Next dark hero ! Need some advise

Hello there. Facing a problem with my dark team and wants some advice on it.

I currently have maxxed Sartana (11 emblems), Rigard (20 emblems) + 3 other maxxed, Tibertus and Sabina. But this is not enough in wars and titans. I’m level 55 with a defense team around 4300.
Running mono dark (or at least 4 dark + healer) is not efficient right now : I can align Rigard / Tib / Sartana / Sabina / another hero.

I have enough mats to max another 5* dark hero, but I dunno which one to choose between :

• another Sartana (don’t have costume) : useful in wars, limited for titans
  • Quintus (I have costume) : must have for titans (insane tile damages), but limited in wars
  • Marie Therese : average hero, more useful in defense team
  • Tibertus (don’t have costume) : a second seems to be limited

Should I wait for something better ? Or is there a hero than needs my attention ?

I already have a good tank (Telluria), and a Richard maxxed without emblem. I also have Drake Fong for potential Marie T monk emblems.

1 Like

Personally I would say Marie. She is slow but effective and has great tile damage once maxed and with emblems. She can be a nightmare in rush tourneys. Mine is at +14 on the talent grid and I went sword path every time. I run her as flank in my raid def and it holds up great. I use her all the time for titans because of her tile damage and I use her for purple stacks on offense. She is kind of a jack of all trades hero and seems to work good in most scenarios that I use her. Her def buff complements her heal so that your heroes can take hits while the HoT is doing its thing and her zombie blessing can mean the difference between winning/losing in a close endgame.

1 Like

I don’t have Marie Therese but I would ascend her if I were you.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

I gave all my monk emblems to Drake Fong and I plan to continue this way, cause he is really efficient and part of my defense team.

What about Marie T without emblems in a war context ?
She clearly can be useful for titans with her good tile damage.

1 Like

She would serve you well in war contexts imo. Even squaring off against Telly tanks in war she has been quite useful. Not knowing your particular war def you use I can’t say as to how she would fit in to def. I fluctuate between her and Kage on war def. If it’s a healing aid war then I usually leave her out. But for arrow barrage or attack boost I prefer to keep her in. But if you aren’t planning on dropping any emblems on her she may not be the best fit for def.

In terms of war currently I only have so many reds and face lots of green tanks in war these days so she will stack with some other purples once I settle on an opponent. I typically run 3-2 in wars. Usually, if my tiles are near halfway decent, she contributes to the win when stacked with other purples while adding some extra utility/survivability for the team as a whole. In rare cases I might bring her as a solo purple in the event that she becomes my best healer option as I bring at least one healer with every war offense as much as possible. Her stats at 4.80 are…
Attck-774
Def-723
HP-1301

My Marie at +14 is currently…
Attck-819
Def-816
HP-1337
As is expected she is better with emblems but her stats are still good enough at 4.80 to warrant use as you see fit for war. She also adds extra utility that you wouldn’t get from from some other purples you are considering maxing. In the event that you max emblem Drake I can say that she is absolutely worth emblems if/when when you’re ready.

Right now, regarding your answers, Marie T seems to be the best choice. Based on Anchor ranking, she is a “B” hero. As I previously said, Drake F will have all the monk emblems, as he is one of the best option as monk, so I plan to leave Marie T @4/80 if I maxx her.

I thought a second Sartana could be the best choice, but no one talked about her. Is it too squishy to have 2 Sartana on the same attack team ? Maybe an option if I find the costume.

Quintus costume is a beast for titans, but needs more work on him than Sartana or Marie T.

I don’t have a lot of chance with pulls or TC20 (2 running at the same time). Maybe can I hope Domitia soon, but she is not really a beast until I get costume.

Maybe should I wait finally… I have 9 tabards, 22 trap tools, 5 damas and 7 books for ascension.

Not really. She has decent survivability stats compared to other classic legendary sniper with only Marjana outliving her without question. However, it is ideal to ascend Sartana only if you have her costume. Absent her costume, I would prefer variety and other utilities to be more prepared for any task at hand or in the future. But I would place my second Sartana to 3/70 in case I get her costume.

