New war pause, new update - any guess what's coming?

total aside…but how can there always be an even number of alliances. Does an alliance get a “bye week” if there isn’t an even number of teams?

What an interesting question. Perhaps the Devs fabricate a balanced team to face them?

That would be absolutely unfair, since it is SG who marks the pairings and with little fortune. I, in my previous alliance , to win 6 to lose 8 just by changing the algorithm. It can not count only victories being so bad the selection.

Make it like the Monsters chest. Kill 30 heros in war, individually, to open it.

6 Likes

There is one huge problem with your idea. Currently we have to play like a team to win a war. With your idea everyone will try to fill the chest and fights will be for sure. Do we need it? I don’t think so.

So whats the issue. They play for the team or play for themselves…happens in sports all the time and it seems to work.

That’s a better idea than how it will be.

I better prefer peace. Anyway soon we will find out what developers are bringing to us.

But war is a team event. It’s someties better just to weaken someone for someone else.

1 Like

Indeed wars were designed for team play, the closest it gets to individual is the list of top scorers. Even then they what halved the point value of defeating the team, I don’t recall their reasoning.

5 war wins to fill a chest will be quite the process, even winning 5 straight will take time. That’s a bitter pill to swallow, unless they take that chest and put guaranteed 3* and 4* non farm mats. I don’t think we’ll get so lucky since they just introduced atlantis chests.

If the 5 war wins is indeed fact, and matchmaking and play is perfect, at 50% win it takes 10 wars to fill a chest. That’s the matching desired, and that chest will not fill often.
I hope the 5 wins is incorrect.

I hope the awards are extraordinary (better than the elementary chest).

The wars give 50% of victories and 50% of defeats (on average, considering normal luck and tight matches).
That means that if the war chest is like that of titans (5 wins to open it) you can open one every 5 weeks (a top alliance every 3 weeks)
That is a ratio worse than that of the elementary chests

3 Likes

War chest, indeed.

We’ll see how that works. If it’s based on 5 war victories then it’s going to be the toughest chest to fill to date - it’ll take long even if you win every war and with the matchmaking right now impossibly long for some. So I’m imagining the reward will be proportional to that.

But perhaps the devs will surprise us with another unit to fill the chest? Like taking out full teams? Or finishing off teams?

One goal the devs may want to achieve here is to increase participation. I suppose - just by how the human mind works - a personal target may be more effective here than a team target.

If you make the chest per hero killed you might as well delete wars from the game. Wars and strategies and team effort will be totally lost if each player plays 100% for themselves. Lower members will never fill chests and top players will kill off all the easy targets … say good bye to alliances then as well for that matter.

Chest can fill for everyone equally. Wars are a team effort.

1 Like

sg could make a chest of 6, 2 points for winning the war and 1 for losing so everyone would participate and the chest could be filled

7 Likes

I hope SG will implement the way how you suggested. Great idea. 1.5 weeks against 3 weeks to finish a chest (from 3 wins to 3 losses). Good range.

We could fill the chest after every war… with at least 3 wins the chest gets green (better loot, something between titan chest and elemental chest). With 3 or more losses, the chest gets red and gives normal loot (like diamond tier raid chest loot)

1 Like

The only possible war chest is for participating or for used flags. If they put for victories, individual or alliance and the booty deserves they will have loaded the game without solution and they will have to close it. If the people for a miserable chest drop trophies, for a good booty they will lose a thousand and they will throw out the new ones.

I honestly don’t believe we would fill a chest just participating on wars and using 1 flag

1 Like

War chest 0/5, every win gives +1 and probably no more mercenaries (leaving alliance will cancel you chest, beta test).

Well, they will see what they do. Unless they shield everyone where they are, diamond, platinum, etc. we will see teams of 4000 in bronze and wars of teams of 3 * against teams of 5 * Hotm. Brain for what?