New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

Love to get peoples advice on my defence for v.fast wars…below are the hero’s on each colour that I am considering…we run green tanks

Green-Telly 20 or M.North 9
Blue-Ariel 18 Vela 19 or Finley 19
Purple-Freya 18 Killhare 9 or Jabber 18
Red- Gravy 20 or C.Elena no emblems
Yellow-Sif 18 or Guin 9

Thnx!

I would try shifting more Fighter emblems to Killhare regardless.

I would run:
Finley → Sif → Telluria → Killhare → Gravy

Or maybe people shouldn’t be so obsessed with only fast heros.

1 Like

Haven’t we had about enough of this crap by now? Stop punishing us for complaining about Field Aid and bring it back already, in a sea of bad ideas and tone-deaf updates Rush Wars stand alone as the single worst addition this game has ever seen. Retire it, shoot it in the head and throw it in the abyss.

You might as well make all-auto wars with the defense AI vs offense autoplay, same stupid implementation.

Get rid of it :-1:

4 Likes

I like Rush Attack. It’s different, completely different, than other wars.

It’s not random at all. You can go 6/6 if you know what you’re doing. If you just keep on doing the same thing, you’ll get zeroes.

2 Likes

I obviously don’t know what I’m doing then :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Hmm, you should try a war at a higher level alliance. I guess this could change your perspective.

Defenses running left corner Mother North and Alfrike tank (and BK, Krampus, LotL, Albi, Santa, or Heimdahl thrown in for good measure) simply require quite a bit more luck than the usual war attack. Very fast war results are lower for a reason.

I would never say 6/6 is easy in any war (at least at my skill level), and nor is it easy for rush wars. And I think you are right that the average for rush wars is lower as there is a lower tolerance for poor to average boards. It is definitely possible however, even in a top level alliance. Your team and target selection becomes even more important and having 3 mana troops at level 11 per color really helps. Your board play strategies also have to change from the ones you are used to.

1 Like

Going 6/6 is always great, if it was “easy” I’d be doing it every war. I don’t :joy:

In fact anyone that says going 6/6 is easy is playing Big fish in a small pond and just whomping on minnows. Because 6/6 in the shark tank is not remotely easy to do. Certainly not week in and week out.

I’m 9-3 for 1 shots this Rush cycle and I’m pretty pleased with that tbh.

1 Like

Agree to all of this. Just took issue with the “6/6 is easy”. Therefore I pointed out that lower average points would indicate otherwise, and that certain heroes would get the nerf brigade ready their pitchforks and torches, if in the main game. There is a reason why some people complain.

Another case in point: the volatility of the players’ points is higher, too (at least for the data I have). If this was (only) a skill issue, some players should be consistently good.

And just for the record: I like this war mode.

1 Like

Yep, I like it too.

But just like the cleansing war teams and strategies have to change, and a lot of people don’t do it and come back to blaming the combination of war mode/boards for their performance, when it is not just that.

I have got a handle around rush mode and how I need to navigate it successfully but I know for a fact (looking back at videos I record) that I still make a LOT of mistakes in cleanse wars. But any additions to the game that require new strategy/changed strategies/new learning are a good thing in my book

3 Likes

The RUSH wars are getting scary. We just fought a alliance which fielded 20 Alfrike tanks and MN on the wing. We lost to them by 1800 Pts. The worst difference by any sense. And we are not such a terrible alliance. Most teams have now sorted their RUSH teams to be Alf / Bera/ Urs/ Freya tanks with MN or Alby wing and a taunt hero and a reflecting hero in the mix.
I just got 2 shot in 2 of my war attacks today. Alf fires, Krampy increased attack and Killhare destroyed. It was not even a bad board for crying out loud. Both the wars ended under 40 seconds.
I used to like this format, but it has become even more terrible than Fieldaid. I will be opting out of VF wars from now.

3 Likes

Cleanse wars…I just can’t ever seem to get the timing just right myself. The amount of times the AI gets the wipe just before GM or similar fires really irks me. Especially when I’ve tried to clever and failed :joy:

I’m facing 4600 and 4700 teams. Alfrikes, Tellurias, ninjas. 20 emblems on all heroes, level 23+ troops. It’s pretty high.

I didn’t mean that’s easy to get 6/6, I’m just saying it can be done.

A bit of an exaggeration, because to go 6/6 you need to have the heroes and the tiles.

When I think about the last 4 rush wars, the first 2 I went 6/6, the third one I went 2/5 (I bombed one of them so I re-attacked to kill it, so I count that as 5 one shot attempts), and the last one I went 5/6.

But it comes to tile luck and heroes, if you have a lot of mana control types (Proteus, Hel, Gretel, Hansel, Merlin, Alfrike, Leonidas, etc), AND they get charged early, you’ve got a good chance. On the third war, I was able to fire my three Proteus 2 in 3 separate attacks attempts, and I only successfully fired him all in one attempt (on top of that, the tank, Skadi, resisted each attempt). The other 2 attacks I didn’t get enough purple tiles to fire him early enough and he was either silenced, or killed.

The main point stands though, Rush Attack does require a different attack mind-set. I’m going 2-1-1-1 instead of 3-1-1 because of the ease of firing within 2 matches with L11 mana troops. If someone is going to lean on mono, that’s going to be less effective in my opinion as very few players are going to have 5x L11 mana troops.

I really enjoy Rush Wars, but I have a good stable of slow/very slow heroes to use. I never had the bias against them that many seem to have, as I always thought their specials warranted their slow speed. Heimdall, LotL, cAzlar, cElena, Santa, cIsarnia, Snow White, Miki, cViv, Owl… all get to shine.

The last two wars, I went 6/6 using mono, but I have the troops to support them, as I have almost all at 23, 20, 11, 11, 11 for each team. This was against teams from 4570-4817 TP.

I do miss Field Aid, though.

4 Likes

This war type is absolutely terrible. Very fast alfrike breaks the game. I have a deep bench of emblemed 5* it doesnt even matter. Strategy doesnt exist. You know which team wins within 1 second of looking at the board. If you want it to be a coin flip then just let us flip a coin instead

4 Likes

You are wrong. Boards absolutely matter way more than they should in vf. I just made a single match, board cascaded, alfrike went off on 1 turn. Vf is literally a coin flip in top 100 alliances.

1 Like

You are wrong is a bold statement it’s people’s opinion, board helps but I disagree with their is no strategy. I enjoy rush wars they make me take my time and concentrate more.

1 Like

No amount of concentration will save you from alfrike, mother north, krampus. Either you have the tiles to start with or you don’t. The battles are determined before you even make a move against the top alliances. I still win my fair share but my point is that you know who wins before you do anything.

2 Likes