New player, having some issues with blue and red. Your advice?

The team power number of a hero is a rough measure of how strong heroes are, at their current level.

This number is mostly a measure of overall attack/defense/health stats, with some other details.

If two heroes are within 10 or 20 points, they are similar, although some are still far more effective. Don’t get hung up on exact numbers.

If one hero is double the other, you can safely say that one is a lot stronger.

2 Likes

For me, I keep ticket and World Energy Fask for Atlantise Rises (every 4th Thursday of the month - so next is 27 June 2019), but some times I use one ticket for quick recharge after full energy. Farm 8-7 only after you hard to continue Season 1, because it will help more Produce at WatchTower (you already mention this). I stock loot tickets, currently I have 209 tickets.
And during Atlantis Rise, start Season 2 as high as posible, then farm lower level like 9-9 normal for best recruits per energy.

1 Like

There no limit to how many recruits can be stored.

I found that out just yesterday, i kept getting recruits and adding more heroes to the training and i don’t see hit hitting a limit, so that’s a good way to never waste recruits by running into the storage limit. The downside is that it ties up a lot of your food that you might want to use elsewhere like hero ascension.

My current issue is that i run out of hero storage space QUICK and need to mass level up (using 10 heroes at a time) even if i don’t have 10 of that color, just to free up space. For bane i most of the time only have 5-6 yellows, and have to throw in some 2* reds or blues (because i don’t have good heroes of those colors to train so they keep piling up) just to level up en masse and free up space.

i keep tickets

Oh! I wasn’t aware they stacked, i thought i’d waste them if i don’t use them 3 every day. Good to know thanks! No idea what Atlantis is yet, but I’ll save my tickets.

Most 3* heroes top out around 450 power, and most 5* heroes start around 400.

Hmm yes but! It costs a lot of food to get the 3* to that level. If you spend that same food on the 4*, wouldn’t it land much farther than the 400? I don’t see how the math makes sens. My Leonidas is level level 15, that’s where i was when i read this forum and stopped leveling him up at 6000 food a pop. Leveling bane is proving to be a massive food sink also, i am about to drop nearly 60,000 food for his first ascension and i am not done.

Maybe a better argument is that if 3* have their uses even later in tournaments or whatever, might as well level them up now since i am starting.

Question :

1. Is there a tier list of heroes? Like best 2* heroes of a color etc? I’ve been using all for leveling, but maybe i should keep a few 2* if they are the best at what they do.
  2. I did the tournament for the first time. Any reason why not having a team of 1s to fight in that category? Are the rewards for the 1 league lower?
  3. What are the best maps for food? Sometimes i have too much metal and plenty of recruits queued up on training, and food is the bottleneck.

Basic advice *3 heroes is not only for tournament, but while we build our *4 and *5 bench (need un-farmble mats). We build *3 bench, because it is faster and also can help for color-stacking.

So for practice like if we want to attack a Purple Titan, we bring as many Yellow heroes to make good scores, so if we do not have 5x *4 yellow, we can bring Bane. Or also if we farm at map that has many purple enemy… and so on.

I do not know, and not yet heard about *2, and I stop leveling *2 heroes until I get *3 with the same color, and direct fed my leveled-*2 to *3 or *4 heroes. (but be sure that we have 30 good heroes for war).

I think if it there are tournament for *1, possibility the reward is lower then *3 and *2 heroes.

According to farm guide, best overall for food is at S2: 24-9 Hard. And for lower level S1: 13-3.

Source:

Progress

As many have said, this game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Until Challenge events were introduced, even the big spenders had a hard time getting enough ascension items for their rosters.

Hero Roster

I would love to see a list of all your heroes.

Level

Shown in the picture, I would level

Caedmon ( left corner, dispeller ) - Tiburtus ( defense debuffer ) - Friar Tuck ( nearby hero healer ) - Bane ( blindness ) - Leonidas ( right corner, titan 40% mana reduction )

Caedmon ( decent 4* 3.60 hero )

Tiburtus ( a very good Ramming Pulverizer hero, see links below )

Friar Tuck ( I have a 3* 3.50 Friar Tuck, he will get replaced by Belith when you get her, but Friar Tuckdoes not take a lot of Hero XP )

Bane ( Nice 3* 3.50 hero )

Leonidas ( not a great 5* 2.60 but you have him )

Farm

Farm 1.7-4, 1.7-7 and 1.8-7 ( see below ). I never finished the Season 1 map until Season 2 came out. By then I had a base with all maximum level buildings and twenty 4* 3.60 heroes.

