New War Rule -- ✨ War Equalizer

I hate this rule, i have much worse scores than in others.
If you have a deep enough roster those might be fine, but equalizer makes my attacking teams useless. Every. damn. time.

It should be tweaked to cleanse after EVERY turn, then it would be fair. Timing favors the defense because it cleanses attacking team buffs and allows the defender to put their for two/three turns (can’t remember when it hits exactly) while you have nothing. Frustrating af.

There are possibilities for so many rules to be created (or maybe just none, why there can’t be just a clean war without all them rules??) but they came up with this BS, jesus christ

2 Likes

My baldur is fully emblemed and my only 5 star red. I noticed he’s still strong in my war defense for war equalizer rule. Am I missing something?

His special will be wiped every 3 turns regardless of his hp and you will need to fire it again the start it up again as both the mana steal protection and random punch are buffs.

1 Like

Still loving this war rule. I don’t have a very many of the shiny special heroes, but I’ve learned to use my season 1 heroes. I have got one 5* nearly fully emblemed. The rest are maybe half way? +/- My troops are finally getting there, nearly all to lvl 20.
Adapt. Learn which heroes work better. Quit depending so heavily on all the fancy buffs for a couple of wars. Timing is important. New team synergies need to be found. Use your brain to figure it out instead of relying on the exact same thing we’ve been doing since rules were introduced.
This is a nice change!
Can’t wait for the other new rules if/when they implement them. I do wish hey would keep them All, just make a longer rotation.

I’d actually say it is the opposite. FTP, CTP etc players… they tend to level and emblem whichever heroes they get their hands on. This means they have a lot of heroes in their arsenal that fit the profile for this type of war, i.e. sniper, up-front heal, AOE, etc. I know a lot of people in my top 100 alliance that don’t have many of the above options because they have focused most of their energies/ascension/emblems on the generally better fast heroes with multiple time-based effects - the types of heroes that don’t shine here. It is a similar story for the VF wars.

I think this war equalises both the attacker and defender, and also new/old, and CTP/whale (to some extent) players

2 Likes

I just noticed that when S3 heroes with low health have a status ailment it gets removed and doesn’t return later on, even if the hero still has low health. Did not understand that from the messages, would have been nice to know.

Take your war equalizer and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine !

2 Likes

It just requires some thinking about when to fire your hero with status ailments or buffs.

As every other rule, favors some heroes and cripples others.

At least works for all and not just the defender, so it’s still better than the field aid.

3 Likes

Haha! It’s like everything else; it has its good points and its bad points. It makes my Onatel significantly less useful, as she never gets to the full mana steal, which takes four turns, and her effect gets wiped after three at most. On the other hand, you don’t have to bring dispellers against riposters like Elena, since that effect will get wiped out in just a few turns anyway. It’s not really good or bad for most folks, I think. Just different.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: omg this cracks me up!

I never paid attention to when the rules actually activate, but I always got the impression they’re supposed to activate at the end of the turn instead of after my turn.

For example, if I see the bar flashing, I would expect that whatever special I and the defense uses will get canceled out that turn. Instead, my turn goes first, then the war equalizer activates, and then the defense goes, with its status effects good for three turns.

Having it activate after the end of the official turn (i.e. defense attacks) would make it more strategic so I can better time forcing the defense to “waste” a special.

Are all the other war rules implemented this way (attack, war rule, defense)? I probably never noticed as it usually doesn’t matter.

Edit: I see that’s how it is in the OP, I’m just wondering if that was the case for other rules.

1 Like

Im curious as to what the intention of the war equalizer is? The game moderates your heros and troops regardless of how much $ you spend. Those heros (troops have attributes like extra mana gen, health etc) have special skills programmed by the developers. The war equalizer takes away the effects of special attacks of given heros…

Sooooo, is this a ploy to allow lower ranking teams with better troops a fighting chance against a 200-300 higher team by wiping the special skills from the heros that are designated to you? If so, then wouldnt it be wiser to focus more energy on matchmaking? Thus, eliminate the equalizer bs and allow closer ranked teams to dual it out?

I want to stress that IM NOT criticizing, merely looking at the picture as a whole. Especially given that people are extremely upset/mad/pissed about the progression this game is going towards. Please contact me for additional feedback concerning my inquiry

It is amusing that some people think that war equaliser favours whales whilst others believe that it favours FTP/CTP players.

It is a mode that forces you to rethink your team selection and possibly use heroes that you may not otherwise be using often, or at all. Any initiative that results in you using more of your roster can only be a positive move for the game.

5 Likes

It is odd people think that. WAR favors whales because they have a deeper roster. However Equalizer and undead horde help both offense and defense. Why do people favor the boring old wars where the defense gets all the assistance? Peculiar rationale.

I find so many theories/thoughts/opinions/conspiracies on this forum “peculiar”…

3 Likes

So my rationale actually came from a very popular American game called Madden. Its based on American football. To be honest ,FIFAs EA sports game is the same. This game gives a defensive strength and nothing else. That game gives off, def, and overall rankings. Im good there. My gripe is really with the lack of matching teams up skill wise AND the fact that your teams are “predetermined” by what the game wants you to have.

I love losing to a team that has 1 hero left and i have 1 hero left. Sparring to the death, may the strongest survive. To take away the abilitites that were predestined to you as a player seems like laziness on matchmaking. If you match properly, you dont need this. Good convo btw

1 Like

Additionally, im a huge fan of the undead horde. But in that case, nothing was taken from you as the player. You’re meerly given a teams worth of minions; defensive shield that last shorter than a ■■■ drive, loll

Personally i like war equalizer because:

1. Telly special is not that special anymore (telly is still the best war tank and so many team use her)

2. Any annoying defensive buff will not last for long, means that we can win faster

3. Its more challenging to time your special attack to maximize the benefit on your team

I think this mode is the only war mechanism that benefit the attacking party rather than the defensive one.

@udee, your saying you like the equalizer because it brings higher ranked teams to your level every 5 turns, which makes someone who was given a gift of Tell (which i do not own btw) a lesser opponent thus giving you a better chance? Do these rules apply in raids? That’d be nice, right?

I dont disagree with the strategy part first and foremost. I crave strategy. But im only handed the cards that were dealt. When i work to make said cards powerful through 8 maybe 12 months, and this equalizer is put into place, it makes me wonder why i should come back.

Its not any of our faults who we get to work with. But if matching teams up better, whether depth, offense defense etc. we probably wouldnt be having this conversation

If war equalizer cleanses defending heroes prior to their special/normal attacks so they can attack with blindness or weakened attack, then war equalizer should also remove revive from heroes like atomos and tyr before they revive…no?