Anchor guides are a guidepost and useful but not the final word. Anchor considers Morgan Le Fay a B but she is an A as far as I am concerned as one example. Ascend heroes you like using and who fit best into your rosters before relying on grades to make a determination. Just food for thought.

3 Likes

Another thing to consider: MT is monk that can heal. There is a Class quest where she was lifesaver for me (monks + rogues → only Puss in Boots, MT, Brynhild, costume BT and MT can heal there). I don’t have Drake though so I can give her all emblems I don’t already have on Wu or Wilbur.

Indeed.

And also… Anchor gradings by their very nature reflect HEAVILY on versatility.

Not that there’s anything wrong with this*, versatile heroes are almost always the best early ascension picks.

Later on, when you’ve got more maxed heroes and a better feel for what you care about…
Sometimes a more niche hero (which gets a lower grade because of what it’s not as good at) can be a more powerful and interesting option for what you actually want it for.

Of course… There’s also the simple limitations of what you’ve actually got available to work with, and that’s kinda the case here.

Sartana makes a very useful dupe, MT is a bit more niche, but offers something different.
At this stage (early picks) I would personally rock the duplicate… But I know it’s easier said than done when interesting diversity comes a-calling.

*As a matter of fact, I think it’s a good thing - the less experienced players are the ones more likely to take ratings as gospel…
And taking versatility uber alles at that stage of the game makes good sense.

2 Likes

Voodoo girl
20 bones n grog

1 Like

It’s not because someone quotes a rating that he / she is not experimented :slight_smile: Anchor’s rating helps find which heroes are most powerful in common situations. Personnaly, I wouldn’t have posted topic here if I just read Anchor’s guid (clear winner will be Sartana with an A grade)

I personnaly find Quintus with costume bonus a pure beast paired with Tib costumed, with much more RAW power than Sartana or Marie T. But I need to consider all options, and most of you point Marie T as the best choice.

I’m clearly lost at this post.
Marie T as war attacker doesn’t seem to fit well, since Rigard costume (if I get it !) can do the support job. Do I really need a support hero ? Taken alone, Marie T is without any doubt a good option, but the question is : is she a good option in an entire war team, compared to Quintus (+bonus costume) ?
Two snipers like Sartana in the same war team ? I dunno : moreover, she has not enough power to be taken in titan context.

So the question is : Marie T with an optimized team is a better choice than Quintus (+bonus costume) with an optimized team ?

Pardon me but, generally, yes it very much is generally the case that people pointing to anchor gradings are less experienced and less capable of doing their own thinking (yet).

And yes, it’s all about versatility - to get a high score on that guide, it has to be very good in most scenarios.
Heroes that are great in one place but have modes they’re not so good at usually don’t get very high scores there - there comes a point where you might want a hero that does certain things very well and don’t care that it’s not as amazing at other things.

The point is that this broad generalisation is how players should judge for their early 5* ascensions and less for their later ones.

Definitely, and the synergies available to each player can completely change the decision - at that point, relying purely on Anchor grades becomes silly.

Similarly, Anchor grades factor in defence… Which isn’t really a factor for you here, is it?
And generally shouldn’t be a factor in picking which heroes to ascend until much later in the game anyway.

To be honest… If you like Quintus and have a team in mind for him, then he could be a good choice, especially with costume bonus bringing him closer to average mana (easily done with troops) and jacking his stats up.

MT is interesting - she’s different, looks fun and when she gets going she can be a PITA to attack (and although we shouldn’t base assumptions of how heroes play in attack by how they perform in defence against us, in many cases it’s the only experience we have of them).

It sounds like you have a couple of uses for Quintus (titans/tiles, wars/raid attacks with a team in mind to make the most of him).
Trust your judgement, you’re thinking right.

1 Like

And a snake. She’s not the only resser, but she’s the only resser with a snake. This makes all the difference if you’re going for the cool factor.

I would go with Quintus! yep, Sartana is better but you already have her plus Quintus will bring to your sorcerer trials, titan and events an important plus.
His tile damage is pretty good and with mana troops and costume bonus you can fix the speed issue in offense.
Hes a good addition to VF tournament too

good luck!

PD: You have said it before but he has synergy with tibs( i hope you can get both rig and tib costume)

2 Likes