Watchtower

As a general rule of thumb, level your Watchtower to the same level as your Stronghold.

Legendary training

Legendary Training ( Training Camp level 20 ) will produce one 4* hero, roughly every ten days. See below for minimum buildings required for Legendary training.

But before then you can get 3* heroes from many places.

VIP Pass

Will give you daily gems ( can summons 3* heroes ) and double daily summons ( chance of 3* heroes ).

Leonidas 5* 2.60 versus Bane 3* 3.50

As a general rule

4* 3.60 > 5* 2.60 > 3* 3.50 ( see link below )

Bane is an amazing 3* hero ( I have 3x 3* 3.50 Bane for Challenge events, and before my roster of 4* 3.60 heroes, for use in alliance war.)

Leonidas is useful against titans were the 40% mana reduction is useful. But until you have 2x to 4x rainbow 4* 3.60 teams, I would leave Leonidas at 5* 2.60 .

Farming 1.8-7 and 1.7-7

While Season 1, Province 8, Stage 7 ( 1.8-7 ) is great for recruits, I prefer Season 1, Province 7, Stage 7 ( 1.7-7 ). There is slightly less recruits ( 7,8,9 versus 8,9,10 ) but since there are 3-4 less mobs, you require less healing, while also supplying string for arrows, rugged clothes for Extra fast training ( Training Camp 19 ) and it is faster when you use auto play.

Season 1, Province 7, Stage 4 ( 1.7-4 ) gives less recruits than 1.7-7 or 1.8-7 but gives 18- 22 monsters per 3 world energy for filling Wanted Monster Hero Chest. Filling a chest gives you decent food and iron ( based on your current total storage ) and chance at 3* ascension items, Atlantis coins, gems, Epic Hero Tokens and Daily summons tokens.

Player XP

The two best places for Hero XP are Season 1, Province 23, Stage any, and Atlantis Rising ( select stages ).

I did not worry about Player XP until I was player level 48 ( I wanted a 40 world energy bar for Atlantis Rising ).

Starting teams

If possible, I recommend 2x rainbow 3* 3.50 teams and 2x rainbow 4* 3.60 teams before using any 3* ascension items. ( see quotes below )

5* heroes require a lot of Hero XP so generally you want a good selection of 4* 3.60 heroes before leveling a 5* 2.60 hero to 5* 3.70 . But there are exceptions, usually class quests ( see quotes ).

Food

Maps are bad for food. Farms are good for food.

Notes

Click for notes

Quotes

Links

( Ramming Pulverizer-Who's your favorite? - #13 by Gryphonknight )

( [Math] 4* 4.70 > 5* 3.70 > 4* 3.60 > 5* 2.60 > 3* 3.50 ( base stats and special skills ) or Comparison of Partially leveled heroes by rarity [More Math] )

FIN

5 Likes

@DrakenKin you have Friar Tuck, a three star healer. I’d level him up…

1. Nothing in this game is cheap.
  2. Anything worthwhile takes time. Took me 4 months of VIP to even get one, lone, TC20.
  3. Patience. :slight_smile:

Hello,
Really like reading your posts, i always find some tidbits of info i wasn’t aware of.
Thank you.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Friar only heals those close to him, and he’s green, while i have 2 good 4* heroes. What i meant is, i need a blue or red healer to complete my team, because i only have 3 good heroes that are “core” to my team, and i have to somehow build around them.

What is TC20? training center? if it is the case, how is that affected by VIP?

@Gryphonknight It will take me some time to digest all that. Thanks for all the info!

1 Like

Hmm, are you saying i should have 3 green heroes? Maybe Friar can heal 3 heroes and i can rely on potions to heal the other 2. The 1* red hero isn’t adding much damage to tiles anyway, might as well keep stacking green and get the better healer?

a marathon, not a sprint.

