New War Rule Undead Horde - Discussion

Totally agree with this. Way to easy for the attacking team. It should be only the defending team that gets minions every 5 turns like it is with field aid, attack boost and arrow barrage.

I like it. Its something different and people have been crying out for extra war rules for ages to break up the monotony of field aid, arrows, attk boost. I think it will take some analysis after a few of this type to really decide if its easier or harder than previous or whether need to create different defence/ attack teams to better handle it. Eg will slower heroes be more useable than previous etc

Either way I am happy for the change.

6 Likes

Those were our freya defenses for that war, worked perfect, they needed so much to take them down, 3-5 hits each except mine, but sweet red hood was an experiment, didn’t work and will give up her spot and emblems to Baldur once done. :fox_face:

Anyone else got experience on that war with freya defenses too, offensive and defense?

yup, it’s like if there was no boost of anything at all. It would make sense to have minions only on one side, but devs proved over and over again that logic or thought doesn’t run in this company.

1 Like

Don’t see it that way, new field aid giving new possibilities. Slow heroes became stronger by protection, offensive and defensive, some benched heroes like grimble, CoD get their spots, I like it, it makes the fights a bit longer too which is interesting and one needs to think and do the maths when there are burned, poisoned etc ones with minion protection. Overall well done imo :fox_face:

4 Likes

I have to say that bringing Gobbler out to play more often than usual was fun. We were getting crushed, had a member leave mid-war, and the math said war was very unwinnable.

Ended up specifically using him with mostly 4* heroes against a team with a Red Queen left wing and Telluria tank. Had some issues with getting green tiles, but waiting to fire him after Telluria & the skeletons twice was joyous. 10 minions to 0, and whole remaining team healed.

2 Likes

It was different. I went 5-1 and found the minions helpful.

My defence was trashed so I assume they did too.

The minions actually saved me on my mono green hit
without them I’d have lost it for sure. So I was thankful for them rescuing me.

I enjoyed the war as much as usual so all good. It did favour the attacker though
a marked change in Wars

2 Likes

I fail to see what was the designed target to achieve with the addition of Undead Horde by the developers.

it bring nothing to the table at all. The only valid case is to increase fight time. Nothing else.

Another feature designed just to boost SG statistics instead of bringing fun to the game

3 Likes

The new war rule makes it way too easy for the attacker to one-shot the opponent. I agree with many others, that only the defender should get the minions. Top alliances achieve a score of almost 8.000 points now. That’s ridiculous!

This was mine. We are running purple tanks so I was tempted to tank Freya but decided to wing her to keep her alive longer. Got one shotted once, two shotted twice and not attacked on fourth flip.

@vanZille I just recognised you. We went up against you in war last week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Circe, was just searching and the war on you was the one I got my new iPad and didn’t record, too bad. Did you run dark tanks on us too and who won, honestly cant remember :sweat_smile: (only thing I found is me calling for cleaners on discord on 15th October :rofl:)
Your lineup looking good, but freya on wing, hm, would put her on tank, she has great stats. Already sorry for those facing you in super fast war, alfrike will make everyone kill themselves :smile:
PS: i like your alliance, remember you were greeting us in description, something about pickle :smile: So we can form a partnership if anyone needs something like help on titan etc, then just call for us â™Ș Forest Gnomes ツ 🩊 - #2 by vanZille

1 Like

I liked it. I thought our war score was higher but that’s ok, so was enemy alliance. What’s lost on higher level players is the difficulty that war buffs have on the lower and average player. It didn’t have much impact on me personally but I’m level 73. / 4650. But there were a lot of “that was the most fun war in a long time “. Ninja tower was geared towards top players, and this war buff was fun for the average player so no need to mindlessly complain.

2 Likes

I hope that SG leaves it as is for a couple of cycles to allow people to experiment and adjust their strategies.

Mostly neutral on Undead Horde after first experience.

It made the battles easier than usual war battles because it is the first war rule to benefit both the defender and the attacker.

I had thought the minions would come too fast for Freya to keep her minion up so didn’t put any minion casters in my defense believing that minions would spawn more frequently as defending heroes died. If they don’t change it for the next time and minions continue to come along every five rounds we may well try to put up minion walls.

I look forward to the next round with this war rule now that we (the player community) understand it better.

3 Likes

I withheld judgment until after trying it out myself.

Final judgment: I like it!

By that, I mean, I didn’t totally hate it.

It didn’t break anything or make anything seemingly impossible.

It made it slightly harder to kill opponents, while also giving my own teams a little extra boost when it was needed.

seal-of-approval-seal

:+1:

MEANWHILE
 SOMEWHERE IN SG HQ

14 Likes

I also liked it.
Happy to see something new for a change. Let’s try this a few times before we are all starting to kick and scream. Let’s see how we can evolve our teams in defence and make it an advantage to have the minions.
For now, positive surprised.

4 Likes

I would say 10% stats on both is too weak. Make it around 15-20%. And for people who says this has no strategy and sees no point behind this rule, there is real strategy involved. The minion inherits that specific hero’s stats, So it’s health and attack would be different across the board. Heroes with more base health will get tankier minions, which means more damage to get through them. That is why I said 15-20% stats would be suitable.

1 Like

Yes! That’s us! Dark tank month lol. You guys won and it was a fun fight :slight_smile: We don’t really track war results anymore, but I do remember wiping out on your team personally :joy:

So cool to bump into you in the forums!! :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Yeah the minions should be on defense team only

We faced a team at or higher than we were and still found it easy

Our war archivist gave up months ago, since then I only record my hits and sometimes even forget that :smile: oh, really, Killhare didn’t get you :rage::smile: sorry for being off topic guys. :innocent:

1 Like