đŸ” New Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

Did you watch above my videos? Epic last stage finished easily with classic heroes only, like yours. See what you can improve
 For being easier to find: đŸ” New Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event – FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results - #117 by Scarecrow

2 Likes

Just completed legendary this AM. I used same team for both epic and legendary.

Double Proteus was extremely helpful. Epic seemed pretty easy all the way through and I placed well so haven’t needed to go back for better scores yet.

Legendary was fairly easy until the last two stages. Those last two they changed the boards and I had mostly green and yellow tiles, lolz. I didn’t add time stops to my items until the very last stage, before that it was minor health pots.

Rare was actually the most difficult for me and I had to use continue gems to complete it. Maybe I need to give some 3* heroes emblems because rare is always the most difficult. I see lots of people using multiple Namahage so I feel stupid for tossing two and keeping two.

Going back to farm for (my first) chests. This is my third event in a row where not a single chest has shown up during completion efforts, always have to go back to farm them.

5 Likes

Who should I try to take out first if I can on Legendary Final Bosses?
I will be using Miki + Proteus so don’t want to take out the middle guy first, so should I try to kill Rabbit or Alice first? And then after that, who?

Thanks in advance.

I am going to take 5 bombs, 5 dragon, and 20 healing pots and 10 mana (i ask who to kill first because I don’t want to waste all this and then have to make them all again)

IMO, it doesn’t matter, both has almost the same with fast mana.

If you bring +att heroes or bear banner then white rabbit 1st, if you bring +def heroes or turtle banner then Alice 1st.

EDIT: wait, both is undispellable, so it is not valid argument, I’m sorry. No solution here. I’m give up :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My biggest problem, from Stage 14, I ran out of mana and healing pots, and was left with QoD the first time and she killed all of my heroes because her special is to reduce my special by about 50%.

So I am just hoping for the “least badass” of them to be remaining. I mean, the second time I did Stage 14, I killed QoD first, and that made killing the other 2 easier, even without the Mana and Healing, because.

So who is the MOST annoying and least annoying, so who would I NOT want there Special going off, or who’s special would be the worst and cause damage to my team?

Hope I make sense, my apologize if not.

I also thought rare was unusually tricky this time, but managed to do it with no gems and no emblems. Maybe more than 1 try on the last two stages, I can’t remember.

1 Like

OK, I am glad you posted that as I tried to update to v25 put it isn’t there in the google store yet. I have the old card and that new stuff on the bottom about blocking is the issue.
I was under the impression that her and later Ursena would relfect damage back at 115% which is fine and easy. I also thought that basically anything that came at them from an ICE hero was reflected as well. Not just blocked but sent back and they got whatever they sent. Doesn’t matter what it was it should be whatever is on the skill section of the card should be reflected not just blocked.

I am fairly sure, though I didn’t track, that she did reflect the skills back. I am gald she blocks them and its a huge help but that reflect skill is the key and really important for Ursena vs. Guin since its not damage but Guin’s skill that you want to reverse. It seems to me that this change is a move to keep Guin as the top of the hero pile even if it means changing the intent of other cards. I think that in the future this is going to cause more issues with newer skills.

Now, as for Sonya and Frida it used to work that they took the damage but at the end of turn whoever they hit wouldn’t be covered by the reflect skill. Frida hits 3 and Sonya hits all(the buff remove). Now you also have the issue of Pierce which can go through the effect and I have had it happen. So would this be blocked?

I think they are making a mess and building what is going to be a Rube Goldberg problem when it really doesn’t have to be.

I mean before when Snow White was announced, a few people other than myself wrote right away that this would remove Mitsuko’s effectiveness as a tank since but now it would basically make Snow White less Useful out of the gate. IDK, I guess I will see but it sux that its the one great hero I have that isn’t a S1 and they have to mess with it. Go mess with Ursena, I don’t have her
LOL. I would take her though SG, in any form too I really don’t care!

1 Like

I don’t know if you mean epic or legendary but I did them without mana pots as I am totally out. It can be done with time stops and axes, bombs, dragons with Kiril, BT, Magni, Joon, Mitsuko (replace her with another hero you have). In Epic I did it with no mana again Kiril, Rigard, Triton, Grimm, Kelile(I have Scarlett but used her for burn damage). I also have Proteus and will try a run through with him later but it can be done.

Also see Scarecrow’s posts as he is posting a roster of S1 heroes for both Epic and Leg. Good luck.

Not to sure, I went in hoping it would but didn’t take the time to check
 I might redo it and tape it so then I can verify it better.

I now only have the ladt level of rare and epic to go,waiting on flags as can be bothered using one of my 30 W.E flasks, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CHEERS

To be honest, I found it the easiest of the three revised challenges, so far. I took bombs, axes, and two types of mana. I did the damage I needed to do and then finished them off with the items. I lost one hero trying to do as much damage as I could before unloading my arsenal, but I never felt uncertain.

