News about the Rare Quests

Many of you have been wondering what has happened to the rare quests - and so have we. The quests are generated randomly, and randomness can sometimes be very surprising. However, not getting a single rare quest in three weeks is extremely unlikely.

I added some debug logging on Friday and was able to pinpoint the problem today. We’ll fix the issue on Monday, but for the time being I have manually generated a rare quest for today.

My apologies for the problem. To compensate, I’ll double the probability of the rare quests for the next three weeks.

55 Likes

Woho! More rare quests for the people! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news.

Hopefully the probability won’t be twice as high as the last three weeks … (only joking ^^)

Thank you, I couldn’t put up with very hard stage last time, so this delay problem had given me enough time to build up my team to be ready to fully complete every stage! Hah :smile:

I love you.
Would you marry me?

6 Likes

It is nice to know that indeed we all weren’t crazy and there was indeed a problem. Thank you for looking into the problem and remedying it. I’m sure many many players will be very appreciative of the efforts…:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Mmm… more rare quests :money_mouth_face:

:beers: for the update. Got Shrikewood. Thanks mhalttu :grinning:

(special request to you in hushed tone - can the next one please be something that gives orb of magic or poisoned darts.) :wink::grin:

2 Likes

Think I got the same…called “Drosselwald” in german.

1 Like

Thank you! Rare quests are my BAE. :grin:

You will have some very happy players! It really is the best, and most consistent way to move your team forward. Thanks!

Me first! (We can share?)

My my my… it’s a bit like feeding the fish…
(I just like the mental picture)

Thanks for looking in to it, and thanks for the boost by way of compensation.

I’m so happy about this reward, since I’m retired I get paid monthly and on an odd day of the month, so many specials don’t often fall when I need them yayyyy!!

Thanks for identifying and fixing it.

1 Like

Already liked your comment when i first saw this - but want to add on by saying thanks again!

Having gotten frostmarch yesterday after your manually generated rare quest I think the system works again, very happy you chose to compensate this way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why have other players in our alliance got a dark event quest but I haven’t?

Because those are random

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’m wondering if this post relates not only to rare quests, but also to wanted missions. In my recent experience (last several weeks) the purple chest wanted missions seem to have dried up completely. I play the wanted missions as frequently as the game allows, including using gems to periodically skip cool down periods. Unfortunately, I’ve not seen a purple chest quest in quite some time.

Anyone else having this dry spell? I appreciate the game devs addressing the rare quests and would love to hear thoughts on the wanted missions as well.

Thanks!

Jnt

@Jntizzle: No, it doesn’t relate to wanted missions. And there is no problem with them as they still come from time to time. It’s just bad luck, if you don’t get any.

@lolaperoni: As long as you are online you must have got the quest. The quests are the same for everyone, even though they are random. Otherwise I hope that you made a screenshot for proving that there was only one quest at that time.

1 Like