šŸ“ā€ā˜  New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

I finished epic and rare one . On both im around 15 and 12k so i will be probably claiming Epic troop token . I dont know how much my position could vary from here to the end of the event .

The team i used for epic was

Wu Kong Colen Boldtusk Hu tao Li xiuā€¦

First time doing a challange event without proteus and rigs hacks hehe. Last level was the hardest one.

1 Like

Beat rare with this super no-frills team:

Sometimes Iā€™d swap out Berden for Valen if the boss is weak against blue (the Captain Kestrel stages mainly). First 10 stages were quite manageable with only the occasional healing potion required since I lack healers. Last 5 stages I charged up everybody before heading into the boss stage, then focus fired on the most dangerous boss, which brought them down to about 1/3 HP, and then finished the job with axes+arrows. Did not need to use gems to continue at all.

If this scrappy team can beat rare, you guys with the +20 heroes and lv 15 troops have no excuse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What a change from Avalon! Having Hawkmoon, Boril & Boldtusk fully levelled has made a huge difference.

Having barely made it through the final Epic stages last month Iā€™ve just breezed through Rare & Epic on the first try and barely using any items. Boril was great when I had him in the Epic stages. Mostly he just sat in the tank position and let the bosses kill themselves! :joy:

I switched my heroes in and out depending on what they were facing but here are the teams I used to beat Stage 15.

Now time to get cracking with Legendary. Got plenty of potions and Dragons now so I think I have a good chance this month.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been using him and heā€™s really not OP. Without buffs he does 1 weaker hit. On defense just donā€™t bring buff heroes and heā€™s not a problem. Plus heā€™s usually on the wing so you can ignore him for a while.

Heā€™s fun to use and heā€™s a great hero, but after using him a lot, he isnā€™t OP. Sometimes he forces you to let a buffing hero fire first to make the most of his effect, but this can be a big risk too

1 Like

Kestrel is awesome in RA tournaments since mana is often full or near full in enemies. So so in normal play

1 Like

got Peters. I feel loaded with 4* greens. Hoping for a no red 4* tournament next week, Hansel and Peters have work to do!

Ok, good to know, thanks @Mr.Spock. Wonder which is more niche, Kestrel for RAā€™s or JF like was said in above post.

I bought all 3 of the offers today, and although all my summons are duplicates, out of 6 only 1 was a 3*. The otherā€™s were all 4*:

(3x Coin Summon + 3x Gem Summon)
Brienne
Kashhrek
L Xiu
Sabina
Chao
Colen

I will keep the Sabina but get rid of the others

1 Like

Took me about 30 summons to get Peters. Ended up with 5 Vodniks in the process (4 of which promptly became food for Triton), and way way way too many S1 3* dupes (yes there was a Renfeld and Fire Truck)

I guess Iā€™m on the RNGā€™s bad side again, so thatā€™s all the summoning Iā€™m doing this event. Did get what I came for so thatā€™s good I suppose.

2 Likes

Finished all 3 difficulties and only got one suspicious chest. Did two summons and got millionth Boril and Chao. Donā€™t have motivation to shoot for high scores, so kind of done with this event. Well, at least tier completion rewards are quite ok.

3 Likes

So far, for rare, I have only managed to level a green team, currently working on a red one for those pesky red mobs.

-Gunnar, Brienne, 3 x Berden
-Gunnar, Hawkmoon (costume), Namahage, Azar, Rudolph (working on a second Namahage to replace Azar)

You think mixing Gunnar with off-colors is worth it?

Had some gems saved up, but wasnā€™t even sure if I wanted to bother with pirates. Eventually I ended up doing some pulls yesterday; all it netted me was Marie-ThĆ©rĆØse.

Not sure how much use sheā€™ll be to me. Iā€™m trying to think of a reason why I wouldnā€™t just level a second costume Rigard instead, or my sole Grimble as a tech choice. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll find her place in one of my war teams somewhere down the line, though.

Anyway, today at work I decided to do a few more pulls during coffee break just for the hell of it. I got my second Telluria, andā€¦

I know many others would be more ecstatic than I am, but heā€™s certainly a nice catch. Just yesterday I was pondering whether to ascend one of my blue 5*s at 70 or start bringing Vela up to 70 for my titan team. Glad I decided to start leveling her, because now my six scopes can go to the commodore instead.

Curious to see how he fares on offense. I expressed my skepticism of his fitness for my playstyle when he was released, so we shall see how he fares in practice. As much as it pains me to strip emblems off of possibly my favorite hero, Seshat, I donā€™t care for Alice all that much so heā€™ll likely find a place in my defense.

4 Likes

How many pulls did you do?

Amazing pulls ! Two 5* and the HOTM.

Congratz

2 Likes

So far, doing well with Legendary with this crew. Just finished stage 13.

Pulled from a 2 10x pulls Peter and Kestrel.

3 Likes

Well I just lost Legendary stage one so looks like itā€™s gonna be a slog. I tried taking a red and yellow team with only one 5 star (Leo). Iā€™ve heard people say Legendary can be completed with only 4 stars but I got slammed! Doing much better now with Leo, Lia, Tarlak, Isa and Vela. One day Iā€™ll have enough 5 stars to tailor a team for each event but for now I have to use the few I have for every event and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Only did a few pulls this time, but got a second Peters and my first Vodnik. Definitely going to be levelling Peters in the future. My first is my most used hero on my roster and I could definitely use a second of him for AW.

2 Likes

Hi, I have a blow of lucky guy!,
is worth max sarggaso? I was maxing domitia right now.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve almost decided not to pull in this event. Iā€™ve had Peters for a long time - one of my earliest event heroes - and got 2 x Vodnik last time round. I would love Marie Therese because sheā€™s beautiful and scary and makes zombies - whatā€™s not to like? (Oh, and something about healing as well, always helps.) Wanting Finley is mandatory, of course, although given the ongoing scope crisis he probably wouldnā€™t get levelled until at least next Pirates. Lady Locke would join a very long green queue, including the somewhat similar Morgan at 3.70. As for the others, I think the best word to describe them (or at least my feelings towards them) is ā€œmehā€. And the odds are terrible.

Meanwhile the event coins pile up slowly (currently 5 pullsā€™ worth). And I still havenā€™t got Guardian Falcon, or any Wonderland or Grimforest 5*, whilst I do have Telluria (hurrah!). So I think thatā€™s the answer to that question.

But Marie Therese has a snakeā€¦!

1 Like

Looking for some advice on EPIC 15.

Hereā€™s my roster:

Hereā€™s my team through EPIC 14:

I breezed through the first 14 levels of EPIC in 1 go each, but in 15 I hit the wall at the bosses and was making NO progress due to Marie-Thereseā€™s healing. Iā€™ve been using (from above) Wilbur, Scarlett, Kiril, Boril, Wu Kong. I really like the combo of Kiril/Wilbur/Wu for tile damage and use it in a lot of places. I wish it was BT instead of Kiril, but I havenā€™t pulled him yet from summons or TC20.

Iā€™m thinking of subbing in my sub-max Melendor for Boril in order to dispel MTā€™s HOT. Would that be enough to get it in another run or should I be changing up my team more?

what battle items do you have? axes? bombs?