New War Rule -- ✨ War Equalizer

Um no, that random damage is a buff and gets removed, only his boosted health is not affected. So he becomes a meat shield at that point

3 Likes

Baldur’s ability to attack random targets while he has extra hp is a buff (or an effect, whatever), which gets cleaned by this war rule. IMHO that is actually a bug, but it is what it is right now. I used him in the war - after war rule applied his icon of “eternal fighter” got washed away and he stopped hitting targets, though he still had about 30% boosted hp left. So, he is basically a log, which constantly heals himself and doesn’t get to do anything else.

1 Like

I understand cleansing “buffs”, however if you use a joon special on a % healer, the healer doesn’t miss executing their powers. Wouldn’t regeneration be in the same vein?

How long will it take until SGG releases a hero that has special skill which is unremovable?

Ah, gotcha. My mistake. So, does he also still prevent direct mana reduction from allies when his health
is boosted, or is that part of the buff? (This is mostly inconsquential though. Without the extra damage every turn, this war type absolutely crushes Baldur.)

It goes away too. :frowning:

Oh well. Just another reason mine’s staying at 3/70 for the foreseeable future…

War equalizer is actually the most fair of all the rules (well maybe except undead horde), since arrows, buffs, and field aid strictly benefit the defenders only. At least with war equalizer you’re not as afraid to set off DoT heroes if you know they’ll get cleansed after one round. (and that’s exactly what I did this past war, intentionally set off PITA heroes like GM/Vela when war equalizer was one turn away so they do minimal damage)

4 Likes

Well, I’m just borrowing your logic: use healer to counter health lost.

Therefore: use buffer to counter buff lost.

Getting lumped into this thread does NOT answer my initial question as to the benefits of a % healer vs a regenerating healer.

Heal over time is a buff. Buffs are removed under the war equalizer. Note that you get however many turns between casting and equalizer that the HoT goes off.

Healing on the other hand is instant.

Not much more to it than that sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally get that. My question is if a healer who gets hit by a special which affects accuracy, shouldn’t the % chance to miss healing special be in play if regeneration is a “buff”. % healing is immediate after the special is fired. A chance to miss seems logical if healer gets zapped by accuracy. Please explain why.

No; cause accuracy buffs only affect offensive special skills (i.e. those that affect the enemy team)…

Can’t explain why :stuck_out_tongue: just a player. Just the way it is.

2 Likes

Lol. Just thought it would be interesting if it were the case. Have thought about it for some time. Figured it was the way the mechanics work. It seems it shouldn’t make a difference Even though the special I’d fired at allies. Is there a magical set of goggles that make healers immune to solar flares?

For those that hate the boring grind of the game, the war set up is perfect. It’s like a puzzle where you have to look at the timer, and look at what heroes you have that will maximize DOT. Then you look at the enemy to dump tiles on them so they only get their special one turn.

If you like chess and strategy, than war equalizer is for you.

4 Likes

I don’t hate it, I think it should be improved to have a better gaming experience for everybody.

Next month most probably. That’s how they manipulate the spenders :smiley:

Would be nice to have a war buff like Grazul which prevent new buffs instead of cleansing all existing buffs.

Every great heroes will eventually become useless with all the new challenges and changes.

2 Likes

The new rule made it easier to attack, but required more attention both in attack and defense.

One issue that I found a little strange was the moment of activation of the rule. I think it could be after the attack shift of the defense.