News about the Rare Quests

That’s an interesting perspective. I’m not so sure on that though I agree some 5*'s aren’t very good though it would be a quick and interesting analysis to determine that in ratio form vs. the event and HOTM’s some of which aren’t very good either.

Coppersky started sometime earlier than I did, and she got Lianna to 80 way before I did as a person who spends money in this game, certainly in the top 5% of spenders, maybe even top 1%. She had 6 tonics waiting for her when she got Lianna out of TC20, I didn’t when she popped out of a summons portal utterly unexpectedly (I just wanted the HOTM that month).

If you put enough time in you can absolutely be competitive on titans, or raids, whatever you actually care about; there are some heroes that unbalance one part of the game - Hel, Athena, and as a result we’ve seen some moves to redress that imbalance both with new hero releases and nerfs to select part of the game, but by and large the heroes are pretty solid, and as a result paying money simply accelerates the game for you in the time domain.

It doesn’t suddenly leave you in an unassailable place. As a result, having more ascension items, especially for those people who spent less than a yuppie foodstamp in the game, is a good thing because it shortens the time once they actually do get something useful out of TC13 or 20.

My theories anyway.

Oh, forget to say that out of the 3 heroes good i have, 2 are HotM so i paid to have them (few, but nonethless paid).

So in 8 months i have only 1 free good 5 star hero.

I think your Lianna example is a good one. Coppersky’s advantage over you was a history of grinding. If ascension materials had been dropping every week, guaranteed, then perhaps you would have been able to ascend Lianna without any qualms, negating Coppersky’s head start.

This is not to say P2W players lack a way to catch up. As you have noted, they can already buy the ascension packs that are available. (Seems like a horribly expensive way to get anything useful, so if anyone wants to go down that track then they have my respect: they’ll pay for the game.)

But otherwise, the time it takes to collect ascension materials is what stops F2P players from being rapidly passed by P2W players. And when one does finally get a few training camps to level 20 as an F2P player, there is usually a decent stock of ascension materials accumulated - I could certainly take a few more 5* heroes up to 80, if the right ones came along.

(Confession time. My first 4* hero was Wu Kong. I took him to 70 and really enjoyed him, but then drew Chao. I was so happy to have someone new that one evening, when somewhat impaired, I fed Wu Kong to Chao. The next morning I was horrified to realise what I had done. This was back around March or April, and I haven’t seen a Wu Kong since. Still stuck with Chao, too. In a related story, I’m pretty rubbish at Titan killing. Karma, huh? [Sigh.])

7 Likes

And so Shrikewood pop up :roll_eyes:

Btw, someone has played recruits II and see if there’s the token? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This was my first thought too…but…no token here…

1 Like

So, no more tokens on recruits II?

Sometimes you get the token, sometimes not.
It’s not everytime.

3 Likes

For me it was everytime till now. This quest was there few days ago and I got the token and now it seems nobody gets it, not one person in my alliance. The fact that the same uncommon questpops up few days apart makes me think maybe it’s some kind of bug?

OT but it’s random presumably to encourage more people to do the quests. I have seen them miss before: the one immediately following the first of the troop tokens when they were put into the loot table for the uncommon quest.

It is the same for everyone whether they get the token or not. It had been roughly 50% but I think we had 2 or 3 in a row woth it. I’d guess the chances are at 50%

As regards F2P or P2W, I perhaps erroneously consider myself F2P, having spent a grand total of $55 in three chunks over 8 months.

That said, the only source I DEPEND on getting acension items is Rare Quest. Do I get them elsewhere? Sure. Slowly. No guarantee. Pesky RNG as my bane.

As a F2P, I want Rare Quests to continue giving these ascension items. Do I care if someone else is advantaged by this? No. Why should I? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Because you are good and don’t competitive.

But i’m evil and selfish and i want to steal the christmas :smiling_imp:

1 Like

There’s a lot of us @rook who align with F2P but spend a bit here and there. The winter calendar drained my bank account $2 at a time LOL. Haven’t spent a dime since then, and had barely spent in 6 month before then!

3 Likes

Just about the same spending for me. Less than $200 so far, but only spent since the Winter Calendar. I felt it worth what I’ve spent, but these rare quests have been my main source of AM so far.

I’m F2p and competitive, and the rare quests are basically the only thing keeping me competitive.

If someone has 10 maxed 5*s it doesn’t matter too much to me, they can only put down 5 as a defense team.

If I have regular rare quests however, I can too field a team of maxed 5*s (eventually) and have a relatively fair fight of 5 against 5 maxed heroes.

The returns at the top are very little, you’re upgrading your bench for specific cases - and since they’re paying for my game as well I don’t really mind if they have some more ascension mats. If you take away regular rare quests the difference you picture will only be bigger, as they will buy their materials through packs and special offers and f2p is left with less chances of mats. I remember this from when I started in the game and the rare quests were different/maybe not even existent (cant remember). The main thing that keeps f2p competitive is that the mats cant be bought directly, by adding more opportunities where both p2w and f2p can get the materials it is in the benefit of f2p.

6 Likes

Thank you devs. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Where the rare quest at?

It used to be once a week no you’re stretching it once every 10 days

It’s time to stop

1 Like

It’s always been random, so let’s just wait and hope :slight_smile:

Hi,
Im sorry for post this here i couldnt find where should i write my proplem. Please accept my apology.
I would like to now how to contact someone becouse we have an issue when i left my alliance i get my prizes from the titan after i left but one of the players he left the alliance too and he didnt get his prizes from the titan why is that please reply? Thanks alot for beutifull game.