šŸÆ Ninja Hero Thoughts & Discussion Thread

The designs are derivative combining Mortal Kombatā€™s Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Jade with Teenage Mutant Turtles villian Shredder and Marvelā€™s Elektra to give us E&Pā€™s Ninjas.

3 Likes

Yeah, I gotta say the more that I face them and play with them, the more Iā€™m likeā€¦why are they even a thing?

While theyā€™re good when charged, are they game changing? I say no.

Are the battles more fun and interesting? I say no.

Did these heroes suck the fun out of the game?
Partially yes. Part of the fun in setting up a defense is team building and sequential discharge theory.

These Ninjaā€™s, not so much. Put them on defense anywhere and pray they either get charged, get charged and go off, or even though charged go off at the optimal level and appropriate time. Very autonomous and random.

Iā€™d argue if theyā€™ve contributed anything of value defensively speaking.

Neat idea but for defensive use, it should be revisited. Perhaps, create a 2 function card. What we see is for offense currently and another stat strictly for defense purposes without the 3 stage mechanic.

1 Like

I got shaleā€¦ think he is worth keeping? If 3rd tier is super super slow to activate, wouldnā€™t think he much of a healer. Self heal or proximity healing seems to be avoided alot when building teamsā€¦

Would it help to tank with Mica instead of Telly? Once the spirit link is up the enemies will have a much harder task killing your team. Not sure but worth a couple of days of experimenting.

My belief is that IF Mica fires he tilts the field more strongly in his teamā€™s favor than Telly does (mana boost, spirit link and defense up). Partly because people have sussed out how to deal with Telly AND her nerf really hurt her effectiveness.

1 Like

Of all the ninja heroes. Cobalt is the one I would like most. I am weak in blue still and could do with the extra help (especially his high attack stat to improve my titan hits.) I already have slow Isarnia in my blue stack and the combo of them going off together if can survive long enough should be a real leveler for me with that team allowing my Fenrir to then mop up any scraps.

Wouldnt put him anywhere near my defence team, but from a purely offensive standpoint hed make a great addition.

I did get Sapphire, as things stand she is next blue after Triton ( before I am left with only agwe leftā€¦)

Well, in my personal experience. It doesnā€™t take more than a single day to determine how poor the results are with a particular setup when compared to a typical long withstanding cup retention. When thereā€™s such a massive dip from an ongoing 2620 cups with a previous defense to 150 cup drop with a new defense, that speaks volumes.

Ran this through the night, this time with 3x ninjas and once again, almost dropped into the high 2400 cup range.

Havenā€™t Tanked mica and at this talent level, I wonā€™t. To me, thereā€™s a greater chance of him never going off as a tank, because of the random mechanic, and thatā€™s not including him being destroyed.

1 Like

I saw a video from Anchor yesterday with Cobalt on defense. His mono red team, that was max/near max health got wiped by a x3 Charge Cobalt. 3 deaths outright, the other two so low they were finished off by normal hits.

Iā€™ve updated the status effects table to include Jadeā€™s dodge.

You can stack this dodge with other dodge status effects, at least thatā€™s what I think was possible in Beta. Not sure if I am misremembering here

3 Likes

May It be because people is more likely to not reroll your team due to wanting to test against the new ninjas? As there are generally more losses as defense than wins, hence the increased cup drop? Just guessing

Possibly, but Iā€™m not sure if rerolling is quite as prevalent in diamond league unless people are hunting for specific individuals.

Iā€™m looking at the end results. If the defense is strong enough, the team should (in theory) be able to retain cups right at the edge of the systems efforts to bring players at a specific margin of cups. I didnā€™t expect Tell results. In fact, Tell results pale in comparison to tanking Freya flanked by Heimdall and Fong.

Iā€™ll keep playing with configs but still expect the same results.

I personally think Ninjas were intended as offense only. If they are OK at defense thatā€™s fine but not their primary use.

SG has come unstuck trying to add variation into the defensive META making OP offense heroes a much safer bet. Desireable without killing the gameā€¦

1 Like

I can agree with that.

I will say, raiding with rainbow got fun again.

1 Like

Agreed!

I wanted Garnet but scored Amentine, Cobalt and Onyx. Gave up pulling after I got the 3rd because that felt unreasonably lucky for 15 pulls and have been reevaluating my line ups and levelling priorities since Ninjas.

I would instantly attack that composition for obvious reasons zzz.

Thatā€™s just the thing, what composition? Placement doesnā€™t really matter when the mechanics donā€™t fire in any kind of sequence. I could put onyx on a flank, but does it really matter when the mechanics may fire him as if he were on the wing?

At the end of the day, I suppose as long as I stay in Diamond. Doesnā€™t really matter that they donā€™t stay at a higher cup level. I do like waking up to resources in my tower.

1 Like

I wonder why every ninja hero doesnā€™t have his thread on the forum? For example, as new heroes, they already have Halloween events and we didnā€™t even play against them.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why i said composition, not placement. With 3 ninjas and the AI you can be sure it will act inappropriately during a defense.

My new favourite 4*

Cheap power (and KGB like dispell then hit $$$) when measured up against my favourite 5*

Here they are in action with Rigard C attack boost and panther defense down on enemies.

5 Likes

Sapphire on defense

Onyx on defense

Jade on defense

More videos of how ninja heroes perform on defense available on my youtube channel

2 Likes

@Mr.Spock Iā€™m eager to know your opinions on these heroes and specifically on onyx and cobalt.
Canā€™t wait to see your reviews on your channel

1 Like