NEW Valor Chests Discussion; Added in V37 for PoV9 [Master / Explanation]

So it’s a trap basically SG praying on the weak as thay will buy it. That’s nice of them.

Correct.

Per the OP, the second avatar is only available to those who spend for the bigger offer.

At least that’s the way this is working in Puzzle Combat.

1 Like

Dunno, it’s my understanding (possibly wrong) that the Path of Value might bring 4* AM and we all know that’s the bottleneck for spenders as it stands.

We also have to keep in mind that not all the population of players makes “worth” consideration: there are those who like aesthetics, those who like to pull the lever and those who need to pull the lever.

As it stands, wherever you buy chances the loot includes my criticism.
I’m totally ok with non-P2W mechanics so avatars, costumes, special animations and whatnot only for payers has my +1.

This is… Upsetting as the second ones are female and I’d like to use them as a woman myself.
Will they at least be visible so that i know it’s worth to buy or not ? I mean the avatars. Because if it’s very nice, i might get the more expensive pass…

2 Likes

They just want players to spend more by creating yet another Paywall. Buy the basic pack for basic rewards. Buy the premium pack to get that Mega Valor chest, which is supposed to have higher value items. Until they actually list the possible items and their corresponding percentages in that Mega Valor chest, a player can still get items that are Farmable, like nuggets or dragon bones or tall boots or …

I would request to see the expected contents of this Mega Valor chest before buying the premium pack, unless all I really want is the 9000 Valor points because I will be handicapped in some way from completing some of the challenges. Because the next POV will feature titan Challenge with * and raid challenge by tiers.

Will this information be released upfront to let Players decide if they want to spend their money? I doubt it.

Congratulations!!! You have reached level 37. Purchase POV for your rewards… gota love in game notifications

You can always see the avatar by clicking on the icon.

I’m guy and don’t really care about the avatars, but I do think they need to vary up which one is on which path/offer. I’ve seen this complaint for awhile now.

1 Like

Maybe no panda bears play but what about penguins? :grin:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the “Do X Summons” task that you can only complete if you have VIP or buy gems. As F2P in a small alliance (by choice), these are the two that irk me the most. In that regard, I guess it’s a good thing that the Valor chest loot on the free side is going to suck anyway. At least I won’t be missing anything important just because we never kill anything above a four-star titan.

1 Like

Don’t forget the “Do X Summons” task that you can only complete if you have VIP or buy gems

Untrue. My alt (f2p) account finishes the Summon X meta every time. It just takes some planning and patience. Save your grey tokens and you blow through it.

Over 50 days, you get:

• 50 daily pulls
  • 10+ event pulls (challenges, ToL, Costume chamber, story)
  • 10-15 ETTs

Between gems and grey tokens you only need about another 175. If you fill chests regularly, hit titans, etc, you should average something like 20-30 tokens per week => 7 weeks = 140-210. And if you use none in the 7-10 days between POVs, that’s an extra 20 or so going in.

Right now, my alt has 176 grey tokens in store because I have trained myself not to use them, and I’ll need to spend maybe 20 to finish off Summon X this time.

Discipline. Don’t finish Summon X on day 1. Use those daily free pulls to pad it out and save up. Even if you have enough to just bust through it, leave a gap of about 100 to absorb the free pulls you do get and finish it off in the last couple of days. Always be planning ahead to the next one. And if by some chance there is no Summon X in a PoV, don’t touch your stores; keep a stock of 150-200 against the future.

As a side note, I completely omit EHT from the enumeration of pulls. These are a special case since best practice is to save up for Seasonals. They will help bring down your needed total 4x per year, probably to the tune of about 10 each time – I hit about the 8-12 range on my f2p.

11 Likes

I stand corrected, then, but I still don’t think this one should be included. It forces you to delay leveling the heroes you would have given those summoned feeders to. When most of the other tasks are things you could pretty much do by accident with regular play, something like this shouldn’t require that much advanced planning. Others are free to disagree with that, of course. Just my opinion.

The titan star one penalizes small alliances who can’t kill larger titans, which I don’t think should happen, either, but that’s a different issue. I’m completely fine with the one that is just “kill X number of titans”. That’s something you should be doing anyway. Even a solo alliance can string together enough 1- and 2-stars to complete that one.

1 Like

Going from what @Guvnor posted in the OP and what others who play PC have said the quality of loot on the free side is going to be similar to a normal monster chest whereas the paid side has a better chance (but RNG gonna RNG) of better loot.

Even with that for POV the spend side is always better anyway so dont see this as a massive drawback. I think most people who spend on POV do so based on getting 2 four star AM’s from lvl 48, dont see this changing one way or another - except possibly for newer players who may buy the higher cost deal to get the extra 9k points to get them to lvl 48 if they couldn’t before.

To be fair, it only delays leveling in between PoVs. Feel free to level all you want during PoV, but you can limit yourself to 225 grey summon tokens in addition to the daily to max it out. Even then, you’ll probably summon during the events and challenges… ninja troops, etc. Strangely I found that silver tokens aren’t too useful for leveling because I get a bunch of troops.

2 Likes

If people are prepared to pay 200 gems for a ‘turd’ avatar, why would they?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s still the same as currently where if you tap on the Avatar thing in the offer, you can see what the avatar looks like.

This is false, like I said earlier, buying EITHER of the Valor Passes unlocks the Mega Valor Chest… It’s the Paid Reward in Node 50. So any valor pass purchase unlocks ALL the Paid Rewards…

The ONLY thing that the premium offer gives that the regular valor pass does not is +9k additional points and an additional avatar (and 700 gems)… That’s it.

1 Like

Who cares…about a gold ring around your avatar lol…i wouldnt want that…

That is unlikely to come to Empires and Puzzles.

In PC there are no Pins or backgrounds. And the Avatar is Circular not rectangular.

Don’t forget the gold ring around your avatar so everyone knows you’re a big spender. Put a ring in it… :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m biased but I think that gems/cash for cosmetics (such as avatar and skins) is the best for everyone.

2 Likes

Tried searching, but is this the gold ring around the avatar? @Guvnor
I don’t recall seeing avatars ever display like this in the shop. Maybe I never noticed.

3 Likes