New War Rule -- ✨ War Equalizer

This is a time and wait to use specials to get the most of the ability. Using different strategies it, will get harder as many didn’t look of there defence team I switched mine up to what I’d have normally.
Iv just moved to our other alliance witch is more higher titans and war opponents.
So offence 4 one shot 1 fup 1 clean up
Defence killed 4 times 2 one shot, then took 2 flags each other time.

I went 6 for 6, but hate this war rule. Much of the strategy is taken away…though, yes some different kind of strategy is there. Still, by far my least favorite war rule.

Really enjoyed this war rule. Nice change from the exact same thing I’ve been doing for 3 years. I had to rethink everything, and slow down and actually hit different, learning to use the cleanse to my advantage was fun. I am looking at finally using different heroes. And that’s a wonderful change as well.

3 Likes

I never expected new war rules to mainly benefit the attack team. But unlike arrows and field aid this rule can be tactically used for attack, when surviving the first rounds. Either by triggering heroes on the defense right before the Equalizer or holding skills to after it fires. I really like the new strategy in that, even though it will take time to adapt to and to change habits on attacks

5 Likes

Huge benefit to the offense. It made it much easier to kill. It was all about timing which hurts the defense. Pick good heroes and time it well and it’s an easy win.

Does anyone know what the next war will be?

The War Equalizer eliminates all statuses every 3rd turn. It also does so in a manner that favors the opponent. On the 3rd turn, it eliminates all status THEN let’s the opponents teams special attacks activate. Setting you up for defeat if you had a buff ready to defend against a special attack. Also your team can absolutely use a special attack and have it cancelled immediately afterwards by the WE.

The WE completely debilitates and contradicts many of the heroes’ purpose. For example, Miraweave has a Very Fast special attack that add +10% to her attack each time it’s used. She’s not strong but her purpose is to stack this buff and become stronger. But the WE cancels this making her pointless.

We need to get the word out that the WE is not welcome in this game.

Please repost with your thoughts here for the moderators. We need to get the word out.

2 Likes

Each team should adapt their offenses and defenses to the mode. If one is using a hero that WE effects poorly- that’s on them.

I think it’s a welcome change.

2 Likes

I agree with @Dan7: anything to break up the monotony. It forced me to retool my defense in favor of direct damage heroes and away from those that had status effects/DOT/HOT, as well as how I timed firing my specials (and selected my heroes) on offense.

BTW: IMO this new war type favors the defense far less than the standard 3 attack boost, field aid, and arrow barrage.

2 Likes

I like War Equalizer as attacker has advantage to timing special skill.
And setup defense with not heavy statuses heroes.
I like variety… we can poll and discuss about War Equalizer here:
New War Rule – :sparkles: War Equalizer

3 Likes

I enjoyed it. Gives a new layer of strategy regarding holding off firing specials and team make up. A welcome addition to the rotation.

3 Likes

I’ve never been so absolutley tired fedup to the point of quitting this game. WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THINGS,:IT STINKS. Change it back please!!! :confused:Doesn’t 3. 5 years of total loyalty to you guys mean anything. I understand that you want to make things fresh and interesting but seriously there’s enough going off in this dang game without you guys changing WAR STUFF, guys get a grip if you want or value some if your originals STOP CHANGING THINGS. I’M doing my job plus running house plus my escape The e&p game. Plus all this covid stuff. Stop messing with things it isn’t Fun!! Hmm it’s stress. Not enjoyable anymore. I KNOW YOJ DON’T GIVE A DAM I’M JUST ANOTHER LOYAL PLAYER THAT DOSESNT COUNT. Please read stop changing wars you’ve enough other things going on to GET YOUR DANG MONEY. STOPIT!!!

2 Likes

Um… There’s been a lot of discussion before the war changes were introduced, and beta testers reported here…

And more discussion here…

This seems to have come as a surprise - idk :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

You realize people also complain when nothing is changed, right? Right?!

9 Likes

I found the War Equalizer isn’t fair for offensive heroes, it cleanses Defensive heroes before their skills but it cleanses Offensive heroes after their skills…

It’s completely in favour for defensive heroes. Why?

1 Like

You… you do realize other modes, such as arrow attack, also only favor defensive heroes, right?

1 Like

I can use healer to recover after arrow attack…

Is there a way to counter/prevent the war equalizer?:thinking:

I think not, because it remove all dispellable AND non-dispellable aliments.

Maybe, im not sure about this you could search in the thread, some buff that prevent remotion such as one of the valkiries (the green 4* from s3) and again, maybe margaret is immune thanks to her natural resistance.

As an attacker you do have the advantage of holding your special and use it after the war equalizer occurs. That’s something the defense doesn’t have. All it means is that I may delay a HoT or DoT a turn to let the war equalizer effects to pass, and then use my specials.

3 Likes

Loved this rule. I know some people hate change, but this was refreshing. After 3 years of playing finally I need to puzzle out something new! How refreshing to learn a new way to play. To use different heroes on my defense team. And to learn how to turn the rule to my advantage, which I did quite well. My usual 6 teams were not the best for this war, but that was the point, to change things up, it was getting pretty boring and stagnant the past 6 months.
Do I want this every War, no. But adding it into the rotation is fine. Something for everyone!
Thanks for the change SG.
And good gaming everyone!

8 Likes

I would suggest the buff active every 5 turns instead of 3. Every 3 turns doesn’t give attacker any advantages at all. IMHO

1 Like