New unsporting war exploit

First, points are distributed on health, not on team power. So it’s a question of relative health.

Second, there are 1500 total points distributed across the field. So if one team goes down, others MUST go up to compensate. Those 70 points cannot vanish into the ether.

6 Likes

I miss the good old days. When I was still growing so I would put just a single 1* out for my defense team and rely on others as I couldn’t sport a 3k team. For the newer players, yes you could do that once.

1 Like

Now I’m thinking about the good, old days… rocking on my porch telling the new kids that “before the wars everything was different”.

“We fed away all our 3 stars, most of our 4 stars, too”. After building a couple of strong teams, who needed more!

6 Likes

I’m gonna go full anecdotal mode here. My clan has been through that scenario you mention a few times. We had to let go a few of our old inactive members who were participating in AW but weren’t attacking properly. They were basically free points for the enemy team. They were getting free loot with minimal effort. A single attack every 2 wars, that’s all they did for weeks.

My clan had to lower the cup requirements once those members were gone. It’s not easy to recruit lvl 30+ members. Once we did we got new members fast but these new guys were too active for their own good, lol. Since day one they put their low level defense teams in war. 2* and 3* heroes mostly. Their teams were also free points for the enemy but at least they were making a few points for our clan, earning their keep.

I don’t think doing that is a strategy or an exploit, scam or whatever. I mean, your clan was probably on a winning streak so it got paired against the strong russian/japanese clan. It happens. The mercs they supposedly hired don’t get 100% participation in the war chest so imo, if they were using that ‘strategy’ they’re actually not very smart.

3 Likes

If you lost 70 points worth, other defenses in your alliance have to pick up those 70 points among them.

1 Like

When wars were relatively new, this was referred to as the Fabian strategy. You’re welcome to read more about it in the link below, but the summary is that this “exploit” is almost always more harmful than helpful to the team using it.

3 Likes

Bwahahaha love it.

Back then things were different. I remember thinking “I can’t wait to field a fully levelled rainbow team of mighty 3* titans upon my unsuspecting enemies.”

Now days it’s “how tough is maxed Rigard with 10 emblems?”

1 Like

I think we’re ready for a new thread :joy:

3 Likes

Gotcha.

2 Likes

How do you know they are from Japan? Because of the flag? I mean, we use the sweedish flag so we can use american curse words, but oddly we can’t type the word Fan because it is a sweedish profanity.

1 Like

The individual impact to war calculation that an account provides is determined by that accounts top 30 heroes. Therefore, if you are experience level 30 account with 15 fully leveled 4* and 5* heroes but you set your defense to 1000 you are really screwing your alliance. Your opponents will be matched against your top 30 heroes, so putting a weaker defense only allows them to use more flags against higher opponents. You will be guaranteed to lose all of your defense and the enemy will only have to use 1 flag each time to beat you, and probably with weaker 3* heroes.

You always want to put your best defense forward in war to make your enemy use more flags, otherwise you are giving them free points and skewing the battle in their favor.

1 Like

It certainly does. There is a preset amount of points for the entire alliance, and it is split amongst them based on HP of their defense. If it did not do this optimal defense would just be to have EVERY team run only one level 1 defender worth like 10 points.

1 Like

Sounds like just another day in garbage alliance wars.

Wish SG had spent as much time on S2 as they had on this

I dont understand the complaint. You’re losing because the opponent made half of their teams TOO easy to kill? I presume since you cannot trade heroes they cannot make their other teams stronger as a result. Since your ranking for matchmaking is based on your best 30 heroes, not your defense, it’s the same quality of opponent you are facing just with free points

2 Likes

In hypothetical scenario wheee team of 25 extremely strong players combined with 5 fake/super weak players gest matched against a team of 30 average players, they can count on scoring 250 points each (or something like that), leading to 6k+ final score. Not sure of system can really be exploited like that but it’s an interesting idea.

This was an issue early on in war matchmaking, but adjustments have been made to lend heavier weight in matchmaking to the 5 strongest heroes of each roster (the presumptive defense) as they will have an outsized impact on the war. The teams should therefore end up being fairly evenly matched, with slightly stronger defenses being balanced against deeper benches.

2 Likes

Well, but in this case the teams are also not able to make a good amount of points. Even if you have just 2-3 heroes left of a defense from a TP of 4xxx, a team with around 1000 Points will not be able to make points.

Therefore, you have the advantage of 30 flags.

Not entirely true. Not if you use another little trick.

My second account exactly do this.
Is unleveled, but still active.

All my heroes are at lv1 or close to that, but i still claim Mystic vision and hit titans.

I never claim or consume heroes, but my roster still increase due silver tokens and free daily pulls.

20200722_090942

This way even if my account is lv12, i can color stack 5 for any given color all 6 teams.

You don’t do miracles, but is completely possible to wipe out once a completely maxed 4* team.

Meanwhile your stronger teams wipe out multiple times those teams worth more points

2 Likes

Not worth the points. I can take out 5 or 6 4000+ teams per war most of the time, netting me an average of over 500, counting the times of terrible luck. Taking out a team worth less than 50 points 5 times isn’t even close to that.

This same player took out multiple 4000+ teams on my alliance. So we netted less than 150 points off beating him 4 times, and he netted 600 points off us.

It also allowed for the majority of their players to have higher power levels than ours, making our victories more difficult. They nerf one team to exploit the matchmaking, then take advantage of the other alliance.

Fix this.