NO duplicate game/chat names!

In lol, they made so you lose your name if vent none aktive for and x time. So they can use når over again.

1 Like

Ah cool, speaking of which I need to go play some haha.

Well if someone named Arien would want to join, I think we would ask them to rename. Would be too confusing in chat otherwise.

1 Like

I agree that name + alliance name is usually unique. Especially if alliance names were protected. I would personally like it if alliance name was displayed like that.

Atm you need to click on a user to see their alliance. Maybe a solution would be to show the alliance name in chat?

1 Like

There isn’t room in the UI to display alliance name. Not nice if every message box gets even larger. It is already pretty limited how much chat log can fit on the screen. I think it is better like this. You can click the name to see the alliance.

Some put their alliance in the name, Like we have [7dD]Natty

Maybe that’s a good solution. Give alliances a choice to make an abbreviation that is shown in chat.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Help with my account

I think that every alliance shod come with a guild bank that way it would be shared between members of the team

Please stay on topic. You can search for, or make a new topic on that. :slight_smile:

Hmmm

Still think it needs a fix

3 Likes

You once again show the ability to find long forgotten threads Rigs.
And yes I agree that it would be a good idea to make player names and alliance names unique.

1 Like

Lol i just read :man_shrugging:

^^ @Rigs see Arien’s original response (and SG’s comment) on the issue here:

You ever read The Noob webcomic?

2 Likes

Hi Rook I’m messaging you because you’ve known me a long time. I have recently seen a level 68 with my name exactly the same. Why is this being allowed. This is LAZORDUST. As you know I have had this name from beginning

I don’t think @Rook is active here lately (greatly missed too).

Duplicate names have been a “feature” of the game since day one. Not sure why it would really matter, if duplicates weren’t allowed there’d be lots of Eddard####.

The level 68 with the duplicate name is probably thinking the same thing about you as you are about them.

1 Like

We don’t allow alliance names the same so we shouldn’t allow others to steal a name that’s been loyal to the game from the beginning. What happens if they get a bad rep that’s not fair on the higher player whos worked dang hard to build a good one

Actually, “we” have no control over that. The developers don’t allow it. They also do allow duplicate player names and have in the past (in this very thread) stated they have no plans to change that.

Is it a major problem to meet someone in the street with the same name as you? Do they need to change their name because you had it longer? I once worked at a company with 22 people in the office. Three others had the same name as me. We managed fine.

1 Like

If the issue is that some people are changing their names to impersonate other people…wouldn’t an easy solution be to make a member’s alliance history visible on their profile?

So if a member departs temporarily (say for merc’ing) and someone joins with the same name and icon to cause trouble, the alliance members could see:

Player 1 (original):
Alliance A - 1 day
Alliance B - 1 day
Alliance A - 365 days

Player 2 (impersonator):
Alliance A - 1 day
Alliance B - 10 days
Alliance C - 20 days

etc.

This would also help with:

• Seeing if previously booted members are returning to the alliance (possibly under a different name)
  • Seeing if a player is loyal player or likely to be a merc (different alliances may tolerate different levels of loyalty depending on their needs)

I’m looking forward to the battle royal of Quinn’s…