I am seeing that, everything is a grind. Yet somehow the game is interesting with all the activities it has. The 2 things crushing my motivation right now is how i am power 1900, yet on RAIDS the game only gives me 2500+ enemies, and it’s a real food sink to find something i have a chance of defeating. The other one is how little space for heroes we have, i had 45 and bough a +5 for 50 gems, i keep swimming in recruits but i can’t spend them because always at hero cap, and not enough food to keep using those heroes to level up the others. I have 2 training centers, one running 12 every 3 hours, and the other running 12 every 30 minutes.

I would love to see a list of all your heroes.

Screenshot updates :

decent 4* 3.60 hero

What does the 60 mean? They seem to only go up to level 40.

Watchtower to the same level as your Stronghold.

Watchtower is only 5, while stronghold is 9, and food/metal production are all 8. The food is an issue and it is sometimes hard to know what to prioritize. I have been doing hero leveling + production mostly, the watchtower is a huge sink of food and i’d like to get at least 1 strong team ASAP. Maybe not maxed but at least 2000 power+ so i can be more useful in wars. Currently my team is 1900.

While Season 1, Province 8, Stage 7 ( 1.8-7 ) is great for recruits, I prefer Season 1, Province 7, Stage 7 ( 1.7-7 ). There is slightly less recruits ( 7,8,9 versus 8,9,10 ) but since there are 3-4 less mobs, you require less healing

I can do 8-7 auto with eyes closed. And I can do no heal potions up to 13-3 (been farming food there). Currently i have province 14 unlocked but progress is hard so ill wait until i upgrade my team more before unlocking more of the map.

The two best places for Hero XP are Season 1, Province 23, Stage any, and Atlantis Rising ( select stages ).

I thought starting province 15 it’s season 2? Where is 1-23?

Before using any 3* ascension items.

What are ascension items?

Maps are bad for food. Farms are good for food.

Farms are the fist thing i upgrade after stronghold. But I need more. :slight_smile:

@DrakenKin Ok I was under the impression you had one 1* healer TOTAL lol - oops! Good luck getting your heroes quickly

TC20 is a maxed out Training Center, yes. VIP only plays a role in helping me get there in 4 months because VIP gives you a second builder, meaning that you’re able to have two buildings in progress at a time, rather than just one, thus speeding up the process big time.

1 Like

Raid not based on Team Power, but based on Thropy, so if your current trophy is too high, just drop it by changing your defense weaker Power for a moment like one/two days, then Raid will has less Power Team.

What level player currently? Lower level is fast to levelup and can get extra more hero spaces.
Here is the space based on Level player:
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/uploads/short-url/sM2VaS1x6BWiLnwBAvJYhOkEGW5.jpeg
Source:

Best way is if your SH is under lvl 11, running:
1x TC4 → for stocking your recruit, this is Mini TC11.
1x TC2/TC1 → depend on sword (TC1) or backpack/adventure kits (TC2).

After level 11:
1x TC11 → for stocking your recruit, move from your TC4

After level 13:
1x TC11 → for stocking your recruit
1x TC 13 → for stocking food, so we can move recruit to TC11 to get food.

*3 Heroes: 1.30 → 2.40 → 3.50
*4 Heroes: 1.40 → 2.50 → 3.60 → 4.70
*5 Heroes: 1.50 → 2.60 → 3.70 → 4.80

Ascension items is require to move from tier 1 to tier 2, and so on.
2019-06-05_22-04-20

Ascension item for *3 heroes is farmable in map, but for *4 at tier 4 and *5 heroes tier 3 and 4 need unfarmable items, means you can only get from Titan/War/etc…

Here is summarize ascension need mats.

1 Like

4* 3.60?

X* Y.Z is
X stars
Y tier
Z level

See
( The E&P Jargon-Pulverising Fictionary (glossary, definitions, dictionary) )

Season 1 & 2

Season 1 has 23 provinces.
Season 2 has 27 provinces.

I finished Season 1 when Season 2 was announced. But people have said Season 2 opens before you finish Season 1.

Base

Click for base

Unless you are a big spender, I advice getting to Legendary training ( recruit training level 20 ) as soon as possible since it is a great source of 4* heroes.

As a general rule of thumb level all buildings to level 8. Then two training camps to level 11. This lets you have one training camp while you upgrade the other. Then farms, food storage, mines, and iron storage to level 12 or 13. Then see the below links.

It also helps to have your Watchtower the same level as your Stronghold.

