NEW Valor Chests Discussion; Added in V37 for PoV9 [Master / Explanation]

Feature added in version 37

TLDR

• Unconfirmed yet, but this is how SGG runs the Valor Chests in Puzzle Combat
  • No more avatars as PoV rewards, only when buying the Valor Pass
  • Instead get “Valor Chests” which may / (probably) not be good.
  • Excess Valor points fill extra Valor chests.

Explanation

To explain (initially) I will illustrate using Puzzle Combat stuff as this feature has been in PC for about 6 months now.

Essentially this change has 3 parts to it’s

1. restructuring of Rewards.
  2. restructuring of the Valor Pass Offer
  3. addition of the Valor Chests.

1 - Reward Restructuring

Under the current PoV structure, Node 50 currently has 2 avatars available. One on Valor Reward and one on Free Reward.

This will not be the case, with the avatars moved into the Valor Pass Purchase (see below).

Instead, node 50 will have Valor Chests.

The free side is a regular Valor Chest, and has fairly minimal loot. I’ve not seen much / any real good stuff come out of them… Maybe an Unfarmable 3* material at best…?

The premium side has an Elite (Mega) Valor Chest which has some good stuff in it. It even has the chance to give 4* AMs…

Think of it like comparing a monster chest and an elemental chest. One has better chances than the other at good stuff but you’re probably going to be disappointed either way!! :joy::joy::joy:

2 - Valor Pass Restructure.

Currently, there is only a single Valor pass offer made. That is 300 gems, an EHT and access to all the “Premium” side rewards.

The new offer, if it’s the same as in PC which I very much expect it will be, will now have 2 (TWO) offers. You can buy one OR the other… Not both.

To be clear, both offers unlock the entire “paid rewards” side of the PoV rewards, including the elite Valor chest on Node 50.

The basic offer is the same as currently. $9.99 USD (ex tax) for the Premium rewards, EHT, 300 gems but also added is an avatar (what used to be on the Free Rewards).

The super expensive offer is $29.99 USD (ex tax) and unlocks the premium rewards, two avatars (Free & Premium one under current PoV rewards), 1000 gems, the EHT and also a bonus 9,000 Valor points.

Price shown is in Canadian $. USD pricing is $9.99 and $29.99 ex taxes.

3 - Valor Chests.

In addition to the Node 50 Valor chests, there is also bonus Valor chests available.

These get filled with excess Valor points beyond node 50.

Every 1000 excess Valor points unlocks 1x Valor chest. This is NOT the premium chest but is the same as the Valor chest on the free rewards side.

:link: Related Threads

28 Likes

This is NOT active until PoV9. Won’t change the current PoV at all.

7 Likes

I’m so confused …changed that I do understand now lol

The Elite (Mega) Valor Chest is available only when you purchase the Elite Premium Pass or purchase of basic offer is enough?

I like the avatars… It is a unique gift. If it’s gone, how do we get avatars of HOTMs?

So pretty much avatars only for real money and a new offer … oh and a minimal chance of bonus loot.

Best thing about PoV: Guaranteed loot. That’s now no more.

Sucks that the avatars are now unavailable for f2P and one gets locked behind a much higher offer.

16 Likes

Yeah, PoV was too much of a bargain, it called for a 300% price adjustment :roll_eyes:

[I know, you can keep current situation. But still]

11 Likes

The rest of the PoV rewards is unchanged.

So nodes 1-49 will still be the same I expect, just Node 50 changing.

4 Likes

The avatars, like I said in the OP, will be part of the Valor Pass Offers.

So no free avatar anymore?

Based on how they run this in Puzzle Combat, no.

Like I said:

5 Likes

Might aswell join the other game

6 Likes

Either Valor Pass. It’s the Node 50 reward on the “paid rewards” side.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of two offers available at once and only being able to purchase one…

What if I make up my mind? What if I end up missing these 9,000 points to a good reward?

I used to be buying PoV premium at Day 1, but now will be probably confused right till the very end which option should I go for.

Especially that the more expensive one is really… overpriced? Costs 3x more, but gives you: 700 more gems, 2 avatars (sucks to make these purchasable only by the way) and 9,000 Valor points which are pointless if you are able to make same amount by grinding. Unless you gamble that for (if I understand correctly) 9 rolls for valor chest right at the end if you are above level 50?

I don’t like it at all. PoV was nice “you get what you pay for” feature that was really worth the price and time investment. Now this change deters me. It sounded exciting on the release notes, but now with these details it really looks like crappy change.

36 Likes

To be clear:

• You can still buy the same offer you currently have available
  • The rest of the rewards is the same; so the value for $ hasn’t changed for the “normal” PoV offer… If anything it’s actually better as you get more loot as Node 50 is now actual loot rather than an avatar.
  • Yes, the premium offer gives 9k bonus points which can translate to +9 bonus Valor chests

Overall I personally don’t find the “premium offer” to be even close to good value… HOWEVER it does have value to those players who may be missing say 9k or less points from reaching node 48 (4* AM) or even Node 50 (the mega Valor crate). Is it worth being triple the price? Probably not imho but… :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Yup, what I mean is it gets random loot introduced to PoV that was all about guaranteed loot so far… And more random loot which you can buy 9 rolls of should you go for the more expensive offer, but 90% of time you will end up disappointed of it… still messing up with our ‘inner gamblers’…

And then, the avatars being moved to premium features - and not just that, but the fact you can from now on only collect all of them when you pay for the huge offer that’s otherwise worthless…

No thanks. Someone really put a wrong price tags on these things.

I know I can just buy the regular pass and forget about this change. I grind to level 50 the first day possible anyway. But some people are in position where they are not sure whether they may need these 9000 points or not. So basically buying this offer on Day 1 will be stupid thing to do - you buy the cheap one but at the end of PoV miss points to get ascension mats but can no longer buy them since you already bought cheap version OR you get the expensive one but realized toward the end you didn’t need it (and the 9 rolls give you power leaves and sandals). Either way, +1 to frustration.

1 Like

So the key takeaway is to not buy the Valor pass until you’re sure that it’s going to be worthwhile?

Sounds like the advice I gave back in PoV1 :stuck_out_tongue:

23 Likes

Hmm avatars behind paywall that could mean they are going to be used for some benefits not just being cosmetic hehe. I know a ‘‘game’’ skins pins avatars all give bonuses whether being permanent or within a certain timeframe.

In Puzzle Combat, can you achieve the maximum rewards without the extra 9000 points?

I’m really not thrilled about this. Taking the EHT away from the $10 level and replacing it with an avatar stinks.

And I’m still very unhappy about the recent change to dailies. I’ve somehow missed 3 or 4 days of them. No idea how. But not going to get that last tier (not that I need it), it’s annoying. For many, it would mean not getting to 50, of even 48.

2 Likes

I like replacing an avatar with actual loot. Whether it looks like monster chest loot or recycled goblin balloon loot will be interesting to see, but even if it’s crap chest loot, I’d still prefer it to avatar.

I like having two purchase options. Some people will find value and will buy it so good for them. Some people will buy it without really knowing if it’s a good idea, but I’m sure this isn’t the only suboptimal decision folks are making. Hopefully this makes them more money!
I do like Guv’s point that purchases the premium option is great if you want to those extra points to get a specific piece of loot.

At first I didn’t like the extra levels/chests as I normally do as little as possible to get to the end of POV. I guess there’s more reason to do so now. Not happy about randomly playing season 2 and 3 stages when I don’t want to, but I’ll give it a go the first time.

Just to stir drama…this will widen the gap between f2p and p2p!

8 Likes