That is not an especially impressive lineup for taking on epic difficulty. You have two healers who do poor tile damage, even when their attack buffs are up. Unless your purple is Gill-ra, you have no one to lower defense or attack. The bosses hit hard. You need to be able to mitigate that to keep yourself alive. You don’t have mana control (neither did I) because Chao’s ability is really minor.

For comparison, my lineup was not that different, but it synergizes very well. Scarlett, Sonya, Gormek, Triton, and Rigard - all maxed, some with emblems, none higher than 9. Sonya could have been replaced with any non-green sniper though if you’re careful, you can get by with a green sniper, too - just don’t target Hatter. You can also take a green healer if Melendor is your best healer. Tile damage is so low it’s not going to kill him. since I don’t need her dispel against the bosses. But she’s sturdy and hits hard enough.

This is the puzzle aspect of the game’s title. You have to figure out how to time your heals to avoid refreshing the debuff. White Rabbit is tougher because the defense debuff lasts for four turns, but Alice is only three. My recommendation is to heal right after you get hit with one. That way your heroes are topped up, but you don’t extend the duration of the debuff.

Here’s another part of the puzzle strategy to consider with your lineup: you don’t have a dispeller, but you have two buffers. Hatter steals buffs and hands them out to the bosses. If you buff Alice with Boldtusk’s +48% attack, of course she’s going to wreck you. She hits like a truck without a buff. If you debuff the bosses instead, they can’t dispel it or use it against you.

2 Likes

@notyou87 My biggest problem with 14 was actually Jabbawock. His pancake special is definitely devastating if you aren’t paying attention. QoH and Capt. Diamonds were just fine to deal with. Jabbawock actually cost me 75 gems. 15 should be fine for me, just waiting on some items before tackling it. If I had Gormek on both Alt #1 and my main, then I could pile on the fire for Hatter. I would take Gormek, Li Xiu, Proteus, Colen, Cyprian. Not in that order but that would be my personal ideal line up for Epic 15.

Finished Rare so I am done all of them now. Rare wasn’t bad and I actually had no healers. I only have Belith maxed and I do have Hawkmoon but she is only partial and since I was moving up with Melendor and Kiril she got ignored.

Rare was Buchan, Namahage, Nashgar, Valen, Greymane. Valen is a huge help with the defense down and Buchan is very nice with his mana cut and mana buff to allies. I did lose a hero or two but wasn’t ever in real danger even without a hero as I took the small and large health pots, turtle banners and arrows just in case. Best thing was to leave Hatter as I did in the other levels. With rabbit gone since I don’t have Mits again I dealt with Alice next. I left Hatter because he can be hurt a lot more with red tiles than Alice so I aim the damage at her and then take out Hatter with tiles and then damage from snipers after Alice is gone.
I could have had a better blue than Greymane but I stopped leveling them ages ago.
Anyhow, they seem to be getting harder with the higher HP but this one wasn’t as bad as the others. I think Avalon was really bad with Guin and LOTL and I finally got pirates done but it was also harder on LEgendary with the new heroes. Here there was not mana it was defense to deal with. Not easy since they hit very hard even with the slash attacks but it is possible.

Good luck everyone. Oh, not a single coin in the entire rare playthrough. Only 1 in legendary and 3 in epic. I have 21 with the ones I got from completion (7,5,3 - 15) plus the ones I got from chests and a few from the last event after the pull that got me Peters (the Peter pull? LOL)

1 Like

Finished.

Rare

Epic

Stage 15: Wu kong replaced with Proteus.

Legendary

photo_2019-11-15_05-45-12

2 Likes

Just a shout out here to be very very careful with using Boldtusk on Hatter in the last boss stage of epic or for that matter legendary
 if he takes your attack buff and white rabbit has debuff on you, you can die very very quickly
 As I learnt the hard way

On my second try I brought Merlin to contain Hatter

1 Like

Proteus, king of wonderland. :shushing_face: nothing more to say

2 Likes

I did as well and replaced him with Rigard. I did still take Kiril and got through it but Kiril does give the defense buff along with attack. This is a good tip though since he is going to be popular with the red stacks.

2 Likes

This is golden. Thanks for sharing.

I forgot to post. I completed it first try and took out right, left then middle.
I used Dragon Attacks, Bombs, Health and Mana like I said I was going to, and all of my heroes survived.

This was the first time I ever completed Legendary on anything, it was great.
I dont care about rankings or score, I am just happy to have completed ALL difficulties and will appreciate and happily accept any rewards at the end.

:smiley:

Congrats :+1: what heroes do you bring?

I had maxed: Kiril, Rigard and Kelile.
And then 2/60 Miki and 3/60 Proteus.
My Mana went on my Miki and Proteus and Health pots were distributed amongst those 2 MOSTLY, but some times I needed a few on Rigard because they seemed to want to kill him lol.

I am just so happy. I was honestly expecting to die on that for the first try. I definitely did get lucky towards the end and had some nice tile combinations with diamonds. SO I was able to keep Proteus on top of Mana control (and good because I had used every item I took).

2 Likes