Personally, I run 3x Extra low cost training ( recruit training level 11 ) so at Stronghold 11, I upgrade all 3x training camps to level 11. Extra low cost has great return on recruits, but takes a really long time. So three camps running Extra low cost training helps with the slowness.

Raids

I usually advise people to ignore raids until they have 2x rainbow 3* 3.50 and 1x to 2x rainbow 4* 3.60 for color stacking. You will also hit an ascension item wall ( 3* / 4* ascension items ) so you will get a temporary glut of food for rerolls.

Hoarding recruits

Recruits can be stored in Low cost training ( RT04 ) and Extra low cost ( RT11 ).

3* / 4* ascension items

Ascension items are used to level a hero to the next tier. The following ascension items are need for 4* / 5* heroes.

( Ascension Items for max. Tier )

If you click on some ascension items, example 3* Hidden Blade, they are referred to as non farmable ( only obtainable as rewards from Wanted Missions, Titan Battles, Alliance Wars, Challenge Events and Tourneys ).

Heroes in the game

Class of all heroes ( and were to get the heroes )
( 🦸 Memento Heroes Classes and Class Trial Quests )

Details of all heroes
( New! All Updated Hero Rosters (including costumed heroes, trainer heroes and family bonuses) )

3* Healers

Click for 3* healers

There are only three 3* healers. Green Belith, Red Hawkmoon and Green Friar Tuck.

I still have my 1x Friar Tuck 3* 3.50 ( my first 3* healer).

But I also have
2x Belith 3* 3.50,
2x Hawkmoon 3* 3.50
and a few other Belith and Hawkmoon for trade.

Trade is 2-3 years away, I should probably get rid of some now that I have a stockpile of 4* 1.1 healers for trade.

3* Teams

So it is easier to build a team around your 3* healers.

So I would recommend leveling Friar Tuck.

Roster 3* Heroes

Renfeld and Graymane are HP stealers.

Renfeld you can probably use to level another hero. Renfeld is not considerd a good purple 3* hero and you have Tiburtus.

Graymane is trickery. Not a very good hero, but for now, a blue 3*

( Convince me not to feed my 3^50 Graymane - #7 by Gryphonknight )

Probably want to hold onto Berden. I have never leveled Berden, instead I leveled Friar Tuck and 2x Belith ( see above ).

1*/ 2* Heroes

Unless you have space, I would not hold onto the 1* / 2* heroes. Personally I have 1* Sigrunn, 2* Layla and 2* Ragnhild, but I have 242 hero slots.

Bad RNG

I have been playing since 2017-September and just recently got blue 4* Boril and still missing purple 4* Cyprian.

With bad RNG you can go years without a specific 4* hero ( see notes).

So red 4* Boldtusk and blue 4* Kiril ( the only 4* red and only 4* blue healer ) may elude you for months or years ( see notes )

4* healers

Click for 4* Healers

While good heroes, Boldtusk only heals for 27% and Kiril for 28% so I also have

purple Rigard 4*+11 and 4* 3.60
green Melendor 4*+11 and 4* 3.60
purple Sabina 4*+11 and 4* 3.60

All of who heal for 42%.

And a Kashhrek 4* 3.60, heal nearby 45% and protection from strong color, for defense and war teams. Gaderius is still at 4* 1.1 because Kashhrek is at 4* 3.60.

4 * Teams

So it is easier to build a team around your 4* healers.

Notes

Click for notes

4* RNG Paywall

Reference notes on DrakenKin's hero roster for future consults

Tiburtus
Caedmon
Friar Tuck
Leonidas
Bane

Sharon 2*+3

Margaret

Renfeld
Graymane
Berden

FIN

3 Likes

Hi! Something i wih i learned much earlier on was that having a “rainbow” team is not always the best thing. Don’t focus on having a red or blue if you dont have one. Just focus on having the types of fighters that you want. The best to have is (or course) a healer. Some people even like 2 but i use 1. Then, at least 2 strong fighters, and the other 2 spots of any type (counter-attack, defense boost, attack boost, another healer, another fighter, or a mixed skilled hero). When you stack a color you increase the tile hits effectiveness. Your current best healer is Friar Tuck. Use him with Caedmon until you level up Margie and get a better healer. I have her and she’s badass but she’s useless unti her shield and over xp levels up. Feel free to reach out to me on discord if you want help or join my team, Tequila Mockingbirds, we’ll get you there :wink: @Devin#5699

