NINJA TOWER: Musings from a Veteran Player

I don’t consider myself a whale but I do have a solid lineup from time playing. Going on 3 years in December.

Not all events can be beaten the first time as one is growing. This one is easily the most challenging event to date, so it’s not surprising some (many?) could not beat it.

I think it’s fair for all to have different opinions. It’s what makes us all human.

And a side note, please be respectful of others. Thank you.

5 Likes

FYI, I am F2P and I completed the last level with Noor + four 4*.

5 Likes

The Ninja Tower is a colossal rip-off … stop as lately they are offering us all the time !!!
Have Nerfato Heroes Too Powerful? But let’s not say nonsense they are now forcing us to have All Ninja heroes and to have them you have to spend … and then ??? They write “do not do moderate overspending” but who want to take x the c … ?? I have been playing for 30 months and it is a continuous increase in possibilities for those who “pay” here: let’s not say stupid “YOU WIN ONLY IF YOU PAY” !!! stop the rest are honeyed speeches without conviction !!!
Buon pomeriggio a tutti…

1 Like

What? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

As more events and tasks are added, it’s important to remember that nobody is forcing you to complete or participate in all the events.

I’ve been struggling with the grind of it all recently, and after the first two days of Ninja Tower I thought “I don’t want to put the time in to complete this.” I didn’t think that the event should be disbanded. Not everything in the game is designed for me.

My criticism would be that 10 levels a day is too many. With flasks giving you five flags, IMO it would make sense to make the event twice as long with only five flags per day. But other people thought it was fine, so I’m just throwing it out there for consideration, not throwing my toys out of the pram.

I suspect that there are a number of variables that go into a reaction to a new feature. Given how many people feel that the game has become more focussed on P2P players, and a general dissatisfaction with this direction, I wonder if other things are colouring reaction as new things are introduced.

7 Likes

2 year player here. (C2P… I spend about $10 a month.) I finished JUST in the top 25k. If they don’t change the event, I won’t play through it again… it was just not worth the time, energy, nor the 125+ minor mana potions I blew getting through it. (I used a lot of tornadoes, too, but I have the mats to make those forever atm.)

The emblems were nice… but I can get enough from emblem quests over time without the frustration and boredom that came from fighting the same damn ninjas over and over and over.

I DID like the mechanic of needing to tap the bench, but I think the Tavern handles that better. I don’t like that the top players used their top heroes from the start and were able to avoid curses due to luck. There were some situations where it was impossible to avoid a curse. I lost probably 10 heroes. I almost didn’t complete the last floor, because every hero I brought had one curse left, and I had to play it twice. (I had to use one flask to complete the tower, but that was all. I had to repeat 3 stages in all.)

Maybe if the stages took closer to 2 minutes to complete? I think I averaged 6-7 minutes per stage, which is probably why my score wasn’t great. But it was because I was trying to make sure I didn’t lose my guys too early.

I would like these changes:

• Reward items as you progress that can Uncurse a hero.
  • Provide set rewards for tower level completion, with a bonus for rank. Finishing the whole tower but only getting rank 24,856 (or something) was really frustrating, especially after I stopped the night before with 10 floors left and was at rank 8,000. I thought I could maybe hit the top 5k… but lol. No. The reward for top 25k was not very great.
  • Reduce the number of waves in each stage so they don’t take so damn long to complete.
7 Likes

I think the idea of the curseD tiles is a good one. Maybe their frequency should be rethought, though.

I do think we should have an estimated required team strength on the levels, so we know where to start, as the consequences are severe if you take the chance of cursing a good hero early on AND the energy provided is really limited, compared to the number of levels, so you can’t really afford to fail levels if you hope to get to the top.

The rewards per level were bad, from what I saw, and the final reward a joke.

The featured heroes are ugly, I.m not talking about their specials, just about their looks. Bad sketches, no depth, no personality, nothing. i hope SG got them cheap.

The very concept of ninjas has little to do in a Universe that is basically fantasy, anyway.

I don’t mind that I couldn’t finish it. It’s perfectly ok that only the more advanced players can get to the top. But I got to level 20 for nothing, just completing level 1 would have granted me the same. This time I played as far as my roster would take me, because it was free WE-wise. Next time? I’ll do level 1 and leave it at that, I believe. No fun there, and no gain.

I don’t mind either that one particular event is not to my liking, and better suits other players. But I’m really sad they deprived us of the ToL for that… now we’ll have ToL only every other month… ToL is the most fun in this game, as far as I‘m concerned…

I’m just sad.

Edit: I’m F2P and level 40. Just for perspective.

6 Likes

Try and give it a shot next time around, you’ll see it’s not so bad, just understand that curses are your game there…

I used a totla of 16 heroes the entire tower… Do I have more? Yes… Did I need more? Nope…

I never said anyone was “Wrong” specially since Love/Hate, Like/Dislike are pretty personal, I said “I LOVED IT” and pointed out the reasoning behind my toughts. I said that not being able to complete something in a game is normal and that the sense of progression comes from being able to get farther each time. You are free to dislike anything, it doesn’t means that thing is bad.
I also started by saying I was a veteran player, not like I’m hiding my level, my tem or my roster.

I’ve said multiple times, THERE IS ALWAYS a curse on the board from floors 30 and up, there is no rushing to avoid them, it’s understanding that playing them IS THE GAME that makes it work.

THIS!

Someone please give this guys a medal! And a hot Cocoa! He deserves them…

Thanks a lot man, that’s precisely my point(s), I gave my opinion, lots of people gave theirs, some people are just outright ofensive, nothing I can do except feel sorry for them.

Hells Yeah! Congratulations Man!

