:monellenges: Pch ge

Exactly, personally I’ll stop cashing entirely if this happens and eventually will leave the game.

Reasons explained here Pay2Participate Content (New Raid Challenges). What do you think? - #147 by Voshi

3 Likes

To me it is a sad day that charging for any event, comes into play. When New heroes come up, sure I have to get gems if i want to participate and that adds up enough. Then I farm a lot too, to get ascension mats. If we have to pay gems for events as well , then I will not be participating. I mean , many of us invest time,money, endurance- in the game and I’m just a small fish in a big pond, here. If the decision is made to charge- most of us will be gobbled up ! I hope whom ever is making this decision- makes a wise one. I know many in the youth group plays- and that may affect that part of your marketing as well. Lets look at what we already purchase…Heroes, HOTH, Atlantis pulls, World energy-if needed,raid energy-if needed, some materials like Dragon fire and life potions,so many days to not be raided, extra storage for hereos, extra teams , etc. In the store, Avatars and I know I’m leaving out some things . “BUT” Charging for any Battle is over the top… Haven’t we already earned the right to participate in any of the battles,quest,specials? I know everyone may feel differently and these are my feelings about this particular situation. Thanks everyone, for your time.

5 Likes

I’m a cheap player, not a totally free player, but this is something I definitely would not waste gems or real money on.

4 Likes

I “voted” accidentally while trying to scroll…

I don’t know how to change vote here, but I wouldn’t pay. Not because I’m f2p, but because such challenges should be free.

4 Likes

This is the same as saying I should spend for flasks and items over and over to keep failing the last stage of a seasonal challenge because, as you put it, how else but spending do you get good.

2 Likes

I voted for the F2P option but that’s not really true for me.

I am a cash player, I don’t spend obscene amounts but I do invest in 1 or 2 ten pulls a month and some of the special offers so am probably spending about £20 to £50 a month.

I’m comfortable with that spending and don’t begrudge it but for me that is purely optional spending in a F2P game.

This new development though really does have me considering my future in the game.

For me nothing in this game can’t be achieved without paying(apart from maybe placing on the leaderboards on events), all paying does is speed progress up.

You play long enough, regularly enough, efficiently enough and get a little luck and you can fill 6 maxed war teams, you can compete in diamond to a certain extent and you can take down the big titans.

However, this is something new and locking content behind a paywall will be the beginning of the end.

You look at every big F2P game there has been and all the ones that have died have died because of similar nickel and diming of players.

Pay to win is the nature of most F2P games but the real trick is in keeping the balance so that dedicated F2P players can still compete on at least some level.

Pay to play on the other hand is another beast entirely and one that I certainly won’t engage in.

7 Likes

Where is 10,000 gems? Bwahahhaah. Poor fellows

1 Like

100 gems if the rewards are worth it like rare materials decent trainer hero’s 3* epic tokens ect !!! Otherwise I’m not interested !!!
Depending on the rewards I’d even consider 200 gems monthly !! But that would have to be rings tonic’s telescope darts tabard !!! Guaranteed !!! Btw

2 Likes

I might be willing to drop a few gems here and there to boost my score.

But pay to participate? That sounds too zynga for me.

I hope the game isn’t going in a direction where content itself is behind a paywall.

Are they really going to push the game into a milking phase already? Right after takeover?

Existence of “VIP-only” areas is what pushes me away from the “bad” games.

4 Likes

It’s all relative… no matter what the cost I will try it once. If I continue to find value, I will continue to participate. I typically have gems and usually feel underwhelmed after summoning duplicate 3* and 4* heroes from the summon gate.

1 Like

For me there is missing the option like:
I already pay sometimes for gems - but I am not willing to spent them for any kind of participated related thing!

3 Likes

I would gladly pay the 100 gem entree fee. Why? Because it is REALLY fun. I also wouldn’t pay for ones I don’t think I could be competitive in. The first two in beta were catered to 3 and 4* heroes and they were awesome to play. The last one was 5* and the constraints in the real game would be too high for me to be really competitive. Again, this is all without the rewards being known.

Like a lot of threads here, the sky is not falling, it’s super early in beta, most beta testers agree with the sentiments here, and we haven’t even seen the 2nd iteration of it yet. All wound up for possibly nothing, without even trying it out. Maybe the ‘first one’s free’ to let people see if it is a feature they want to pay for.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know how it will work out it’s too soon!
If the first price for rare league tournaments is a specific legendary hero, or for legendary league a specific hotm… then I could spare 200 :gem: :stuck_out_tongue: …if the participants were less that 128-256… :thinking:
(That would mean 200x256=51.200 :gem:/tournament for SG = :moneybag:) and IMO a lot of players tired of unclucky draws would try earning their heroes this way as an alternative…
For sure I wouldn’t give anything if I was going to try to win 7-8 matches for a chest that could have just boots or wooden swords… we should know the prizes from the start…

1 Like

I wont spend on money on that

1 Like

I might compete in the ones I think I have a chance in…

“All heroes very fast” don’t even bother unless no green is also a restriction. If you don’t have Alby and/or Mother North, don’t bother.

Think about what will win under a ruleset, and if you don’t have that team, don’t bother.

1 Like

results available :slight_smile:

Decided to Flee all the first 4 atacks. And I’m already out of combat. Good luck to everybody.

:frowning: