New Zealand- Shock, struggling, help ( link )

Thank u so much for that. Ya know it was just like I hit my tipping point. I knew everything I was doing was letting all of u down but I just found my myself typing away. I didn’t realize too until I just re-read it now that it really did sound pretty nasty. That wasn’t my goal. My goal was to try and just get those posts to stop. But I was wrong. I have always prided myself on being able to admit defeat and my own short comings. I love being happy and positive. And I just failed. I failed everyone else who didn’t snap back. For that I am truly sorry. Here is something though u can check out. @Razor just put it up in regards to @Jedon

5 Likes

20 \ggg\g characters

Why do you feel the need to post this here?

The sad excuse of a human being has been arrested and made 2 appearances at court already.

I find this article totally inappropriate to be posted here. It is derailing the original topic; especially as myself, Brobb and other kiwis are still trying to make sense of what happened.

Please think twice next time before posting.

@zephyr1 @Kerridoc @Rook unfortunately this post may need to be closed soon.

5 Likes

I think this thread has done amazingly well with the outpouring of compassion, empathy and sympathy for the victims.

I’m ignoring the one troll who doesn’t deserve the attention he seems to be desperately craving. It’s not even worth my effort to flag his posts thereby denying him some satisfaction.

The many voices here showing positive support, and who are outraged by a hate crime, can easily drown out lone dissenter.

5 Likes

Thankfully most of u have been able to do that without losing ur cool. I had a crappy lapse of better judgement and snapped back. Stupid. But thanks to all of u who have kept ur heads cool

3 Likes

Given the sensitivity of the topic, and diverse backgrounds and viewpoints, there’s of course some risk for derailment.

But I agree, this thread has done well staying on a productive course for the most part. And a problematic post here and there is no reason to shut that down.

There’s space here for all viewpoints and opinions. The manner of expression is the most critical.

When we get off track it doesn’t have to be permanent. We can course correct and resume.

So I still see no urgency to close down the thread, and if anything comes up, no biggie, we’ll address it and move on.

10 Likes

@brobb, if you’re lurking, thinking of you.

I miss your rapier wit and countenance of the smiling assassin.

Hope you’re happy and whole, gatto baffi.

5 Likes

@ Brobb I was thinking about you today, too. Hope to see you soon. :bouquet: :tea: :cupcake: :cat:

3 Likes