Ninja Tower strategies

Yeah for me, I never play for points in any event. My goal is to simply complete the levels and I’ll land where I will.

Completely agree.

You use your farmable stuff to obtain unfarmable stuff - otherwise you are basically just hoarding stuff that won’t help you progress. 500 emblems is a crazy amount of progression for your teams.

1 Like

What is the benefit to using flasks to complete early? I just keep them in case I couldn’t finish a level but otherwise why not just use the 10 free a day and complete it.

If there’s some strategy or reason I can’t fathom I’d like to learn it.

2 Likes

There is no benefit if you flask through the tower on the first day, use all your energy every day or use flasks on the last day.
Some just want to get finished, others maybe don’t have time on the weekend and must use flasks to finish early and others just want to be among the first.

There is only one way using flasks to improve your score, fleeing if it takes to long finishing the lvl and start again and getting a better score. But don’t forget if you flee and there is an oni stone on the board or one of your heroes is already cursed, the curse will stay.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for others but ninja tower is pretty time intensive, so rather than spending 30+ minutes each day, I’d rather just carve out a chunk of time and get the bulk of it done in one sitting.

2 Likes

I don’t have any mana manipulator beside Proteus which isn’t much useful on higher level. I use Skittleskull Costume. He reduce boss attack a lot and he use sorcerer emblen. (There is no much useful sorcerer.) Ninjas are very good at bypass defense but aren’t very good at cure. So, reduce attack is much better than increase defense against ninja boss.

1 Like

So, I have decided to finish NT for the first time - on previous occasions I had better things to do with my iron so didn’t use battle items. And my roster got better. With careful play and few tornados managed to get to lvl 30 without a curse on any of my stronger heros (caught few on 3* bit didn’t care that much anyway).

Things are getting serious now, so what’s best to do? Mono? So far I played my usual 3-2… Or it’s better to have important special skills? My best score without battle items was lvl 43, so I don’t know exactly how it looks like very close to the finish line. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are the blessings that you chose?
I usually use timestops, dragon attacks, tornados and mana potions for the last stages and bring 2 healers. The rest are hit 3 or hit all since I take the mana regen blessings so slow and average heroes like Khagan and Thorne charges quickly.
Team wise it’s rainbow or 2-1-1-1 depending on which heroes are left uncursed. It’s definitely skills instead of tile damage against the bosses.

So what you mean is when you’re given the option of mana bonus and minion bonus, you should always choose the mana bonus?

Mana generation and minions if those were available, took something else when those were not there.
So, you don’t see colour stacking that effective? I have few must have heros like Gullin and Heimdall as healers, couple of mana controlers, so I guess I could have a handful of all around teams for the last 20 stages. My plan is to use tornados, time stops, mana potions and will see what else.

PS. Last time c.Horghall was really great, I plan to use him in later stages. -54% on their attack is massive.

1 Like

Is the Ninja tower possible to complete without any 5*? Has anyone attempted that at all?

I use mostly four star teams and even certain three stars and I’ve finished every time. I do use 1 or 2 five stars on my teams. Also I do have most of those four star and three stars emblemed and definitely use items. I think if you have synergistic teams, some depth and emblems on your four star roster, and a good stock of items it is possible.

5 Likes

I don’t even have that many nuggets to make so many tornadoes. I will save my tornadoes for the end 10 floors if I can make it that far. So far I struggled with the 15-20 floors, but i think that was more a case of because of which heroes I was using. I was trying to stick with 3/70 5* or 4* without emblems, but I had forgotten how powerful the bosses are. I think I have 2 or 3 cursed heroes, and a couple with 1/2 on them so far (Ratatoskr 3/70 is one who got 2/2 curses). So far it’s no one of importance that has been cursed.Touch wood it stays that way lol

Honestly i’d love to complete all floors for a 3rd time but honestly this time I am not too bothered. If I can get up to 100 conins again, I will be fine, even though I am sure it will give me yet another Ishtaak lol

I used weak(er) heroes I didn’t care about losing for the very first tower, but that turned out to be less effective than just blasting through the lower levels with my best teams. Part of the issue was the longer the battle dragged on, the higher the chance of someone getting cursed (out).

So starting from the second tower I just went all in right from the first floor. It’s more or less fine because up to about floor 20 or 25 I think the Oni curses come in rather slow (as in not every other damn move), and you get a bit more leeway for clearing it. Plus if you use your A team starting on the ground floor, the battles rarely last more than 30-40 seconds and you minimize the chance of curses showing up at all.

2 Likes

I like Bertila in this one. Not only faster mana recharge helps her greatly, buy if you took summon bonus she’ll greatly profit from that too. And she hits hard.

Otherwise I started this time with 5* except for healers (with exception of MT who won’t be efficient on higher floors). Only Frigg got cursed once so far (floor 27), but because I have ton of iron by virtue of having built anything even remotely useful (from boredom I am building Hunter’s to lv 10 now) I am loaded with tornadoes and using them.

1 Like

I accidentally took 5 :star:s for level 17 — result: Finley is already cursed out (two curses one after the other, with no way to remove them). So I’m planning on keeping with the 3 :star: for 1-10, weak 4 :star: + strong 3 :star: for 11-20, strong 4 :star: for 21-30, 5 :star: starting at 31…

1 Like

Probably best mana control hero for the last levels is onatel.
Hit 3 steals 75% mana the first round and 100% the second. Those ninjas never reach charge 3. She is also the only hero I use items to save her from a curse, just because she makes finishing so easy.

1 Like

I used the same team for 45+ floors: cKiril, Mist, Frida, Cobalt, Lepus. The idea is to stack as many debuffs as possible - SS debuff (Mist), elemental debuff (Frida), and regular defense debuff (cKiril). When everybody hits (Cobalt on 3rd charge), 50% of the boss’s HP is instantly gone. Only thing missing is an attack buffer.

The last 10 floors, the ones that featured Jade and/or green mobs I switched to this 4-1 team: Boldtusk, Mist, Gormek, cMarjana, Gravemaker. So now I have a complete set of debuffs (SS, regular, elemental) AND I have an attack buffer on top. Does slightly less direct damage with special skills compared to the 4-1 blue team since the reds don’t hit quite as hard, but man oh man do the tiles do absolutely stupid amounts of damage.

These two teams can inflict so much damage, that after firing the first salvo, and then loading everyone up with two tornadoes for round two, everybody is down to 20% or less HP (or just outright dead). Didn’t even bother with mana controllers this time and just went right for the kill shot and seems to have worked out nicely.

Well, I reached lvl 44 now, and I must say that with a propper choice of blessings, health boosters and tornados as a backup, it isn’t that hard as it was without using battle items. Unfortunately, I lost Gullinbursti. The reason: mixed up time freeze and hurricane - didn’t have a tornado atm, but mixed it up. Of course, it was exactly in that battle that one impossible curse followed another. :expressionless: However, still have c.Kashrek and Heimdall, so hopefully, it will be enough. And bunch of regular healers. Also, my Tarlak at 3-70 was super useful against blue bosses on 40+ floors. That guy is definitely getting tonics soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, funny how the last level was actually the easiest one, when you don have to worry about curses anymore. Heimdall, c.Kashrek, c.Horghall and Wu took me through last stage. Malosi was there just for tile dmg against Onyx.