šŸÆ Ninja Hero Thoughts & Discussion Thread

1 Like

Maybe malosi can block the bypass?

I finally pulled a ninja 5s I wantedā€¦ against a cost. Ninjaā€™s are not easy to pull!

Ps: pulled Garnet. And this babe is On Par !

Right now it seems like thereā€™s a bug where Rangerā€™s talent can bypass the reflect buff if the hero has other defensive buffs.

But staff have said thatā€™s not supposed to happen.

So it seems like staff think that Cobalt shouldnā€™t be able to bypass Mitsukoā€™s reflect ever, and same with the ranger talent and ninja troop chance. Reflect buffs are suppossed to be immune to being bypassed according to this thread: [Solved - V33 Update] Reflect buffs can only be bypassed by Ranger Talent, Ninja troops, etc. IF there's another defensive buff casted on top of it

Will be interesting to see what comes out of that thread and what the game devs feel is the right behavior.

2 Likes

Itā€™s bugged (see post #57 where I proved as much)

Consider too that the last charge level of all ninjas is actually slower than v. slow. This will be true even for rush attack, since their speed actually becomes worse in those tournaments and wars thanks to all their charge levels taking an additional 1.5 tiles to reach.

As devastating as that x3 charge is, I agree that you really shouldnā€™t see it trigger often considering how long it takes to get there for them.

4 Likes

I hope to see that. I donā€™t know probably have changed cause thereā€™s a bit of update during the Ninja.
Hope I can find a Cobalt in my Raid to really check if thereā€™s a change or still the same.

But before in the first 2 days. I am dumbstruck to see Cobalt deal 700+ damage to all my enemies with Mitsuko Buff on. Itā€™s like Mitsuko didnā€™t contribute anything dealing with Cobalt.

Oh look a better telluriašŸ˜‚

Got Ametrine x 2 and Saphire. Ametrine looks interesting, solid stats, dispell than hit us super cool. I think she should pair very nice with c.Rigard, even at 2nd charge. Sapphire, maybe better in 4* world, bur Ametrine I can see in diamond raids easily.

1 Like

He does for sure on 3rd tier, I tried and died.
If cobalt fires on 1st or 2nd tier you have chances to reflect

I kinda feel like Jade actually needs a buff. She is sooo passive and you need a triple-charge for her to cover the entire team. I think her dodge should apply to all allies on each tier at a minimum. Sheā€™s honestly worse than Margaret in her current form.

3 Likes

Very happy to pull Cobalt. And I just resolved to give my scopes to RaffašŸ™„ (to build my second blue team)

Not interested in Ninja defense.

It seems to me these Ninjas are designed for the second mana tier but how nice is it to have the choice! Depending on the situation (start/end of battle, ghostingā€¦)

I shall test!

Shale and Sapphire, any feedback on them? Worth ascending?

Sapphire, yes! Shale, not really IMO.

1 Like

They donā€™t need to fire vslow to kill, even the 10 tiles will still hit for 800-900/person and kill 3 people and this is still imbalance.

Take an example of what supposed to be the rarest heroes, once a year, bunny event. Killhare does a lot of damage but sheā€™s balanced back by reducing defense from ALL teammates except her. On the other hand, Onyx and Cobalt has NO drawbacks. Not to mention Cobalt bypass like crazy and Onyx will stop you from having buffs. They are pullable 6times in a year. Youā€™ll soon create another tellu/vela problems with OP imbalance hero. Not to mention, family bonus adds to their dodge and even attack you back 90% of damage dealt when thereā€™re 3 of them in a team.

They are imbalance. The dev could use the damage calculation to precalculate how they will look like with max attack path and max Mana troops. Itā€™s not hard to precalculate how much theyā€™ll hurt on 800 defense. This is just a proof that they donā€™t care about balance.

3 Likes

Settle down. Everyone wants to freak out with every new hero as if the game is over, when thereā€™s little to no info around.

SG indicated Cobalt should not bypass Mits. However he can in certain situations with other buffs and itā€™s a bug. Relax.

3 Likes

Letā€™s cross that bridge when we come to it. All this outcry and outrage at every turn is what is killing the game.

Itā€™s been a couple days.

3 Likes

Sure, let it be even worse than telluria and vela once again and see if the outcry is bigger then. Then youā€™ll know what kills a game

It canā€™t be bigger than Telluria and Vela, so letā€™s establish that fact right away. They were HOTM and you were more than 6 times as likely to get them from ANY portal at all. Already itā€™s incomparable. Any attempt to compare them ends there.

I just used a 3.70 Cobalt at max (x3) charge against heroes WITH -24% defense. He did 500 damage. Thatā€™s 14 tiles to charge AND defense down. I donā€™t see a reason to freak out.

3 Likes

Itā€™s only 3/70 and heā€™s on offense.

Remember that on defense have +20% damage increment +max emblems+ level 30 (or even level 23 already gives +24% more attack) mana troop which is quite common. A hero should be balanced when itā€™s designed on the highest possible scenario, not on the lowest. Again, please stop talking about 15tiles. 10 or 9 tiles is easily achieved and he still hits as hard at those charge, though just to 3 people.

You can calculate the damage using damage calculation link posted by solemnWolf since you doubt it that heā€™s imbalance (or if the videos doesnā€™t showcase enough evidence):

People already have telluria, in the combination, they just need cobalt/onyx to make GTC combo. They surely wonā€™t be less rare than bunnies that happens once a year.

Mind you, Iā€™m calling for a balance, not totally breaking the heroes unusable.

1 Like