New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

Yeah, Proteus… Can imagine he can be great here. Unfortunately, don’t gave him. I tried with Mist, Hansel, Gretel, Zocc… But still found myself in deep trouble couple of times. Having two desirable colours, 4 times I couldn’t get them going and scored 1-3 pts. :man_shrugging:t2:
Thought it might be a smart move do pick 3 elements but I have to figure out how to build 2-2-1 or 3-1-1. Not sure what kind of special skills should have those off-colour heros.

Some people suggest that this war rule does not require strategy, that it is extremely dependant on your opening board.

I can agree to this to an extent, compared to other war rules. But I don’t understand this many complaints especially if you consider that the same cons and pros apply to the opponent team.

I always attack 5 monos(one of every colour) and one 3-2.
This did not change with the VF War. I did 5/6 in each of them. The flags I lost were with the Blue team (opponent had green tanks) in the first one and the 3-2 on the second one (my only healer sniped by the magni tank). The boards were sometimes good sometimes bad. As expected from RNG.

The reason I was able to pull two 5/6s in a row is the troop placement and roster depth. I am lucky enough to have 2 or more mana troops on each colour except red. The troops are level 11 and 5. So, for every attack team, I had a healer that charged in 6 tiles, and a Mana debuffer where possible.
C.Viv and Mist, Melendor CB and Little John, Kiril CB and Miki, C.Rigard and Proteus, and 2nd c.rigs and 2nd Proteus for the 3-2 team. Wilbur got the lone mana troop for red and kept the team alive.

Not everyone has that many mana troops or a deep roster to accomplish this, yes, but it is a strategy nonetheless. A simple, basic and obvious strategy.

All things aside, I find VF wars very exciting. Isn’t that why we play the game?
It excited me to think of a different war defense team, different attack teams. It excited me to try to figure out a move on the board that will not trigger Azlar and Alfrike flanks. It was good.

Maybe next war I will get annihilated. Who knows? But I will enjoy playing.

2 Likes

I won 6/6 4 times in the last 11 wars as non-paying player. :grin:

In VF it is only 5/6 though…

Maybe it was a kind of present for going with mono in a war for the first time, but I can assure you that the computer was so generous that war (if only it was like this for all).:rofl::rofl:

As a F2P and C2P I am loving this new war rule.

As a player, I am also loving this war rule. The reason? You have to actually think about your defense team and offense team because the ‘old way ain’t cutting it.’

Two wars in a row with PURPLE tanks on both sides after a BILLION of green on both sides, lol.

2 Likes

Something different and new that requires new strategies picking offense, defense and gem matching. I like it.

Also agree with those who say all average speed war might be even better.

I would love if SG kept releasing new war rules on a continuous basis to keep things fresh and interesting.

1 Like

I can see how a smaller roster would make this rule suck… like most situations.

However, I ran with this as attack team 6, and IT WAS FUN!

I had to tread very carefully to use my specials to good effect, without overwriting or blocking what I wanted to happen. I liked the change of pace & reasons to rework some of my usual teams.

This could be probably be accomplished with an ‘All Heroes are Slow’ rule as well though… and maybe that would be more enjoyable for everyone?

I dislike rush wars. For full disclosure, I spend money on this game and have a roster of 41 maxed 5 stars. I have gone 11 for 12 on one shots in the 2 rush wars that we have had, and my alliance has won both of the wars.

While I am not against adding something new to wars or the game, I think the way SGG went about it was less than ideal. Mana speed for different heros is one of the most [and arguable the single most] important aspect of balance in the game. Setting all the mana speeds to very fast results in less time to recover from a bad board, I do not think this can be disputed. I am not saying that it is impossible to recover from a bad board in rush war, it just leaves less time to do that. This war type places less emphasis on tile play and working a board, which are major elements of the game. I think SGG could have found a way to make a war rule that added variety and new strategy, but also not broken major elements of the game.

Average speed wars would have accomplished many of the things the people in this thread who have given positive feedback about rush war have said. It would have required rethinking defense team line-ups. It would have required re-thinking attack teams. For people who regret having maxed slow heros, it would make them more relevant for wars. Overall, it would have been something new.
I can see why slow speed wars would not have been something they wanted, as it might make matches too slow and possibly made special skills irrelevant and tile play and mono teams too important, but average mana would have been a sweet spot.

I think that such a big reach to try to keep things “new” is not a good thing. I think such big reaches will continue to happen. Its one thing to have a quirky change of the rules for tournaments (which themselves were an addition to increase variety and improve the game). Wars however, are a core part of the game, and the reason that many people stick around this game (I have yet to see an alliance recruitment asking about tournament performance), so messing with that seems different.

I am a sports fan, and if, in the sake of making the sport more exciting, basketball decided that there would be a few games where players didn’t need to dribble the ball or football / soccer decided there would be a few matches where all players could use their hands, I would worry about what is going on with the state of the game.

6 Likes

I like these VF wars :grin:

4 Likes

Nice … who was your team

Jezus… this is a helluva team if not red mono :slight_smile:

Just pure disgusting! :rofl:

1 Like

LOL every attacker will have some funny thoughts about you after the fight imo :smiley:

Great team :slight_smile: But you may want to movie Afrika out of tank imo.

1 Like

And about his/her mother as well… :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is how SGG intend to let us to play with this “awesome” rule.
At least in tournaments RNG can only screw yourself and not a whole alliance.

I’m not sure about my alliance tbh - we lost both wars. The second by a small margin (100ish points) and perhaps more because we didn’t use 10 flags then the rule itself. But, on paper it was the weakest team I saw in a loooong time. Not just based on defence teams (those may be adjusted for this specific rule), but based on overall experience of the players. I think there were just 3 players above lvl 50, and the teams they had do not say they are some heavy spenders. Usually, we are fighting against bunch of 60+ lvl players with defence teams of 4400 or more. I’m still not sure if my team didn’t adjust well, or those guys had incredibly lucky boards. I don’t know, maybe both reasons are valid to some extent.

1 Like

10 unused flags is uncalled for! We lost because of 3 unused flags, lost by 20 points. How disappointing for you.

1 Like

Yeah, that was really disappointing, but honestly, in any other war rule that match would be like walk in the park. But not in rush attack. As I said, maybe it was partly because my teammates could not adjust. But at the same time, I saw their lvl 34-35 players one-shooting some really tough defences with 4th or 5th flag… Was surprised and can’t offer a reasonable explanation. :joy:

1 Like

Their teams may have looked weak but it’s what you do not see. I have several Heroes sitting at 70 waiting for ascension. I can put them together and do some damage. What color tank do you use?

Purple. But you know, I remember myself being level 34-35, it was not that long ago. I didn’t have 6 war teams capable of bringing down strong defences just like that. The guy destroyed the team with Kunchen tank, Aegir flank, Mother North wing, and there were Joon and Seshat. :joy:
Mono? Lucky board? No idea.

Also slow Heroes have better defense generally. I used my slow 4 stars and was amazed at the high power teams I took out :grin: