New War Rule -- ✨ War Equalizer

Well, I think that’s exactly why they created this type of aid.

Now you can bring your Magnis, Marjanas and Joons to see some action in defense, instead of just using them for attack.

BTW, they only did one OS on me last war.

3 Likes

I’m going to try to de-construct this for you:

• Defense teams need to be re-evaluted for this war mode. A decision has to be made whether to change your regular heroes (who may be ailment givers/DOT givers) with other less used heroes who may be generally less effective or less emblemed. Strategy and some gambling is required in this

• Offense teams also need to be re-evaluated, in the same way as above. Teams you are used to playing, where there are known synergies, may no longer work as well. For example my Wilbur/G Falcon mono team is much worse now because I have a much smaller window of opportunity to find red tiles to capitalise on the debuffs, which likely means the opponent can heal away the damage and then destroy me.

• Within the match you do largely have the advantage as you select your team against the defensive team, and you can try to work around the equaliser timings. This in no way guarantees a win. You still have to intelligently select teams, you have to play intelligently (probably even more so than usual) and you have to have some element of luck to support you. Getting an overall higher alliance war score does not take away the skill aspect. Our war opponents scored under 6K in this last war and they are a top 100 alliance. This is attributable to us setting up good defenses, and them not employing optimal strategies to work around the equaliser

• War matching whilst not perfect is based on the war score of both teams. If one team has a higher score because they have a better war record vs a team with a worse record but better teams/troops, then that is essentially fair as it indicates one team whilst stronger on paper is not as skilled as the other team. That more “skilled” team is not put at a disadvantage in this war mode, not any more than in any other war mode.

• And I am not sure why you are focusing on troops so much. I have level 11 to 17 troops across the board and I do well in offense against opponents in any type of war rule. Troops do not impact the outcome nearly so much as forming good teams, choosing opponents wisely and playing intelligently.

5 Likes

Who’d you have in??? & good point👍

I disagree with you 3rd point in sense that timing is compensated for in this war mode… IT’S NOT!.. THAT’S the problem. The buffs are what really compensated for the fact that the defenders have NO control over timing. B/c of the duration time of the buffs, the defenders had more time to use a special more than once. With that war buff now its just a firing range… Not too hard to pull a trigger. <-(Analogy)… You just gotta fire off your specials at the right time & that’s IT! You beat WHOEVER in that game mode.

I really don’t fully understand what you are trying to say. I think this was mode is easier than arrows and healing aid, so we probably agree there. But as I said, victories are not locked in. For one thing, the enemy defenses have been tweaked to remove a reliance on DOTs and ailments. So you get more snipers, and you get heroes like Finley, Jabber, Killhare, etc who are all heavy damage dealers. You can’t afford to make unintelligent decisions and tile movements or you will lose. But even assuming the regular GTVs and friends are still there, then it is STILL not a given victory. You are still going up against a higher TP team, you are still going up against a team with the hidden attack and defense buff, and you are still somewhat reliant on whatever options the board gives you. So whilst I would say the war rule favours the attacker 60/40 over the defender (or maybe even 70/30) you still need to play well to capitalise on it. If you choose teams as you normally would, if you play the same way you normally would, then you will likely lose. This is why the addition of this war rule is a good thing - even if there is more of a bias towards attack, it makes you think differently, incorporate different heroes, use different strategies.

1 Like

So here’s a question for the masses… How can you LIKE this war rule??? B/c I ■■■■■■■ hate it… I just going to be completely honest about it… Tell me how to like it… B/c its ■■■■■■■ stupid to me.

I guess it’s cool when you own EVERY hero… But for the limited Arsenal ppl… It’s a HANDICAP… It’s uneven… Pay to win… That’s ALL it is

1 Like

Defensively I mean…

There’s plenty of comments in here already about why people like/ dislike the war rule;

Overall tho, based on the polls, there is no real majority feelign about good vs. bad… Really, 60% of voters are between only slightly liking and slightly disliking the rule… The minority are the ones who love or hate it (~30%)

& I disagree with your 4th bulletpoint too btw… Arrows hits for a specific amount… Healing is a specific amount… Attack up… Specific amount. When my defense is down??? It’s however much you hitting for! Which is unspecified… It’s a HANDICAP… Not an equalizer… Let call it what it is is all.

1 Like

Well I disagree. Possibly because I still don’t really understand your point

2 Likes

Sorry I’m still not getting you. Can you speak louder and more clearly please?

3 Likes

@xXDXCQtionrXx I get you don’t like the new war buff. Others have suggested another point of view, or asked questions to better understand your thought process.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree rather than resort to name calling. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank you. Believe me it is not my natural instinct :slight_smile: But in the context of this forum my natural instinct won’t achieve anything.
The thing is I actually wasn’t egging him on, I genuinely cannot understand his point.

2 Likes

If you can start editing your posts to make them more readable and removing random CAPS LOCK I’ll start reading past the first 20 words, pinky promise.

4 Likes

Yeah you can’t use Skadi, Onatel, Lady Locke, Vela is also not good. I feel your pain since those are my main heroes too. But that’s kind of the point, to let other types of heroes shine.

Personally I didn’t overly enjoy this war type though.

2 Likes

Have you tried running great snipers, minion makers and mana thieves?

You have to change your defense…that’s the point. This is not a rinse and repeat war form.

Our clan had a huge win because our opponents weren’t able to one shot many of our teams!

2 Likes

My team was taken out twice. One shot and two shots.

My attacks against 4300-4600 tp defenses:
3 one shot
2 tankbusted
1 only Seshtat left (nerf Sesthat! :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

@chadmo I am the strongest in mine, I usually take out the weaker teams if there is nobody else left worth fighting (which is most of the time). Won’t apologize for outclassing them by several hundred points. I guess maybe I am their reward for them beating the alliances in their class.

1 Like

Well, since my def went well last war and we won, for now I’ll leave my current lineup: Seshat, BK, Telluria, Vela, Onatel.

In the future I may just trade Onatel for cJoon, since she is the one most affected by the Equalizer and also does not have an emblem conflict with the rest of the team.

IF I make that chance I may also use Anzogh instead of BK (just may).

I am level 60 but am pretty limited in my heroes (I have only 14 legendaries and they are mostly blue and purple with only one each of red, yellow, and green. No telluria no vela, mostly the run of the mill ones. I kick ■■■ with equalizer because the other guys overpowered specials from their pay to win heroes doesn’t count as much.

4 Likes