No duplicate heroes in a team

Simple idea and keeps OP constrained a bit. Don’t allow one hero to appear in the same team, offense or defense, and costume with no costume counts since it is the same hero.

It also makes sense from a role playing perspective as there is only one Odin, so it makes no sense to allow 2 in one team

I like it but,
You would think since skills don’t stack, that a double-up would weaken a defense or offense,
By reducing the effects. And encouraging a stack.

It’s never been a fortuitous move before.
on second thought… that did work for GM, before Kingston.
Maybe we should just fix the hero that’s spreading like COVID instead?

Or release a very fast hero that changes all green tiles to red.

Sorry, but I don’t think this proposal makes sense. You’re thinking of the occasional top player with two Odins or Alfrikes, but this will hurt more those with limited rosters that depend on their two Caedmons or Sonyas, which is basically the majority of players in this game.

3 Likes

I never found doubling up to be worse than the hero alone. Doubling up allows less diversity and complementary effects in the opposing team. They will also compete for emblems.

No duplicates also punishes those f2p that can’t get RNG to give them non-dupe heroes. I for one have two maxed Lianna and would not be happy not being able to use them both together in my mono green stack (which is my weakest colour even with two of her).

I could be wrong but…

I think @Drewrobi is looking for a solution to this:

Frigg needs a big nerf

Which… is only the beginning of something curious, indeed…

As the previous punishment we both mentioned. Seems to no longer apply, for the defender that is

1 Like

She kinda already did something about this. Before talent grids were available there were alot more defence teams with duplicate heroes. I remember back in the day fighting 5 vivicas it was tough lol but it was still a fun battle tho. Also you would have alot of unhappy players if this were to happen. If I used 12 darts on Odin for example but then did not have the option to use both of them whenever I felt like it, I’d be a little disappointed to say the least

Cookie Settings