New players of Empires and Puzzles, don’t spend any money

This is my 10th day on game

Yes, you can’t. That’s why it is important to have a healer in your raid team.

You have a good set of heroes, but you need to level them up before expecting good results. So far you can conquer provinces and ascend your team.

Would you like to see squads that i lost because of puzzle :smile:

Switch the positions of Tibertus and Friar Tuck, for starters. Tuck is your most fragile hero, and you have him front and center like a tank, where he can get obliterated. Use either Tibs or Gormek as your central hero, with Bane on the left flank, Tuck on the far left, and Karil on the far right.

4 Likes

But he must be Between 2 heroes because he can only heal 2 heroes near and my problem is not my squad :slight_smile:

Yes, if you can show it. :slight_smile:

No, your problem is your gameplay. Tuck can’t heal anyone if he is dead. Arrange them Bane, Tuck, Tiburtus/Gormek, Gormek/Tiburtus, Karil. Use their special attacks to take out one opponent at a time, then use the open space to send tiles through to charge your specials again without charging theirs.

4 Likes

But you told me something important, center is tank!

:smile: so thank you
I didnt think this

1 Like

@lowclassgame
Unlevelled 3/4 :star: heroes are not that stronger than maxed 2 :star: ones.

For your raid level Id say to switch position between Bane/Tiburtus and Friar Tuck/Gormek (respect at the pic on post 21) and trying to bring specials and level to max as first thing to do.

1 Like

But i losed to not maxed 2 star heroes many times so i call it “losing puzzle” but you can’t see it.

It is true for a defense team. When you attack it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

That looks better. Now, look at their specials. Gormek and Tibs both weaken your enemy’s defense, so you want to use their specials before you fire off Bane and Karil. Bane hurts their attack and gives them a chance to miss you. So you want to target him at whoever’s attack will cause you the most trouble.

2 Likes

Thanks to NPNKY you for making me noticed it :hugs:

So when you raid, before you move the first tile, decide which enemy you want to kill first. Is it their healer? Do they have a dangerous hard hitter? Maybe they have someone that weakens your defenses.
Choose moves that avoid your target at first, and charge up your own specials. Don’t rush to fire them off right away. Set up combo moves, shields and diamonds if you can first.
Then, unleash your specials on your chosen target. Hit them with Tibs/Gormek first to weaken them, then Bane or Karil to finish them off.
Now you have a hole in their line. Send tiles through there to charge your specials again, then pick another target and hammer them.

5 Likes

Reminds that on defense the tank usually fire his special first as it takes more hits.
If your tank is Gormek dont bother too much with striking order (even if its crucial with empowering heroes or dispeller), it’ll fire before your others heroes thr 90% of the time, and put your defense as you know it’ll be more durable.

2 Likes

To resonate what others have said - just be choosy on where you spend it and wait for the best offers. I would say I spend what averages out to be about $5 a month but only buy things that have a guarantee to them (usually ascension items I need) and then bank gems until I see a ‘can’t miss’ HOTM or event hero and then, with no expectation, I roll the dice. Now that they sell ascension mats for gems I doubt I’ll roll much since I have 4 TC20’s so I can just wait…and wait…and wait.

2 Likes

I’m curious how you “can’t miss” a HOTM or an event hero?

I think he means “can’t miss” as in a really good hero. Not as in easy to get.

Can’t miss = must have.

The devs have not stated how old HOTM’s will come into a rotation, though I think that they stated they will find a way. So an example of a can’t miss, for me, was Zeline. So I saved up and did my rolls and tried for her. No dice, but that’s what I mean.

At least with the events they come around every 3 months so you have a shot, but again, I may pull Avalon to see if I can get Arthur or Gwen or something.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of spending money won’t give you value in-game, but what gives value changes dramatically over time.

For example, a new player buying the $5 starter pack is one of the BEST things you can buy. You get an epic hero token and I think 1200 gems (keep me honest here), so you use the epic token to see what you get, and then you save your gems for a single elemental roll in the 3-4 colors you don’t have at least a 3* (Bane and depending if the token gives a yellow or not). That’s an immediate upgrade in every single color. Also right after that, spending $ on gems or tokens most often will improve your team as adding additional 3* and higher is a direct improvement to your team (you have more raid options, larger mix of specials etc). At this point spending your gems on heroes is the best way to improve your team.

As you get a larger roster, that value diminishes over time. For example, on my 7dd account, I have every 4* hero in duplicate (except Boomer and Cabin Boy that I only have 1 of). I have most but not all of the standard 5 * heroes. Doing hero pulls for me will only add value IF I get one of the standard heroes I don’t have (Lianna, Viv, Marjana) AND I feel is worth ascending. Getting Thorne is a waste, I’ll never give him scopes or probably even capes, barring any jarring upgrades.

Also, with the events repeating over and over, the value of event pulls DRAMATICALLY lessens if you have the event 4* heroes. For example, for Avalon, I have lancelot and merlin in dupes. I don’t have Guin or Arthur, but the chance to get them is roughly 0.14% each (assuming 3% 5* drop and 1/23 chance to get each one counting the 20 standard 5s and those 3 from avalon. Math might be a bit off but it’s close enough). Those are TERRIBLE odds to try and only pull for those specific event 5s. Now I’ll do some 10x pulls there because I’d like to get Aeron the HOTM and hopefully one of those other 2 I get lucky with.

But at my stage in the game, Kerridoc’s list above is pretty accurate, except the hero roll odds only become acceptable when multiple thing are true (new event hereos + HOTM I’d like to have).

So TL:DR version, a few lump sums of $ (i.e. $25-$100) will bring much more value to you EARLIER in the game rather than later.

4 Likes