New queen in town?

It’s more about some upcoming counter heroes than getting used to it imo.

Guin has her nightmare Sesh now with mana effect resistance. Ursl hasn’t a real couter except a good wing-play with fast snipers. Kunchen is very sturdy, but his def down can be countered easily.

It’s right that after a while there will also be better counter strategies and at least every tank dies early in approximately 1 out of 3 raids.

1 Like

I think we will see top tier alliance front green very soon. There are obviously counters to Telluria, Heim, Yunan aso. Just as it is with Guin. But the meta has made said alliances focus on purple attackers (esp with emblems). Guin might be the better tank (idk) but I think most of the top players have a better purple bench.

Why not? Same is dreaming a dream through dreams :wink:

1 Like

Instead of converting heroesor in addition to?

If instead I’d be pretty angry as recovering ascension mats almost only helps P2W/whales or players too lazy to do the quests. HA was promised to be F2p-friendly and almost every F2P (and quite a lot C2P, too) will have much more ascension than needed but too few different legendary heroes to ascend.

If in addition to converting, it would be okay, if it allows F2P/C2P to get at least a few more non vanilla heroes. Getting back ascension mats would be the P2W-part, getting more than just the same old TC20 heroes over and over again the F2P part of HA.

Remember, in contrast to Alchemy Lab, HA was promised to be F2p-friendly :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s the time for my beloved red stack, yeah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Telluria

Early reports suggest pretty strongly that Telluria has entered the upper echelon of tanks. And that she is almost certainly the best green tank. That said, I think it’s important to keep in mind the life-cycle of a tank. Every tank will be hardest to beat immediately upon release (except Aegir) for several reasons:

1. Not everyone has yet theorycrafted a counter strategy.
  2. Even once those theories are in place, some part of the player base will still need to assemble and implement those team(s).
  3. Those initial theories may not work or need tweaking.
  4. Heroes may be introduced later that more strongly counter the tank.

For me there were major inflection points in the game were I greatly struggled against a (at the time) premier tank and then later could beat them handily. The biggest were Kashhrek (this was pre-emblems and early-ish in my E&P days when my roster was still developing) and Guinevere.

Guinevere

I’ll skip using Kashhrek as an example (just briefly saying my best team against him used Sonya and Caedmon) but I think Guin is informative.

1. Knowing I was struggling with Guinevere, I asked for help. I got an immense amount of great advice in there and it’s worth reading just for Garanwyn’s post, which may be the single most valuable post I’ve ever read on the forum. It helped me think about and understand the game so much beyond dealing with just Guinevere tanks. He also makes several other very helpful posts in the thread. I miss him.

2. I prepared feeders for Seshat for 2-3 months in advance, realizing she had to be the lynchpin of my plan, pretty much just losing to Guin tanks in the meanwhile. Had I decided to go the mono route, I would have needed time to align my emblems accordingly.

3. One of the changes I made after reviewing the comments in that thread and my own tracking was that Tiburtus had to go to the bench. He just wasn’t helping enough / soon enough / in the way I needed. Mitsuko also was mostly benched against Guin. Victor was later added after his acquisition in the most recent Halloween event.

4. And, of course, many others built their purple death squads before Seshat was released. But Seshat is very much a hard counter to Guin. We don’t know what kind of heroes and effects may come out in the future, but it’s not unfathomable that a future HOTM who has a similar impact on Telluria will be released.

Conclusion

I would expect green tanks and Telluria in particular to become more prevalent. I definitely think it’s possible that some top alliances may experiment with green tanks for war (especially at Christmas time), but this will almost certainly not happen outside of the top. I think it was zephyr who pointed out that it just isn’t likely a non-top alliance has most / every member sporting Telluria or Heimdall or Yunan. So the rest would be left scrambling to use heroes from the Kadilen / Elkanen tier, with the inherent weaknesses they bring.

And if some decide to do this, they would probably be best served by doing it NOW, before everyone has strong anti-Telluria strategies in place. Personally I finally gave in and maxed Anzogh last month in anticipation of him being an option against her. I have also been debating if I should max Grimble but have so far held - I think I’ll re-evaluate after I have a few more fights against her.

13 Likes

Broke the top 100 with this team and Telly not even maxed…

8 Likes

Nice exactly rank :100:

3 Likes

One guy got global 1, just by defense with Tell as tank. 3171 cups after 2 hours offline! So she’s seems very good.

1 Like

There was a lot of skepticism when he/she got nerfed down but I think SG did it right this time…going by the results I’ve seen so far…Telly was OP…

I’ve never seen a HOTM rise to the top as far a Telly has…not even Guin or Kunch

4 Likes

Yeah this is one I really want. Hopefully Atlantis is kinder than Valhalla.

Impressive, Versatile HotM.

Well done on reaching top 100 as well

5 Likes

Very impressive new hotM indeed!
I’ve got 7 tonics but so far no luck with Telluria.
TC30 sent me Horghall instead…sigh!

1 Like

laughs while drunk on Tonic stockpile

4 Likes

That’s you…and this is me…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

you have more beer than my tonics, so you win

4 Likes

I can only speak for ourselves (7DD), but we are currently not considering changing to green tanks. And I know the same accounts for at least two other top10 alliances. :slight_smile:

Please keep in mind that ‘not considering’ does not mean we’re not open to it. There’s just not enough data / experience gained yet for Telluria as tank to make her a viable alternative to our 29 Guin tanks.

5 Likes

Well I’m the laziest raider ever and haven’t changed my raid attack team in over a year. That said Telluria is a tank I have to add to the ones I shouldn’t attack. On an average board Telluria has been way more punishing than Guin has but that’s because I run without a cleanser which in today’s format is rather bad. If Zimkitha had emblems I would switch her in and that’s why I don’t like emblems. Use an equal strength hero that isn’t the right fit or use a weaker hero that’s more suitable for the lineup. Second option better really but still puts me at a disadvantage.

I did win against a Telluria +12 tank first try. Went 1-1 against someone I don’t remember. Lost the first game against Adrian’s +18 (world nr 2 right now) and then don’t remember if he was online and I couldn’t attack or if I won the next try. And then lost 3 times in a row for the second time this year against Sballo67 at global 16.

I don’t know why I attacked White Rabbit, Vela, Telluria, Jean-François and Jabberwock with my Alberich, Gravemaker, Hel, Alasie and Zeline. Truly bad match and really beginning to notice that I’ve stopped paying. At our level we don’t face that in war but if we did I would take a different approach. Well I did it because I needed to test it but I knew it was a bad idea. Would have needed a very good to great opening board though. Just a ‘good’ wouldn’t have worked either.

Why I don’t remember is that the attacks were early this morning and I only see the last 6 hours (34 wins, 16 losses). The losses about double points than the wins, a constant 2600ish defense.

1 Like

Ursena and Kunchen quickly put purple on top. I still believe Telluria and Heimdall can push green to the same level.

Guin is nothing compared to what she use to be (and mine is soft caped at +17). Im actually happy when I see her and yellow tanks.

1 Like

Extremely good points @IvyTheTerrible, also thanks for the link. It’s now posted in my alliance notes!! I’m also adding your comment from here as many new players are terrified of Kash and I’ve been patiently working through it with them. :wink:

I remember how much I HATED Kash myself. Until I realized that maybe stacking green against him would make sense. Or running 3/2 green/red. Then I began to figure out the intricacies of this game

3 Likes

My recently acquired MN has been patiently waiting for that last tonic. So maybe it’s good I haven’t pulled her? …nah I want her now. She can wait, as long as she’s comfortably in my roster :wink:

1 Like