of the challenge events as improving my roster for Raids and Wars is the primary reason why I continue playing this game. The tile matching has long ago ceased to be interesting.

The rewards for this tower just aren’t appealing to me, relative to the time investment.

4 Likes

This event uses Ninja energy. It provides 2500+ exp per level with some emblems. Don’t stare blindly on the coins. It costs you nothing from the regular gaming. Leave it if you don’t like it.

3 Likes

The coins awarded/coins needed for a pull do indeed seem a bit off for this event - in contrast to all the others, where you usually win enough key/coins/tokens/goblin boogers for at least one pull after finishing it - but in the end, you’re just gonna get another Carver. So :man_shrugging:

Having said that, I’m halfway through the Tower and none of my heroes have been cursed out yet (careful - baby dragons are reading!), so I find it mildly amusing.

Well, to be fair it costs all of us who can finish the tavern 2 pulls in there. the rest of your post seems right to me

agree - Ninja Tower is a near total fail of a potentially good concept.

2 Likes

4iqdpf

4iqdy8

4iqeau

11 Likes

i got 102 ninja coins for completing all stages…

5 Likes

Where did you get to?

Finnished all 50 stages…

1 Like

You’re in the top rankings seen now congratulations