Hello again,
When you get to SH level 12 you might want to run TC 12 unstead ot 13, 13 is more expensive to run, the difference is only a possibility of, if you’re lucky, to maybe, eventually, get a 4*, 12 will give 3* so maybe you’ll get what you need.
Fr Tuck is the best you have, now, i would use him. Use what you have, not what you wish.
Go to the players guide a lot of info is in there.
Don’t worry about raids, they are set up to be against you, i don’t like them.
The cups don’t matter overall.
A lot of good info is being offered to you and anyone following the thread, so i thank everyone, I’m picking your brains as well.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello everyone, thanks for all the great information! I’ve read it and will reread it because there’s a lot to digest.

Today was my RED elemental day, i spent 600 from the gems i had, and got Jahangir 3* and Hawkmoon 3*… A RED HEALER! Finally i can retired 1* sharan.

I am left with 557 gems. With VIP i should have 600 by the time blue elemental day comes, and maybe ill be lucky enough to get a good blue to finish my rainbow team. Else i find that with 2 greens (caedmon and margaret) and now a 3* healer i am managing reasonably.

Raid not based on Team Power, but based on Thropy, so if your current trophy is too high, just drop it by changing your defense weaker Power for a moment like one/two days, then Raid will has less Power Team.

Ooh I’ll try that. I don’t care about crowns, i am using raids as an additional source of food mainly, around 4000 food per win is quite decent, when you can win that is. How much food would i lose from having a weak team to drop my crowns? If someone steals 4000 food, do i actually lost that much or is it a ratio? I am trying to calculate if it’s worth doing.

What level player currently?

Currently I just hit level 17.

Unless you are a big spender

I meant to be F2P but ended up spending 15$ + VIP. I don’t plan on buy anything other than VIP from now on.

color stacking

I’ve been getting good results with color stacking for raids. My raids team is almost the same, but i replace the healer with another yellow DPS (Bane). The result is dual green, dual yellow and the purple Tiburtus for the damage boost.

Am i doing it right or do you have other tips for color stacking? How should i do it for titans also?

There are only three 3* healers. Green Belith, Red Hawkmoon and Green Friar Tuck.

Wow, ok. That changes everything. I’ll have to manage my expectations and probably use some 2* healers for my other teams (I have Sha Ji). And yes i will definitely level up friar now.

What do you think of using extra defense heroes instead of heal? For example 2* Olaf gives +40% defense to all, which sounds quite considerable. He’s also blue, a color i lack anything good in except maybe for greymane.

What do you think of 2* Shaarkot? Or damage boosting heroes in general? So far i’ve been thinking getting an attack is better than getting a boosted one, but with color stacking, and the way damage seem to scale exponentially if your attack is over the enemy defense, i am reconsidering this belief. Any input?

Thanks everyone! <3

Hawkmoon

CONGRATS!

Trophy dropping

The short answer is, it is extremely complicated.

If you want to maximize your food, I would set a strong defense team and manually trophy drop.

([Trophy Tactics] "Waffle, "Drop", "Slow Climb" and "Hover" or tactics for deliberately changing trophies)

Good IAP gem deals

Some tips on IAP

( [Opinion, Discussion] Effective IAP gem deals in Empires or Return On Investment )

Color stacking

You are good.

To get the most use out of color stacking you need 2x to 3x rainbow teams which you are working on.

Click for quote

Defense and Attack buffs

Generally speaking healing special skills and damage special skills are the best.

Extra attack is called an attack buff. Extra defense is called a defense buff.

Defense buffs are cool as a secondary effect ( Kiril, Wilbur, Aegir, Victor, etc. ) but has a limited duration and can be hard to time.

Attack buffs work better because you can time it easier.

One problem with color stacking, it does not help with your attacking team’s defense since enemies use tinted damage ( see link ).

So if you pick an hero of the correct color, with an attack buff, even dead they will do double tile / matching/ physical damage ( strong color stacking, grave damage. see above color stacking quote ).

While picking a hero of the correct color, with a defense buff, they might be killed before they can use their special skill.

( What Is Elemental Damage? - A Guide to Elements - #61 by Gryphonknight )

2 Likes

Found it