Myself included, I tought 10 levels a day was a nice pace. I spaced it out through 4 different intervals and didnt think it too short nor too long. I understand some people have harsher time constraints and will consider 50 levels too much (There was a 100 floor version tested in beta, glad it didn’t make the cut).

I Always think ToL is way too little you know… You complete the ten levels the first day, then what? Nothing to play while the quest just sits there. It seems to me more like a summoning portal with some stages than an event that has a summon (I few the same way about masquerade).

One sugestion I have to ToL is for it to have 5 extra levels added each day (to a total of 25 throuht the whole event), and have something around 20 heroes you already used on previous days randomly remade available each subsequent day.

People would still need to use more than 50 heroes to complete but doing it this way it totals to 65 heroes (not 125 was would be if there were no “daily re-enabling”. Each day could amount to a total of 200 coins so you get a total of 8 summons (instead of 2) if you play all 25 stages.

Seems like a way to make it more interesting, but that’s just me…

3 Likes

I’m on the opposite side of the opinion most small fish I know played day one and after maybe lever 15 they were done with it I found it too time consuming for me.
Not that thats a killer but reward wise incoykd get mostly more value from farming in less time amd thats the route I chose to go except one afternoon when I had too much extra time !
I think some tweaks to the reward structure would give the tower alot more lovers and make it an event people look forward too not shrug about

1 Like

My point was that even the “small fish” were able to participate up to some point. If you make the effort you’ll be able to advance further next time it comes around, and so on, and so forth…

I never said tweaks couldn’t be made, there is always room for improvements. I’ve seem some pretty God suggestions both on this topic and on Facebook.

Most people i chatted with in game wouldn’t give
the tower high marks at this time !
Including myself so like I said I don’t care for it personally and I don’t think the majority did but any evidence I could produce would be subjective at best .
I did maybe 20 levels of the tower and just didn’t care for it
In contrast I have already finished the Halloween event on one account and before today’s out it will be finished on a second acount ( those last 2 levels will be heavy items lol )
So I just prefer the long seasonal events to about any part of the game !
The tower just isn’t my cup of tea !
I think it has massive potential just not there yet.

1 Like

That’s pretty personal…
I’ve finished easy, am midway through normal, didn’t start hard yet.
Mainly because I refuse to waste world energy flasks on it, I’ll only use spare energies and I know I’ll be done long before the two weeks we have to complete it and, again, it’ll be sitting in my questmap doing nothing and serving no purpose (similar to what I spoke about the Tavern, that it should bring additional daily content). I’ll complete it like I do to every event, just don’t see a need to rush it.

BTW, maybe one of the things that made you dislike the tower is the fact that you have multiple accounts, I can see that the required concentration and time might be too much to do on more than one account (Managing more than one account is something that, by itself, would require more time than I can afford, so…).

Naw I legit didn’t like the tower but its really a time vs reward issue most people I chatted with feel its best used as emblem farming !
If the tower had a good completion reward i wouldn’t feel like it was time wasting and the limited energy is an issue too
As far as Halloween goes I have WAAAY to many world energy flasks ( think triple digits ) on my main account so I finish the events quickly with my main then take my time with my alt

1 Like

I finished the seasonal event, but that is juts because I had spare WE and I could auto-farm the majority of it apart from about 1/3 of the hard levels. Incredibly boring to do otherwise, and a stark contrast to the tower where I did actually enjoy myself whilst playing it. I think if you look at reward vs energy, then the tower is more rewarding as the seasonal event rewards are paltry for the amount of WE that you have to put in. If you look at reward vs effort/time, then that is a different topic and is debatable.

2 Likes

Agree with you, Ninja tower was a fun challenge and more “difficult” than Morlovia. That said, the short time for Ninja Tower made it exhausting. I’ve got a full time job lol and the must use daily flags was tiresome. Great event, too rushed.

3 Likes

I just flat didn’t like the ninja tower!
In my experience most didn’t enjoy the ninja tower!
Debating it isn’t really an option I just didn’t like it!
My experience is most players in the 2 allinces im in didn’t particularly like it either ( small sample size ) .
I’m delighted you enjoyed it! for me and my few close player friends its pretty much a meh if im bored and out of world energy ill play it till my we recharges!
Maybe adding avatars ever 8 or 9 levels would be a small addition as i know i chase avatars!

1 Like

Wow, I always use ALL of my flasks during Atlantis Rises… It’s 50-60 flasks per AR… I always get to zero at the end of the rises and accumulate throughout the month for the next rises…

I really liked the tower “rewards”, but I think that’s 'cause I really value Emblems…

I’m not trying to say you should like it… I only said I did… Like or dislike is pretty personal, I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, I’m just contributing with my 2 cents…

I still think having multiple accounts contributed to your disliking it…

I’ve seen the suggestion for “completion rewards” every ten floors or so pop up a lot of times between here, Facebook and the pt/BR community… O think it could be a fine addition…

Atlantis i proitize the pro thst needs a refill the most so the alt uses up more world energy than the main as the main is set for a while .
The main gets most of the $$ so the alt has to work harder !
But yeah time consumption could have been a turn off too !

I do a little different in Atlantis. I set a team in 9-10 and start farming it beginning when I wake up, until the time I go to bed, repeat through the days. Just Replay-Autoplay, keep the mobile doing it while I go to work, while I eat, while I go to the gym…

I love having that much extra food and Iron.
Farming th backpacks allows me keep 2 TC2 running non stop, the iron/recruits allow for HA4/6 also non-stop, besides that it’s just heroes for fodder, iron for itens and XP…

I know I’m not the majority, majority of people just use the WE they have and be done with it, I, on the other hand, eagerly wait for AR so I can do my monthly farm…

Don’t see how I could manage that with more than one account… Don’t even wanna think about it… Roflmao