Next Green: Bertila, Horghall, Kadilen, dup C.Lianna, dup C.Yunan

Friends,

Please help me determine my next green legendary to ascend.

Current roster:

I use Mother North, Alby, Lianna, and Kingston often. Yunan comes out for rush war. Elkanen rarely gets used. I don’t use currently use any of the heroes in question for ascension. I’m not going to test them at 3/70 to figure out which one I like best either.
The Epics with emblems get used (war, titans, tournaments). Those without are depth for tavern, towers, mythic titans.
Yunan, Vivica, Glenda, and Rafaelle are my only Legendary cleansers and Rigard is my only Epic cleanser.

I’m f2p and have 15 tonics. Chances of getting something better anytime soon are slim and even if I do get something better I’ll still have plenty of tonics to use for the next hero (and i’ll have enough by the time I get the hero after that).

I don’t expect to add emblems to any of the potential choices.

Play style: I don’t use mono in war, I generally do some sort of 3-1-1, 2-2-1, or 2-1-1-1.

Competition: My alliance is generally ranked ~1000. Of my past 214 war hits against teams at 100% health, I’ve faced 86 different tanks with Freya being the most common with 15 appearances. Alfrike (11) and Telluria (10) are the only other ones to have 10+ appearences.

How I see each hero being used if I ascend:

Bertila: rush war for partial clenase of attack and defense status ailments, with a decent damage to all, and a minion for her (but unlikely to use more greens). I consider her one of the three best choices.

Horghall: probably last choice. Only differentiator would be adding attack down in rush.

Kadilen: probably second to last choice. I don’t really use elkanen and see similar use cases for her.

Duplicate costume Lianna: I’m not sure how often I’d actually use her, but being able to charge in 7 tiles, I could always pair her with Almur/Kingston/Lianna for a 7 tile kill. Based on my war tracking, 5% of alliances we face in war have a blue tank. She’d get used there, but that’s a small situation.

Duplicate costume Yunan: If I weren’t asking, he’d be my pick. I have so few cleansers that I can see him getting use in rush wars. His damage isn’t great though and I generally only use level 11+ mana troops so the 33% mana buff I have not found to be helpful (in rush).

• Bertila (3/70)
  • Horghall (1/1)
  • Kadilen (3/70)
  • Duplicate costume Lianna (3/70)
  • Duplicate costume Yunan (1/1)

0 voters

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’d max Bertilla, specially if you have some spare Fighter emblems. Just like you’ve said:

Or then, Kadilen. I disagree when you say she’s alike Elkanen. I find Elkanen an absolute garbage in all game situations, unlike Horghall who can be less garbage in rush wars/tournaments.
I use that girl a lot. Gave her emblems on attack route so she can hit decently. Paired with Almur she can be a good support, specially with the special skill protection. With someone to give her some attack up she can even clean up minions.

I’d still max Bert over her now, but she’s good too!!! Is she the only hit all fast from S1? :thinking: I think so. That is a lot useful nowadays.

I’ve maxed a Dupe C. Lianna myself but I never use her.

My order would be Bert > Kadi > Yunan 2nd > C. Lianna 2nd > Horghall

3 Likes

Bertila for VF format wars/tourneys. I always underestimate this one and she has wrecked me.

1 Like

Do you have another 2021 HoTM to pair with Bertila? Then her elemental link minions will be given to everyone + the critical boost too

I’m thinking of putting her and Yang Mai in my D for the next 5* tournament which is a Rush, no Holy

1 Like

I don’t have Yunan or costume Lianna but do have Bertilla maxed, the others at 3/70.

I use her everyday and she is a great finisher due to the hit all, even better in rush war and I often make her the tank where she is paired with Alexandrine and Uraeus so full benefit from the family bonus.

I will limit break her when I get the 5th aether.

2 Likes

I use Bertilla more then C . yunan. Sometimes I switch telly and C yunan but Bertilla is always there in my green mono. Along with toxy Bertilla is able to cast her special easily.

1 Like

Wow Bertila is looking like the clear favorite.

There are some similar older threads that point to C.Yunan > Bertila. Perhaps time has shown C.Yunan to not be too great.

I have Uraeus and Hanitra. I could see using Uraeus and Bertila together and this was a consideration I should have mentioned.

To be clear, since you have cYunan and he’s almost certainly a better rush defender I don’t see a world in which Bertie is the right pick. Outside of defense her damage is pretty mediocre for a slow hero, her 5% minion is better than nothing but far from a game changer, and in a world where Frigg is giving you defense down Bertie is unlikely to charge at the right time to flip it (or you had a great green board and flipping the def down is just icing on the cake). It’s also worth noting that you having cMel already lets you remove the defense down on your own without Bertie.

2 Likes

You’re right but did you noticed that he has a Costume Yunan maxed already?

2 Likes

None of these heroes will make it on defense, including current costume yunan.

Yup. Main reason Bertie is the wrong choice. The better question is why you recommend her if you saw he had cYunan and agree with me.

I love my Bertilla, she’s +20 and I use her outside of rush format too. Horghall isn’t worth it without costume (for me anyways), but I maxed mine when I got his costume and use him often now. Kadilen no costume was ok some years ago, but currently I don’t find her appealing anymore without her costume. 2nd C Lianna wouldn’t be bad, I have 2 maxed myself with costume, though the second one doesn’t get used too much. 2nd C Yunan I’m not really sure. I bet he’s great on vfast format, but do you really want to max 2nd one right now?

My vote goes for Bertilla.

Circling back: I was ready to accept the advice and level Bertila. Then I pulled Tetukh and decided I’d rather have his silence. Then I pulled wren today and am now prioritizing because I have more rogue emblems to spare.

But I appreciate the thoughts. Didn’t realize how overwhelmingly different my opinion was from everyone who chimed kn.

1 Like

Wren is stronger than 95% of S1 legendaries and probably more useful than a bunch of hotm specially the newer ones so fair enough lol.

1 Like

I don’t actually think I personally would ascend any of the 5s you are considering. Tettukh I think is definitely worth it.

Wren on the other hand…people overrate Wren big time. Attack down, not defense down for buffs. Only 240 percent damage up front. It is entirely unfair to compare Wren to Finley.

I did so initially and even had Wren at +20. I have since pulled all emblems from Wren and regret leveling Wren more than all heroes in the past, except Fura.

A+ to Tettukh. I would hold tonics for a better Green in the future if you can convince yourself otherwise.

If you want to use the hero in wars and have no emblems, the costumed lianna would be the best choice:
Not only is lianna much stronger with full costume bonus, a lvl 11 mana troop is sufficient to fire her after 7 tiles, very helpful in stacks.

Bertila shines only in VF wars, and there you have Yunan. In tower events and all other war formats lianna would be more helpful.

Happy gaming

1 Like

people underestimate bertila same as they undererstimate sir roostley.

her perk is being a firefitghter and that she cant be blinded.

1 Like

Coming full circle on this post:
I followed the advice and levled up Bertila. I kinda regret it.
I’ve only used her in rush war, and even then I do so rarely.

I use my first C.Yunan a lot more. As much as flip can be helpful, a full cleanse provides a lot more value. Luckily C.Yunan got buffed in the mean time which increased his value. I also find him quite helpful in towers due to the mana boost. I think I’d use second C.Yunan more than Bertila.

Dup C.Lianna was another choice. I have plenty of ranger emblems that perhaps having a second solid sniper could be helpful from time to time.

But also, not ascending at all could be a choice. With Soul Exchange, I’ve become a lot more hesitant to level depth heroes with no immediate use.

1 Like

I use her less and less too, roster improved so it is what it is.