[KNOWN ISSUE] New Update Turns Off Music/Podcasts when Game Boots (iOS)

Minor issue but slightly annoying - when you open the app if you’ve hard closed it, the music/podcast/whatever audio shuts off.

3 Likes

I don’t have that issue but I have sound and music turned off.

1 Like

I wonder if this has any relationship to fixing this:

@PrincessTO Are you on Android or iOS?

1 Like

iOS
I always play with a podcast on and it shuts off my podcast. At first I thought I did something wrong but the app just stopped.

2 Likes

That seems a little less likely to be related, then, unless the fix for Android affected iOS too.

Is this new as of Version 20, or did it happen in the old version too?

1 Like

In had this same issue with v19 with music playing for about a half second even with it turned off on battles and raids. Closing the app and restarting resolves it. This was on Android.

Was better then not being able to connect like now on V20 :grimacing:

1 Like

@zephyr1 I have this issue as well. I’m running the game on an Apple product with the latest update. I play music regularly (Every day, all day at work) through Spotify and have never had the music interrupted when logging into E&P.

This started immediately after doing the update to V20. I was on an older version of iOS when I initially installed the update (just got lazy and didn’t update. :laughing:). I thought that might be the issue so I did the iOS update. No change - The music is stopped and I have to access the Spotify app to start it again.

Not life threatening by any means but definitely annoying since I’m accessing E&P probably a little more than I should :rofl:

2 Likes

I have the same problem listening to SiriusXM on iPhone and having it stop when I launch E&P. I have sounds of all types off on E&P. This is a new problem since v20. Anoying since I am in and out of E&P all day long and kill it when I exit because it’s a battery hog.

1 Like

The new update 20.0 don’t let me log in my Samsung Galaxy note 10. My wife can’t neither, pls help. She have Samsung Note 10 as well.

1 Like

Now when I open the game turns off my radio. Before it would keep playing my radio app when you open the game. It will play after opening the game but it will stop the radio from playing and I have to press play again. iPhone 6S plus latest iOS and just updated the game March 22nd. Thank you.

1 Like

Has there been a moderator response to this bug?

1 Like

Moderators are just players who volunteer to help out on the Forum. :slight_smile:

You presumably want a developer or Staff response, from someone who actually works for SGG. They don’t typically reply to Forum threads directly very often, particularly for smaller issues. More often they just fix the bugs at some point (hopefully).

1 Like

My audio stream is stopped when booting up the game. Once the game is running, I can restart the audio app and have both running.

iPhone XR running 12.1.4
E&P v20 download (3/22/19 @ 5:30AM PST)
Confirmed bug on Apple Music, TuneIn, iHeart and Radio.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. Only happens after the app has been closed

iPhone 8+ running 12.1.4
E&P version 20.1.1
Affecting Spotify and Overcast.

1 Like

Still having this issue after updating to iOS 12.2

1 Like

I came to report the same bug but saw this post. This began 2 updates ago. Have been playing almost two years and this issue wasn’t present before.

IPhone 6. Stops music, podcasts, pandora, etc. very annoying.

1 Like

Would be nice to know that it’s been logged. I’m sure it’s not viewed as a severe bug as it doesn’t affect game play. But still…

1 Like

I agree. Audio should be mixed with my other apps. It should 100% NOT take over audio on my device. I play without sound anyways.

Moderators, please post to confirm if this is intentional (and if so, the thought process behind the change). or bug. Thank you.

1 Like

@zephyr1 this is a dup thread. Wanna work your magic :wink:

2 Likes

Ya, but my thread is better because I followed the rules of bug reporting. Lol! I’ll just take an Ares and some fine Finnish pickled herring for the 5 seconds of my life wasted.

1 Like